Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Stop of Diesel sales (Panamera, Cayenne, Macan)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 06:32 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stop of Diesel sales (Panamera, Cayenne, Macan)

obviously it is not such a big issue in the US/UK, but: just read in a german Porsche forum that Porsche stopped last week (based on a supervisory board decision) the sale of all Diesel cars.

not that I personally miss them that much, but: for the Cayenne the share of Diesel cars in Europe was almost 2/3 of all sold Cayennes.

Also the Panamera had a quite high stake of total car sales.

Curious, if economically this decision will have a bigger impact on the total revenue of the Company, but I think it does.

Nevertheless, a strong decsion from Porsche!

PS: Panamera Diesel was de-listed from the Car Configurator last week.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:44 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200
obviously it is not such a big issue in the US/UK, but: just read in a german Porsche forum that Porsche stopped last week (based on a supervisory board decision) the sale of all Diesel cars.

not that I personally miss them that much, but: for the Cayenne the share of Diesel cars in Europe was almost 2/3 of all sold Cayennes.

Also the Panamera had a quite high stake of total car sales.

Curious, if economically this decision will have a bigger impact on the total revenue of the Company, but I think it does.

Nevertheless, a strong decsion from Porsche!

PS: Panamera Diesel was de-listed from the Car Configurator last week.
interesting! the UK gov have mandated that no petrol/diesel cars will be sold from 2040 (as have France i believe).
i think we need to get rid of the wife's ML diesel before they're basically worthless.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:11 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you're right, they have disappeared from the UK configurator, that's a big step and pretty crushing to those that bought the diesel!!
Old 08-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200
Not so sure about it not being a big issue in the UK. Here the biggest seller is the Macan. So far, the vast majority of Macans bought here have been diesel. Diesel sales might be dropping off a bit, but dealers are still selling decent numbers of diesels...

UK configurator - Panamera Diesel has disappeared but Diesel S Macans and Cayennes still available to configure...

And no diesel 911...

Quick Reply: Stop of Diesel sales (Panamera, Cayenne, Macan)