Notices

GT350

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
Can I just tell you how much better the GT350 is over the Boss 302? Leaps and bounds better let me tell ya.
You guys apparently have a reading and comprehension problem.

Your “leap and bounds” is a couple seconds or so on most tracks and that’s with a 60 hp advantage and huge tire advantage and IRS and bigger brakes. That’s not leaps and bounds in my book especially with the “mulligans” aforementioned which are easily remedied. .

MT82 cheap remedies available. Not a big issue for DE car.

I dont recall any class action lawsuits over the Boss. GT350 yup. Oh wait, trans related? Yup.

Boss LS owners tend to be long term. GT350 owners not so much it seems.

If you guys think the Voodoo is the better drive train go for it. Lol. Even Ford bailed on it for WEC/Continental Challenge and went back to a Coyote Aluminator CPC drivetrain for the Mustang GT4.

Oh, the new GT500 won’t be Voodoo either. Good ol’ CPC V8 5.2. The GT350 will be yesterday’s news superseded by the next best S550.

The Boss was the best of the S197, ground breaking in many respects, limited production LS, epic performer for its time and still acquits itself great at the track, won multiple championships and has real Boss heritage and dna.

i agree with the post above. If you want a street car for track work and show &shine a ‘16 Z06 will take the Shelby’s lunch without breaking a sweat.

If you want a car primarily for track work my suggestion is above. Do track events long enough it’s only a matter of time before you get intimate with a tire wall or worse.

Try selling a GT350 with track damage and a car fax. Lol. Good luck with that!

Old 01-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

MT82 cheap remedies available. Not a big issue for DE car.

Dude are you seriously comparing the MT82 to the Tremec in the GT350? The MT82 was the biggest pile of junk - it's so bad that it nearly RUINED my entire Boss 302 LS experience during the 23,000 miles of use. It was constantly breaking on the track (mine and everyone else I know were on there 3rd or 4th rebuild). And remedies available???? on what planet! I waited nearly 3 MONTHS after one mild track session for parts - total garbage. No comparison, my GT350 Tremec was BULLETPROOF entire 19,000 miles of ownership.

Oh and forgot to add when it WAS working - it COULDN'T even shift into a gear at high rpm!!! "Lockout" oh yah normal.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

3160 FTW...
Old 01-11-2018, 07:59 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
Dude are you seriously comparing the MT82 to the Tremec in the GT350? The MT82 was the biggest pile of junk - it's so bad that it nearly RUINED my entire Boss 302 LS experience during the 23,000 miles of use. It was constantly breaking on the track (mine and everyone else I know were on there 3rd or 4th rebuild). And remedies available???? on what planet! I waited nearly 3 MONTHS after one mild track session for parts - total garbage. No comparison, my GT350 Tremec was BULLETPROOF entire 19,000 miles of ownership.

Oh and forgot to add when it WAS working - it COULDN'T even shift into a gear at high rpm!!! "Lockout" oh yah normal.
I had Boss and GT350. Sold GT350 for other reasons (wanted a Raptor and only so much garage space) and kept Boss. Will agree compared to GT350 Boss transmission is a lump.

Waxer I love your input to the board but I think you are kinda close minded with your LS versus GT350 stuff. To each his own.

I liken it to my 997 GT3 RS versus my old 991 GT3. Still have 997 RS but sold 991 3.

All of these are great cars for their era and each has different appeal to us enthusiasts and owners. Not always easy to decide which ones to keep and which to get rid of. If I had room I would keep em all

YMMV

Tal
Old 01-11-2018, 08:27 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Para82

Didn’t say MT82 was a great box. Slow down and read carefully. For DE/occasional track days it’s a decent box with some minor mods. Mine was fine and worked well in my CO 2012. with MGW mods and bushings. Sounds like yours was really bad but I guess you toughef it out for 23000 miles of misery. Lol. I don’t recall any complaints from you in your posts back then. Guess I missed those. Many Bosses at tracks I’ve been to in past 5 years had no issues with the after market mods which many did.

My LS shifts great. 0 issues.

Tremec is the better box and is used in the S and R. It’s in my Boss T1. Better race box for sure.

GT350 apparently has its own box issues with over heating etc..Big enough problem to warrant a class action. Don’t recall any class action suits involving the Boss. Did I miss that?

