Notices

OT: Giulia Quadrifoglio 7:32 at Ring

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I don't buy the numbers, but that's me looking at it from a would I buy one not some desire to see the car fail. I want it to succeed, because the more cars that push the envelope the more everyone has to lift their game and we benefit. I'm not a brand loyalist, my next purchase is probably going to be Italian or English. When I saw this time, the cars specs, the fact it was supposedly on regular sports tires, my bull**** meter goes off. I hope it's great but I'm waiting to see what the production cars deliver and will probably go to the track when the local dealer sends a few to try out.
I know it's hard to buy but Fabio Francia has confirmed on his Facebook that the tyres were stock Pirelli Corsa. There is a screen shot of this post on the M4 GTS thread.

This picture was taken on the same day and is Fabios FB wallpaper today.
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Enilder
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Only on the GT-S. All other AMGs use a planetary-gear automatic (most 7-sp), BUT with wet clutches, instead of the typical torque converter of the ZF 8-sp autos used on most other cars (and all other automatics). That's in-between a typical auto and a DCT.
Thanks!
Old 09-10-2016, 04:50 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by B0rJarZz M.
U'll be surprise how many people drives like that.
Yes, I would be.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:25 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I don't care how good the car is, or how well it drives.

With a name like "Giulia Quadrifoglio" it's going to be a hard sell. Just human nature.
To Americans, yes.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:30 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

I want one. I just need to get over my Alfa 4C experience where Alfa bought the car back as a lemon.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:22 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,121 Likes on 5,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I don't care how good the car is, or how well it drives.

With a name like "Giulia Quadrifoglio" it's going to be a hard sell. Just human nature.
Originally Posted by kyrocks
To Americans, yes.
But the American market is the one Alfa Romeo is trying to break into with the Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:32 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

The heavy of tongue could just use Alfa GQ. It's not like Bayersche Motoren Werke has many problems selling cars to Americans.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
The heavy of tongue could just use Alfa GQ. It's not like Bayersche Motoren Werke has many problems selling cars to Americans.
:-) very good
Old 09-11-2016, 01:34 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Yes we all manage PDK without saying / typing Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe...

Seriously, do people actually think one word will be a barrier to people buying the car if it's good? Of course not, they'll just ask for the one with the green cloverleaf on it.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,907 Likes on 982 Posts

Finally watched the video. That's one bold drover. Serious respect.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:18 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Maserati quattorporte
Ferrari scaglietti
Lamborghini Gallardo
Giulia quadrifoglio

You would enjoy more If these were dumbed down to alphanumeric acronyms?.. An AR 3-series?

No, no you wouldn't. you'd rather flip up your collar, slick back your hair, put on your sunglasses while lighting a smoke and butcher the name, hoping some of the Italian rubs off on you and that the pretty young thing in the restaurant checks you out as you pull up. Let's not kid ourselves, it's all about sex. I mean everything, every ******* thing we do, in its most primal Raison d'etre, is for sex.

Buying an Italian car with a complex multi syllabic name is just you purchasing a short-cut to sex.

Relish the sounds... Geeooleeuh cooaahtroportah...

Mouth sex see?

as Satco would say (I'll see myself out now)
Old 09-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Maserati quattorporte
Ferrari scaglietti
Lamborghini Gallardo
Giulia quadrifoglio

You would enjoy more If these were dumbed down to alphanumeric acronyms?.. An AR 3-series?

No, no you wouldn't. you'd rather flip up your collar, slick back your hair, put on your sunglasses while lighting a smoke and butcher the name, hoping some of the Italian rubs off on you and that the pretty young thing in the restaurant checks you out as you pull up. Let's not kid ourselves, it's all about sex. I mean everything, every ******* thing we do, in its most primal Raison d'etre, is for sex.

Buying an Italian car with a complex multi syllabic name is just you purchasing a short-cut to sex.

Mouth sex see?

^^^ Famous Post Here!

"Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde" (QV)

Ill take you up on that Alex (sorry for my mono language abbreviation of your name!). When I get my Alfa I look forward to more sex! With the GT3 I think I have been getting less sex (probably because I spend too much time driving it to and on the track!).
Old 09-11-2016, 05:51 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Maserati quattorporte
Ferrari scaglietti
Lamborghini Gallardo
Giulia quadrifoglio

Mouth sex see?

Love it! Totally agree!
Old 09-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Dante
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 38 Posts

some skepticism about Alfa Romeo is shareable...too many years in the hands of FIAT group with too many products not at the height of the history of the brand...not to say crappy cars .
VW-Audi did a huge pressing to buy Alfa Romeo in the past, finally FCA decided to invest in this historic and iconic name...and Giulia is the first car of the relaunch, QR is a sort of flagship model...to assess the engineering which this group (with Ferrari and Maserati) doesn't certainly lack.
Maybe this car will not confirm these performance once tested by press...but I guess this time Alfa will not lose this bet, it's too much important.
Many of us remember which kind of cars were (standard) Ferraris up to early nineties...348 and testarossa were really bad cars for instance, after that Ferrari changed completely course from 355 and 550 Maranello till the most recent cars which are at highest level of industry, maybe Alfa will repeat this story...but it will take time to fill the gap with german manufacturers.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

So with this time the Alfa would be a front runner among the M235i's race cars in the VLN... on road tyres, road biased chassis and about 1700kg.... Quite impressive. And breaking several laws of nature.

Quick Reply: OT: Giulia Quadrifoglio 7:32 at Ring