Notices

New Mustang: ZZZZzzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 07:56 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw the Mustang at my local auto show. I like the exterior. The lines are good.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:38 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I stopped by the Porsche dealer here a couple of days ago and looked at the cars there . Just as before I almost bought one, I really like the looks of the Caymans.

I came here to RL and to Planet 9 and read some about the GTS coming . Wow it has a whopping 15 hp more . Just Wow . And it has a new nose . And still down on torque too . This isn't even a disguise from Porsche to attempt to milk its customers in the name of it must be worth it or they wouldn't buy it .

I read the thread here on the new Corvettes . That is a heck of an effort to bring that much car to us for that price . I just don't happen to like Vettes , But I am sure going to drive one of those too .

To me the amount of effort Ford has put in is so far ahead of Porsche that it speaks volumes . Can I afford a Cayman , Yes . But I just refuse to .

You can call Ford and get a full race motor shipped today . They have parts and they make an effort . Ford is supporting racing right here by just guys that want to go out and race . Porsche isn't doing a thing . Well they have some track days with a lot of yadayada that I don't care a lot for . And some other team cars here and there . The most driving fun I had in a long time was out with my buds and I ran his dirt car for a while . Darn big fun .

A lot of the Ford guys are not as sophisticated as some of the P guys . But they are energetic . And if you want to roll laughing go seek out my old post on my attending the dealer party for the Cayman. It was completely gay and not in a good way . As a matter of fact the dealer saw it too and has redone some things there which brought me back there.

I went and looked at a Ford Racing supercharger for my Boss . It is 7500$ and I would have 625 hp on tap. Probably need a clutch one day LOL and even a gearbox later too . Compare to that to a Cayman . Aint no comparison .

After my run in the SRT Vipers back a couple of months ago , that I posted here , I am convinced you could run most of the track in just third gear alone . When the track opens up or the straight comes it will blast by too . And for $90,000 it is a heck of a hand built car. You can guarantee which car will be parked at the front of the restaurant too LOL.

I like what Ford is doing . Dodge and Chevy too for that matter . And that is why I most likely will continue to buy those . For now .
Old 02-25-2014, 10:26 AM
kosmo
Race Director

theres no doubt that Ford and CHevy are making a comeback. I especially like the focus on tracking/mods/etc
Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Im digging the mustang more and more. 420hp NA V8 w/ a stick, for mid $30s sounds interesting. I hope it drives well. Heres the 50th anniversary ed:
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2014, 12:44 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Apparently they put one in the Empire State building like they did in 1964, and they are making 1964 50th year special editions in white or blue .

I was going to try to make a part of the cross country Mustang rally, but I just didn't . My Boss turns a year old next month but I still don't have 300 miles on it yet . And I say I need a Porsche lol lol .

http://money.msn.com/business-news/a...16&id=17528885
Old 04-17-2014, 01:23 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

50 years ago today to be exact.

I remember the Ford dealer had drapes up and then . . . there they were . Of course I didn't care that much then . I wanted motorcycles . But in no time at all there were Mustangs all around at every light .

I did go out and sit in my Boss to commemorate . It is amazing how it still has some of the feel of my 1970 Mach 1 . Only light years ahead and better .
Old 04-26-2014, 01:11 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

forgive me Kirk,

just gazing at this pile of horse manure.

get a Vette.

hey, after renting one here in Florida....

^

^

^

^

^

my after driving a brand new yellow Stingray (with 180 original miles on it at pickup) for a few days here from Orlando to Daytona, and down the Space Coast to Ft. Lauderdale, I'm happy to report; I loved it.

but I think i'll like my v8 968 slightly more (w/ 40~50 extra ponies, and after the suspension is sorted, despite all the cool gadgetry and spectacular overall layout of the Vette).

this thing rides big.... well, it is big. the front is just sooo damn wide. I can hardly see over the fenders... I like the view of the road from the cockpit of my 968 a lot better. imo, the Vette is more a compact musclecar than a sports car. sure feels like it.

mid-range power is very good, and the top end is great. still, I think the Camaro should feel about like this.... and the post-modern Vette weigh in a couple/few hundred pounds less. then this car would be it. the rear visibility is horrid, but it's a minor inconvenience when weighed against everything else.

