Notices

Got ripped off by Rover Classic used car dealer in Staten Island, NY

Old 10-26-2015, 01:29 AM
Fogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mc_renn
... I then asked him to send me an invoice and he replied, very rudely, saying he won't send an invoice unless I send him a $500 deposit. ...
I just came across this thread.

I think I would have responded something like, "Excuse me, I must have have misunderstood you. Did you say you want me to send you money before you send me a bill? I don't understand, what's my motivation here?"
Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 AM
treetrimmer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default He got me too...

I wish I'd seen this thread before sending a $500 deposit to the same place. The person I dealt with was named Alex Khud, (at least that's what he claims), and is doing business on eBay under the seller name exotony. His Paypal ID is Ave. T.

I immediately had a bad feeling about the transaction after sending the deposit, it was for a VW Jetta tdi on eBay and he directed me off of eBay onto his own site to make the deposit. I googled the business name and found this thread, among others like it, and tried to reverse the transaction through PayPal but it was too late and they would not help me.

That's another long story and I'm almost more angry w Paypal than the thief, there will always be scumbags and scammers like these guys but I thought that PP had more protections built in than they do.

I'm going after him through eBay and any other way I can. If necessary, I'll sue him in small claims court and make him pay my travel and other expenses. If it costs me more to get my $$ back than it's worth, I don't care. I can't let this schit stain win. I've given away 10 times that amount to friends in need and spent God knows how much on cars and bikes so it's not the $$ but the absolute refusal to let this guy work his deposit scam on me.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:25 AM
treetrimmer
Advanced

Originally Posted by Para82
I would be on the first flight to New York but that's just me. Disgusting practice, hope you get it resolved.
And do what, exactly? I know what he deserves but I'm not going to do something illegal and wind up in jail while he's spending my $$. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:34 AM
mc_renn
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that sucks. Any luck on getting your money back? Also, please go to yelp and leave a review. He is flooding it with bogus 5 star reviews. He now has an F rating on the BBB - I can't believe he is still in business!
Old 06-23-2017, 06:52 AM
Irhmsd
Intermediate

I am happy I saw this thread. I was about to go look at a P38 2001 rover he had listed. Now I will forgo the trip though only 25 miles from me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got ripped off by Rover Classic used car dealer in Staten Island, NY