Panamera 2010-Current

New 48v PDCC

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New 48v PDCC

Does anyone have any experience with the new 48v PDCC system that Porsche is installing in the new Panamera?

I had the older hydraulic PDCC in my '13 991S, but I haven't seen any reviews or been able to locate a new Panny with PDCC to test drive. I've ordered my new Turbo Sport Turismo, but the "lock-in" date is still a few weeks away and I'm dithering over whether or not to spend the extra $5K. I had a '13 Panamera GTS which did not
have PDCC, and I thought it handled extremely well. Noticeably better than my present RS7. (But boy, that RS7 motor!)

I drive hard and do a fair amount of mountain driving so the PDCC sounds like it would make a good car even better. But I spoke to a gentleman from PCNA who thought the PDCC felt "artificial." Does anyone here have any first-hand experience?

If you bought the option and have now driven it - would you do it again? Any/all thoughts are welcome.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS7
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo on the way
Old 08-04-2017, 03:58 PM
burgersa
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2017 Turbo Panamera that I ordered with PDCC Sport, which includes PTV+ (Torque Vectoring Plus) and an electronically controlled rear differential lock for extra traction when needed. My 911 C2S has a mechanical limited-slip rear differential, but not PDCC. I do not track the 911, and IMO, it handles very well without PDCC. The Panamera, on the other hand, is a much heavier vehicle, and although I do not track it either, I have taken interstate exit ramps, as well as many steeply curved roads at somewhat very fast speeds, and the Panamera, IMO, does as well as my 911. It stays extremely flat and well planted close to what I perceive it limits to be, with no body roll. I would not have a Panamera without it. Of course, you still feel centrifugal force on your body, but the vehicle stays flat around the curves, with all 4 wheels planted. For the type of driving that you describe, PDCC would be a must, again IMHO. There is nothing artificial about it in any way! I have rear axle steering, as well, which aids in handling. AS A SIDE NOTE, be absolutely sure that you specify to your dealer that you want the free QH1 option added, or you will not have Voice Control (VC). Only the dealer knows about it, and only the dealer can add it to your configuration. If he doesn't add FREE QH1 for you, you will just get an error message on your beautiful display screen stating, " Voice Control is not available", when you push the VC button on the end of your turn signal stalk. I have it on my vehicle, and contrary to other uninformed opinionates, it works better than any of the previous Mercedes, Lexus, and Acura's that I have owned. Do not forget: QH1, and it is free!
Old 08-04-2017, 08:26 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

It doesn't appear to be available on the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, but it is standard on the Turbo S E-Hybrid???
Old 08-04-2017, 10:05 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

With regard to the QH1, my salesman did inform me and included it in my order. I've never met a voice control system yet that worked for me, but maybe this will be better. WTH, it's free so might as well.

I appreciate the input about the PDCC. I suspect that sooner or later I'd be kicking myself if I don't order it. FWIW I checked with PEC in Los Angeles, but they told me that they don't have a single PDCC equipped Panamera among their fleet of cars. Rats. Of all places, I thought they would.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'18 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo (in December)

Quick Reply: New 48v PDCC