Notices

Bought a Ford Focus ST- here's my write up for ST forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 PM
dennis hiip
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a Ford Focus ST- here's my write up for ST forum

First impressions. Picked up yesterday. I really like this car. Love it-not yet. For me I love the ride. I was afraid it might be too stiff. But no way, I think it's perfect. Steering feels a little too tight and responsive for freeway driving. Probably takes a little getting used to it. Around town it's tops. It handles and corners excellent(I'm coming from a Porsche 911). I like the brakes. Speed and power= as much as I'll ever need or want. Shifts great. I was concerned about the S1 seats, but I find them comfortable and supportive. I can even live with the grey inserts. I wanted all black. Some road noise, but not bad. Maybe different tires will reduce the noise. I'm disappointed that there's not a digital speedometer read out. More electronics than I expected. I see all this crap as unnecessary complications that can go wrong. Probably same as all new cars however. I got oxford white. I could have had red. Dealer had two to choose from. Now I'm thinking I'd like the red better. Oh ****, I'm never satisfied. I definitely miss a satellite radio. I'm going to buy an add on. I hope it it integrates into the dash OK. At the risk of sounding snobbish, I miss the "German feel". What ever that is. BTW, I also have a Mercedes. Quality fit and finish. Great car and I'm glad I bought it. Perfect for what I need.

2.0L turbo,252hp,270 ft lbs. torque, 6 speed manual.0-60=6.0 sec

Last edited by dennis hiip; 04-09-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:36 PM
mrtoro
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

They are great cars! A friend of mine transitioned from a 500whp Audi s4 to a focus st rather easily. I drove it a few weeks back. It's great. Precise shifter, compliant suspension and tons of torque for its size. My gripes were hard to modulate brakes and as always torque steer. It would be great to have an awd version. Enjoy it and they are really a great package.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:59 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great car, the Fiesta ST is excellent as well. Those two would be at the top of my hot hatch shopping list.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:55 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FOrd is finally bringing the good stuff to the State. Long over due.

Quick Reply: Bought a Ford Focus ST- here's my write up for ST forum