Notices

Sport Auto - C7 Z06 (Manual) - 7:13.9 @ Ring

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 11:22 AM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by JimHJr
Drove a used 16 mt at my local dealer. Wow these cars are impressive!

Price wasn’t great so I may be ordering a 19. Used pricing on these cars doesn’t seem to line up well with the discounts that you can get on a brand new vehicle.

If you go with a used one with the manual transmission make sure it is at least a 2017 so that it comes with the secondary water radiator so that engine oil temps are kept in control. And yes, they are a very good car.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:23 AM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by JimHJr
Drove a used 16 mt at my local dealer. Wow these cars are impressive!

Price wasn’t great so I may be ordering a 19. Used pricing on these cars doesn’t seem to line up well with the discounts that you can get on a brand new vehicle.

They are actually doing pretty well on the used market (resale value), I have better value retention on my 16 Z06 than my previous 991 Carrera S (49% trade-in value from msrp in less than 3 years).

I asked my local Chevy dealer for a quote on trade-in, as I may sell mine (barely drove less than 1,000 miles in a year) and it was surprisingly high. Dealer told me that there is always a high demand for Z06s and that the Corvette market is pretty strong now, people don't want to wait.

It is an amazing car, 3rd gear can move the car from a stop up to 124mph, no other car I have driven has this much torque in such a wide powerband.

PM if you have questions that no one can answer, I know the car in and out.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:49 PM
JimHJr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.

A/S, That’s what seems kind of strange, nice discounts available but resale value is pretty good. Seems like a good car to purchase new.

Quick Reply: Sport Auto - C7 Z06 (Manual) - 7:13.9 @ Ring