Cheers
Old 01-11-2018, 08:48 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Old 01-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Para: is that your post above? Think so.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Burren
Give it a rest, man. We get it, your opinion is that the Boss is better. Move on.
+1million
Old 01-11-2018, 09:27 PM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Didn’t say MT82 was a great box. Slow down and read carefully. For DE/occasional track days it’s a decent box with some minor mods. Mine was fine and worked well in my CO 2012. with MGW mods and bushings.
My LS shifts great. 0 issues.
Do you even drive your "collectors car" on track? They shift fine with the mods, not stock, right up to the point the MT-82 trans or the clutch grenade and ruin your day. It's happened hundreds if not thousands of times but of course you're well aware of this.

GT350 apparently has its own box issues with over heating etc..Big enough problem to warrant a class action. Don’t recall any class action suits involving the Boss. Did I miss that?
You know that's not true on a GT350 track pack or GT350R. That's how Ford set it up the tech pack cars and not an issue with the trans or clutch. They fixed that in 2017 as you well know. You also know there was a class action lawsuit on the MT-82.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CarreraFahrer
Do you even drive your "collectors car" on track? They shift fine with the mods, not stock, right up to the point the MT-82 trans or the clutch grenade and ruin your day. It's happened hundreds if not thousands of times but of course you're well aware of this.

You know that's not true on a GT350 track pack or GT350R. That's how Ford set it up the tech pack cars and not an issue with the trans or clutch. They fixed that in 2017 as you well know. You also know there was a class action lawsuit on the MT-82.
MT82 grenading hundreds if not thousands of times? Whoa! Lol. Missed that stat too. Where is the link to that nifty little exaggeration.

Where is the Ilnk to the MT82 class action suit? I can’t find it. With thousands of MT82 s exploding I need to know. Could be a safety issue. I never got my class action notice for either of my Bosses. Damn.

Fact is the % of MTs with issues was small in comparison to the number built. Both mine worked great.

Nah, I don’t track my LS. It’s too nice. I’ve got my Boss T1 which gets slowed down waiting for point bys from all those weekend GT350s.

I know now this is a fan boy thread but let’s stay with the facts at least a little instead of mostly make believe.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Randy M
Drifting

There's a few black LS's on Autotrader at $48K+. Ads have been online for two years. Suggest if anyone wants one to get 'em now before they're gone. Maybe they haven't moved because their transmissions are crrrrrrappppp...
Old 01-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Randy M
There's a few black LS's on Autotrader at $48K+. Ads have been online for two years. Suggest if anyone wants one to get 'em now before they're gone. Maybe they haven't moved because their transmissions are crrrrrrappppp...
Ouch! Lol.

Actually while it may seem counter intuitive buying one of those 6 year old LSs with low mileage is the better move than picking a Voodoo GT among the sea still for sale at near the same price..write it down and let’s see who has the last laugh in a few years Fact... GT350 prices coming down steadily. Many owners selling after short time it seems. Ford not racing the fpc to my knowledge.

At least sporadic MT82 issues solved pretty easily with MGW and bushings.

So so far it’s the GT350 garnering the class action claim. The retort here is that it’s just the tech pack? Lol. Still waiting for the link to the Boss class action.

Cheers.

Last edited by Waxer; 01-14-2018 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Yes it's just the MY2015-MY2016 base & tech pack versions... due to lack of trans & diff coolers (which Ford made standard across the board for MY2017-MY2018). This isn't new revelation.... so don't take it out of context and mislead readers.

Anyway back to regular programming... the Boss 302 is cool (I liked mine!) and all but an even more excellent pair would be to pair up a GT350 with a P-car. Period.

Amen.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Ouch! Lol.

Actually while it may seem counter intuitive buying one of those 6 year old LSs with low mileage is the better move than picking a Voodoo GT among the sea still for sale at near the same price..write it down and let’s see who has the last laugh in a few years Fact... GT350 prices coming down steadily. Many owners selling after short time it seems. Ford won’t race it on Sunday because it’s shaken itself to death by Monday.

At least sporadic MT82 issues solved pretty easily with MGW and bushings.

Please find 3-4 buyers for those cars so those poor saps can sell the LS's they've had on Autotrader for 2+ years. I wouldn't have much of a problem selling my GT350 if that was my decision.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bossing
Yes it's just the MY2015-MY2016 base & tech pack versions... due to lack of trans & diff coolers (which Ford made standard across the board for MY2017-MY2018). This isn't new revelation.... so don't take it out of context and mislead readers.

Anyway back to regular programming... the Boss 302 is cool (I liked mine!) and all but an even more excellent pair would be to pair up a GT350 with a P-car. Period.

Amen.
Yes. The Boss is a cool car. So is the GT350. Just putting facts on the table. Tech Pak is a GT350. There was a class action. Misleading is saying there was a class action when there wasn’t ...kinda like saying there was a class action over the MT82 when there wasn’t.

Quick Reply: GT350