Notices

GT350

Old 02-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

We'll see who has the last laugh on this one. In the end I hope you are right since I'm high on the list for one at my dealer at MSRP. However, this GT350 latest and greatest phenomenon and ADM nonsense is not the first time this has happened and won't be the last. The GT350 is by no means a limited production car. Anyone who thinks it will be is deluding themselves. There will be thousands of them in a year. Ebay and Auto Trader are already packed with them now. The R, well more limited yes by not really that limited with a total of 2000 to 2500 expected to be built.

As to the FPC engine sound, it doesn't do much for me. Its Ok. Very raspy and no lope to the engine at idle. I like the rumble and lope of Boss 302 and the classic American CPC V8's. Maybe the FPC sound will grow on me.

When I get an allocation it will be black with matt black stripe especially if an R.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:08 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not fair comparison

Originally Posted by Para82
I just looked at this video and happen to know the red GT3 video'd. It's a great video to put things in perspective for me, so THANK YOU.

Head to head, this video tell tells me that this Ford for all its glory is a wonderful car who can't get a GT3.

The gentleman driving the red GT3 is 74 years old and is a LOT faster than he ran in this segment. Additionally, pulling in to pitt he was not running at 10/10ths.

There's no way the Ford is handling better than the GT3 and the incremental pull on the straights tells me this Ford is a nice car, but not even close to GT3 league.

If you consider all the rhetoric about how much more it costs for incremental speed, this Ford is a great car, but is wonderful for the dreamers thinking about owning a GT3.

Pound for pound, it's not even close. Aside from the exclusivity of getting one of these however one got an allocation, I'd see one and think it's a nice car is all.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Agreed.

And....I easily run with 991 GT3s in my Boss 302 Trans Am/R spec race car (no sweat) and expect I be running away from GT350s too.

The GT350 for all the hype is still close enough to the Boss 302 that the driver makes all the difference. You can throw the 1LE in too.

Who here thinks they can drive a Boss 302 to the limits at 10/10th or even 9/10's at the track? Raise your hand. Not me.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Jooyoung99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the deal done! One caveat is that the dealer requires me to sign the document at the dealership. Flying from OC to Memphis tonight at 1 am to pick up the car. Will drive it to Dallas and have the roadrunner pick it up. There are only 3 cars with Track Package available on Autotrader. Glad to have found this one. My first American Naturally aspirated V8.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
I just looked at this video and happen to know the red GT3 video'd. It's a great video to put things in perspective for me, so THANK YOU.

Head to head, this video tell tells me that this Ford for all its glory is a wonderful car who can't get a GT3.

The gentleman driving the red GT3 is 74 years old and is a LOT faster than he ran in this segment. Additionally, pulling in to pitt he was not running at 10/10ths.

There's no way the Ford is handling better than the GT3 and the incremental pull on the straights tells me this Ford is a nice car, but not even close to GT3 league.

If you consider all the rhetoric about how much more it costs for incremental speed, this Ford is a great car, but is wonderful for the dreamers thinking about owning a GT3.

Pound for pound, it's not even close. Aside from the exclusivity of getting one of these however one got an allocation, I'd see one and think it's a nice car is all.
Who are you speaking to? I could purchase multiple GT3 Porsches if I wanted to - already use a 997S with PCCB as a grocery getter (best damn grocery getter money can buy). Most of the Shelby owners have their own collections as well - there is no dreaming among this group - just a lot of passion for great cars.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:05 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
Got the deal done! One caveat is that the dealer requires me to sign the document at the dealership. Flying from OC to Memphis tonight at 1 am to pick up the car. Will drive it to Dallas and have the roadrunner pick it up. There are only 3 cars with Track Package available on Autotrader. Glad to have found this one. My first American Naturally aspirated V8.
Congrats bud! You couldn't of chosen a better car!
Old 02-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Sweet! Congrats!

Which color did you get?
Old 02-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Scr11
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I found a non-R Track Pack last Sunday. I paid for it Tuesday and received it yesterday. The brakes are incredible, the handling feels great, and the engine sound is incredible. I love my GT3 and Z06, but this GT350 is a winner too. For those that care, the best deal I could negotiate was $10k over...
Old 02-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by Scr11
I found a non-R Track Pack last Sunday. I paid for it Tuesday and received it yesterday. The brakes are incredible, the handling feels great, and the engine sound is incredible. I love my GT3 and Z06, but this GT350 is a winner too. For those that care, the best deal I could negotiate was $10k over...
Congrats Scr! Dealers are paying the same price right now - definitely market value.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:07 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats
Old 02-13-2016, 12:08 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Scr11
Congrats and welcome to the gt350 "club"
Old 02-13-2016, 01:02 AM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Waxer interesting info. I agree that for those that can be patient, there will be cars to be had down the road.

I've always liked the Boss 302. I saw one running at our little track up here in MT and it was definitely holding its own.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:51 AM
Phil~
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Jay Leno bought a GT 350R and he does not own a GT3. I am guessing he is a dreamer as well?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:44 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Clarification

Originally Posted by Para82
Who are you speaking to? I could purchase multiple GT3 Porsches if I wanted to - already use a 997S with PCCB as a grocery getter (best damn grocery getter money can buy). Most of the Shelby owners have their own collections as well - there is no dreaming among this group - just a lot of passion for great cars.
You're right and apologies, coupled w/ clarification is needed.

I'm the last person that should have come across so one dimensional and didn't mean it to come out as it did. I'm sorry to the group.

"IF" a person were only able to get ONE choice (i.e., garage space?) and the only parameters were the BEST car of the two, irrespective of money I don't see the 350 in the stable.

In retrospect, i got a bit "hot" by the video unfairly depicting my all time favorite car as slow, coupled w/ a dear friend of mine who I know is lighting fast and the video as being simply self serving without the hard data to support it. Ironically, I've been known to throw in a vid (can we say GT3 vs Z06) myself :thumbs:

... and yes, I do believe Leno is a dreamer. It's why he's so successful.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:05 AM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I understand where you are coming from. One thing you have to consider is that some people will not consider the GT3 worth 100k more than the GT3 for having fun at the track. Different strokes I guess.

That said...if you have never driven the GT350, then you will probably change your perspective and appreciate the car more than you think.

Also, the driver in the GT350 is better than the GT3 driver. The GT350 is hitting the lines much better than the GT3 and why it appears to be closer in performance in the video.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT350