Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

2016 Panamera rear diffuser removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 07:29 PM
trek2net
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2016 Panamera rear diffuser removal?

I would like to replace the original rear diffuser on my 2016 Panamera GTS but I can not tell how difficult it is to remove. Does anyone have any experience replacing the rear diffuser or know where to get an assembly drawing that might help?
Old 08-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Oekun1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there-

The diffuser its not all that difficult to remove. There are 5 or so torx screws that hold it into the bumper at the bottom. Additionally the unit snaps into the bumper and has these pieces around the entire perimeter. I found using a flat head screw driver from the back helped with some, and at some point you may have to just pull hard to get the last few out. All in all, it took about 2 hours as I didn't want to break anything and I was still investigating how it comes apart.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:11 PM
trek2net
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for the comment

Thanks for the comment! I have been searching all over for any information on how to remove the OEM piece and can not find anything. Do you recall if the reflectors come off with the original piece?

What after market Diffuser did you go with and are your happy with it?
Old 08-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Oekun1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trek2net
Thanks for the comment! I have been searching all over for any information on how to remove the OEM piece and can not find anything. Do you recall if the reflectors come off with the original piece?

What after market Diffuser did you go with and are your happy with it?
I should have been more clear. The diffuser on my Panny (2010) came in two pieces, the full wrap around piece and the center portion. I simply pulled the center portion and redid that piece in silver to match my side vents.

I had looked at various options out there and didn't see one that I liked/was comfortable with.

Which version are you considering for yours?

Quick Reply: 2016 Panamera rear diffuser removal?