Notices

OT: Video - Lambo Huracan Performante review

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 07:27 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
The marvle looking, carbon composite plastic looks terrible in the interior and exterior.
I agree. While CF has a high end look to it, that CC looks like cheap plastic ! Awful !
Old 05-27-2017, 02:02 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
I agree. While CF has a high end look to it, that CC looks like cheap plastic ! Awful !
SV Roadster 60k upgrade to change all CF to the "plywood" cf they are proud of that look - it's grown on me.

At the Performante preview mgmt asked what other cars people owned when mentioning the RS they felt that is their favorite track enthusiast car after Lamborghini you guys who hate Lambo should drive one - don't have to buy one just drive one.

Moved the thread McLaren / GT350 threads stay even though Lamborghini is a sister company to Porsche.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 05-27-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:55 AM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
performante roadster will be useless with its soft top bc will not be allowed to go on any tracks. who needs all that aero tech just to drive it on street? and how will they balance the aero for when the roof is open? better not even to release such a model which will only reinforce lambo poser rep
Not the case at all. Is the 458 Speciale Aperta crap because it has a folding roof? No, it doesn't matter that the Huracan has a soft top. I guarantee it will be a beast of a car and will come close to the lap time the coupe posted.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:35 PM
mark_schnell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like over-the-top. I also like bragging rights for fastest time at Nurburgring Nordschleife. I drooled over 918 when it had the record, and now this car. I like the stealth-fighter / batmobile look, and liked the tail more than the tail on any prior Lambo. It doesn't have the "Lambo doors" but can't have everything. If/when I win lotto, I'll devote 2 stalls in my then-new garage storage facility to an Aventador (maybe SV) and a Huracan (maybe Performante).

I have yet to own a car that garnered TOO MUCH attention. I don't think I'd mind.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Saw the Performante a few weeks ago. Its insane. I love it. A GT3 RS doesn't hold a candle to this car inmo.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan-BilletDesign
Saw the Performante a few weeks ago. Its insane. I love it. A GT3 RS doesn't hold a candle to this car inmo.
i wouldn't say that.. lets just consider ourselves lucky that we have more than one naturally aspirated track car choice to choose from. I'll be tracking the Performante in July, i can't deny i'm extremely excited to try it, but if they substituted it for the GT3RS at the track, I wouldn't exactly be disappointed.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
i wouldn't say that.. lets just consider ourselves lucky that we have more than one naturally aspirated track car choice to choose from. I'll be tracking the Performante in July, i can't deny i'm extremely excited to try it, but if they substituted it for the GT3RS at the track, I wouldn't exactly be disappointed.

Not me. Inmo there is no comparison between the two. I think the Performante is much more exciting not just as a track weapon, but a street car. I find the GT3 and RS a bit mundane on the street. Actually prefer a Turbo S as a street car.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:48 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Well having mulled it over for a few weeks and being very close to pulling the trigger on a 720S I think I'm going with this instead.....yes over the top looks but not the first I've had in that category. For me it's the NA engine and that sound. If I'm going to spend $100K plus one of my cars to move to something new I think this is it. 458 to this as opposed to GT3 to RS....I don't know. That's my thinking for this weekend anyways. Dealers in my area all have a slot or two left for end of the year delivery. It's just giving me a trade number I'm comfortable with.

Quick Reply: OT: Video - Lambo Huracan Performante review