Notices

GT350

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
Please find 3-4 buyers for those cars so those poor saps can sell the LS's they've had on Autotrader for 2+ years. I wouldn't have much of a problem selling my GT350 if that was my decision.
So now Boss LS owners are “saps”? Lol.

Im sure you can sell your GT350 for less than you paid and advertise with the 300 to 350 already sitting for sale. I would sell now before GT350 values really tank when the new GT500 with its 5.2 Aluminator CPC which revs to 8100 rpm arrives putting down 700+ hp.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:17 PM
JustinZ06
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a hardcore lurker on this forum mainly because of the GT3 and GT2RS models.

I just have to interject about the Boss vs GT350 debate. As a former owner of a '13 Boss 302, the car was great and did mostly everything I asked of it. The resale value is still great as well. However, its no GT350. Not really close either. That's just progression of technology. I'm sure most people feel the same about the 997 GT3 vs 991 GT3, The older car is more raw and provides more moments of nostalgia, and may even be more reliable because its more sorted, however objectively the cars aren't close.

I'll go back to lurking now. See yall in 2031. lol
Old 01-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

So now Boss LS owners are “saps”? Lol.

Im sure you can sell your GT350 for less than you paid and advertise with the 300 to 350 already sitting for sale. I would sell now before GT350 values really tank when the new GT500 with its 5.2 Aluminator CPC which revs to 8100 rpm arrives putting down 700+ hp.

Call 'em whatever you want but if I had a car for sale ad online for over 2 years with the expectation that someone will just miraculously pop up and buy my car for close to what I'm asking? Well I'd call myself an idiot and not just a sap lol.

You'd be hard pressed to get $35K for an LS in any condition so telling me to sell mine before the GT500 is available? Your ship has sailed long ago pal....
Old 01-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Anyway back to regular programming... the Boss 302 is cool (I liked mine!) and all but an even more excellent pair would be to pair up a GT350 with a P-car. Period.

Amen.
[/QUOTE]

Bossing: Cool pair.

Paired my LS with two P cars. American Pony car and P cars make for a fun mix

Old 01-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Call 'em whatever you want but if I had a car for sale ad online for over 2 years with the expectation that someone will just miraculously pop up and buy my car for close to what I'm asking? Well I'd call myself an idiot and not just a sap lol.

You'd be hard pressed to get $35K for an LS in any condition so telling me to sell mine before the GT500 is available? Your ship has sailed long ago pal....
Lets see who has the last laugh. Lol
Old 01-12-2018, 08:44 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

I do recall the fpc 350 engine having issues and not used for their imsa car. I was discussing this with someone can you provide me a link? The coyote engine is what they use. Regardless that is one of the highest reving large displacement engines. Not including Ferrari's v12's.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:37 PM
Geza
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

http://www.fordnxt.com/features/car-...gt4-road-racer

Not a Coyote at all. In a nutshell, it's a Voodoo engine with the FP crank replaced with a CPC. Voodoo deck plate honed block, Voodoo CNC ported heads and valve train with hollow stem intake and sodium filled exhaust valves (custom cams to accommodate different firing order of the CPC), Voodoo forged pistons and forged steel rods, upgraded version of the Voodoo high pressure oil pump (available in Ford Performance catalog), custom dry sump, along with a Coyote intake manifold with restrictor plate. The CPC 5.2, though not as powerful as the FPC 5.2, is way more powerful than allowed by the sanctioning body, hence the Coyote manifold and restrictor plate used to detune it. Not sure where the crank comes from, but I understand they had to do some additional machining to the Voodoo block, most likely to accommodate the larger counterweights of the CPC. But, that would be speculation on my part. The Voodoo 5.2 is more than a crankshaft, it is entire engine systems, components of which are assembled to build the latest 5.2 CPC Aluminator crate engine.

Some additional good info and pictures here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...&highlight=gt4
Old 01-12-2018, 11:22 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Geza
http://www.fordnxt.com/features/car-...gt4-road-racer

Not a Coyote at all. In a nutshell, it's a Voodoo engine with the FP crank replaced with a CPC. Voodoo deck plate honed block, Voodoo CNC ported heads and valve train with hollow stem intake and sodium filled exhaust valves (custom cams to accommodate different firing order of the CPC), Voodoo forged pistons and forged steel rods, upgraded version of the Voodoo high pressure oil pump (available in Ford Performance catalog), custom dry sump, along with a Coyote intake manifold with restrictor plate. The CPC 5.2, though not as powerful as the FPC 5.2, is way more powerful than allowed by the sanctioning body, hence the Coyote manifold and restrictor plate used to detune it. Not sure where the crank comes from, but I understand they had to do some additional machining to the Voodoo block, most likely to accommodate the larger counterweights of the CPC. But, that would be speculation on my part. The Voodoo 5.2 is more than a crankshaft, it is entire engine systems, components of which are assembled to build the latest 5.2 CPC Aluminator crate engine.

Some additional good info and pictures here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...&highlight=gt4
The fpc and fpc specific components is what makes a Voodoo a Voodoo. Not the block or heads. The 5.2 the heads and 5.2 pistons are generic parts for the 5.2 which can be purchased and used on the Boss 5.0. Does that make the Boss a Voodoo Boss?

The new 5.2 block, pistons and heads together and with cpc internals is in essence a 5.2 Coyote which revs to 8100. I was with Dean at Daytona last year and he was the once who referred to it as a “Boss” drive train. Take it up with him. Much closer to a 5.0 Coyote drive train than a Voodoo drive train that’s for sure.

The new GT 500 is slated to come with this engine with induction.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by PiB993
I do recall the fpc 350 engine having issues and not used for their imsa car. I was discussing this with someone can you provide me a link? The coyote engine is what they use. Regardless that is one of the highest reving large displacement engines. Not including Ferrari's v12's.
My info too.

No one to my knowledge is racing a Voodoo in SCCA or NASA either. Draw your own conclusions.

Fords “official” line is that they are reserving the “special “ Voodoo fpc for customer GT350s.

I like the GT350 and it’s a great street and DE performer and appears to be a great engine for that use. I would have loved to see it succeed as a great race engine in a competition setting and win multiple championships. I would have been much more interested in picking up an R.
The new Aluminator 5.2 cpc will be reving to 8100 rpms with over 700 hp and will be a track animal.

Last edited by Waxer; 01-14-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:40 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Ouch! Lol.

Actually while it may seem counter intuitive buying one of those 6 year old LSs with low mileage is the better move than picking a Voodoo GT among the sea still for sale at near the same price..write it down and let’s see who has the last laugh in a few years Fact... GT350 prices coming down steadily. Many owners selling after short time it seems. Ford won’t race it on Sunday because it’s shaken itself to death by Monday.

At least sporadic MT82 issues solved pretty easily with MGW and bushings.

So so far it’s the GT350 garnering the class action claim. The retort here is that it’s just the tech pack? Lol. Still waiting for the link to the Boss class action.

Cheers.

Lies! I had MGW installed in my LS at their shop in Georgia - yes it's an awesome short throw shifter agree but the problem was it was connected to the the MT-82. The end solution for the die hard Boss 302 owners was to rip out the MT-82 entirely and replace with a Tremec (as many did).

Also show me the part in this video where Team Multimatic couldn't keep the 5.2 FPC from breaking....

Old 01-13-2018, 01:16 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

"Actually, what all the verbal tip-toeing is about is Ford obviously wants to promote the Voodoo as seen in the street legal GT350 and GT350R, but given the practicalities of complying with rulebooks and winning races the GT4 engine is a Voodoo with retro-modifications, most notably a more typical 90-degree crankshaft in lieu of the production Voodoo’s celebrated 180-degree piece"

Hmm so CPC because of rulebook.....
Old 01-13-2018, 08:53 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Para82
Lies! I had MGW installed in my LS at their shop in Georgia - yes it's an awesome short throw shifter agree but the problem was it was connected to the the MT-82. The end solution for the die hard Boss 302 owners was to rip out the MT-82 entirely and replace with a Tremec (as many did).

Also show me the part in this video where Team Multimatic couldn't keep the 5.2 FPC from breaking....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDDd0R0-Tfs
Do you have the vids from after the races? Lol.

MT82 in both my Boss’s work/ed fine. All the guys I know who own Boss 302s had no issues and one still daily drives his and tracks it. Have seen and still see many Boss 302 at track events with MT82s. My LS shifts great. While there were issues with the MT82, easily solved in the vast majority of cases with after market bushings for trans and new shifter with bushing for street and DEs. . Ford continued using the MT82 in the S550 GT.

If you are racing the Tremec is the box to have. Agreed.

Last edited by Waxer; 01-13-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:09 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

"Actually, what all the verbal tip-toeing is about is Ford obviously wants to promote the Voodoo as seen in the street legal GT350 and GT350R, but given the practicalities of complying with rulebooks and winning races the GT4 engine is a Voodoo with retro-modifications, most notably a more typical 90-degree crankshaft in lieu of the production Voodoo’s celebrated 180-degree piece"

Hmm so CPC because of rulebook.....
Cite me me the rule then. I’ll wait while you find it and will keep reminding you. I’d love to see it.

No verbal “tip toeing” on my part. Re read my posts.

Practicalities of complying with with the rules and winning races???? Lol. Boy you are desperate. The first practicality is to race on Sunday and not vibrate yourself apart by Monday..

The rules had 0 to do with the fact “they buried them out back” as I was told by those that race in the series.

If you want to believe Ford’s after the fact bs go right ahead. They love “saps” who will buy that bs. I can’t believe there are really people who buy that line. I guess there really are.

Waitng for rule cite.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:57 AM
Geza
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

If you go to the web pages for the 5.2l Aluminator-XS crate engine, they refer to "GT350" parts for the block and head, meaning Voodoo. These parts were all developed for the Voodoo. But, when you click on the links to these parts in the catalog, Ford performance now refers to them as "Coyote 5.2L" parts. I've been following this for quite a while and reference to "Coyote" is definitely something new. Since the Voodoo is GT350 only, and the GT350 is "most likely" ending production in the '18 model year, I suppose the marketing folks changed the branding to Coyote, which would make sense. However, those informed know the Voodoo and its development is the foundation.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...te-engine.html

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A52XS
Old 01-13-2018, 11:45 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Geza
If you go to the web pages for the 5.2l Aluminator-XS crate engine, they refer to "GT350" parts for the block and head, meaning Voodoo. These parts were all developed for the Voodoo. But, when you click on the links to these parts in the catalog, Ford performance now refers to them as "Coyote 5.2L" parts. I've been following this for quite a while and reference to "Coyote" is definitely something new. Since the Voodoo is GT350 only, and the GT350 is "most likely" ending production in the '18 model year, I suppose the marketing folks changed the branding to Coyote, which would make sense. However, those informed know the Voodoo and its development is the foundation.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusia...te-engine.html

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A52XS
yes I would agree that the 5.2 block and heads were developed in conjunction with the Voodoo fpc engine. What I’m saying is that there is no “magic” to the 5.2 block and heads. They were developed for a 5.2 whether fpc or cpc. Makes no difference to the heads or block what crank is inside. It’s now the “Coyote” 5.2 likely because cpc with all related internals for a cpc.

Quick Reply: GT350