i realize with all the modern safety features, it takes a lot of $$$$ to build a light supercar. still, it makes for a pretty spectacular daily driver. for me, it's about the biggest and heaviest thing I ever want to drive; a muscle car that handles like a supercar. yes, I want one.

my 0.02 on the new Vette.

od.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:41 AM
Seeeu911
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought this Mustang GT for my son as a HS graduation present. Between us both we put 130k hard fun miles on Big Blue. ZERO problems. 1 battery 4 sets of tires and a crap load of smokey power slides burnouts drifting..lots of fun. After losing the engine on my 996 for a water pump issue@&$)(;:/- it was refreshing to do high speed commute miles with no imminent failure paranoia. But I am also now very very happy to be back in the family with my C4S.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Seeeu911; 04-26-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:39 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by odurandina
forgive me Kirk,

just gazing at this pile of horse manure.

get a Vette.

hey, after renting one here in Florida....

^

^

^

^

^

my after driving a brand new yellow Stingray (with 180 original miles on it at pickup) for a few days here from Orlando to Daytona, and down the Space Coast to Ft. Lauderdale, I'm happy to report; I loved it.

but I think i'll like my v8 968 slightly more (w/ 40~50 extra ponies, and after the suspension is sorted, despite all the cool gadgetry and spectacular overall layout of the Vette).

this thing rides big.... well, it is big. the front is just sooo damn wide. I can hardly see over the fenders... I like the view of the road from the cockpit of my 968 a lot better. imo, the Vette is more a compact musclecar than a sports car. sure feels like it.

mid-range power is very good, and the top end is great. still, I think the Camaro should feel about like this.... and the post-modern Vette weigh in a couple/few hundred pounds less. then this car would be it. the rear visibility is horrid, but it's a minor inconvenience when weighed against everything else.

i realize with all the modern safety features, it takes a lot of $$$$ to build a light supercar. still, it makes for a pretty spectacular daily driver. for me, it's about the biggest and heaviest thing I ever want to drive; a muscle car that handles like a supercar. yes, I want one.

my 0.02 on the new Vette.

od.

And it may happen Mio . I like the looks of the new Vette . But I have never really have been a "Vette" guy .

And it is likely that I will have a 1970 or 1971 again to go with the Boss . Like this , or a '70 that I had before .

And it I want a 2 seater then this can fill the bill

Power - yes. Weight - no . Comfort - well some . Air conditioning - . But it is tough if it rains .

Or I could sell all of that and just get one new Cayman GTS .

That is what you would do - right ???
Old 04-28-2014, 12:20 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

yes... if i could have 6 cars....

1. Ferrari 360 w/ Chevy short stroke LS7/& 996TT box [blasphemy but it will run for 3~400 k miles],
*open 180 degree/F-car pipes [388 c.i. w/ 3.622 LS1 stroke is the perfect small block].

2. SLC supercar [kit] w/ same engine/gearbox/exhaust combo as above.

3. '14 Vette.... add headers and dump the cats.

4. Cayman S, GTS [you can find an S with a bad engine and install a big replacement motor].

5. proper v8 968 w/500 hp/[190 mph @ 5880 rpm]... a bigger Cobra w/ the added safety of abs, torque tube, airbags, etc... almost done.

6. Gen 1 997 w/manual.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:22 PM
kosmo
Race Director

IM DIGGING THE NEW STANG. GOD I HOPE IT DRIVES WELL.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:33 PM
pinski
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
Im digging the mustang more and more. 420hp NA V8 w/ a stick, for mid $30s sounds interesting. I hope it drives well. Heres the 50th anniversary ed:
Low $30's!

Pricing information (BASE PRICING, Manual Transmission)

Mustang V6 Fastback (050A) - $24,425

Mustang V6 Fastback (051A) - $25,420

Mustang ECOBOOST Fastback (100A) - $25,995

Mustang ECOBOOST Fastback (200A): $29,995

Mustang ECOBOOST Fastback (201A): $31,790

MUSTANG GT Fastback (300A) - $32,925

MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback (400A) - $36,100

MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback (401A) - $38,720

MUSTANG GT 50YR Anniversary (500A) - $46,995

GT Fastback Premium options pricing:

Floor Mats - $85 retail

GT Performance PKG - $2,495 retail

Navigation - $795 retail

Recaros Leather - $1595 retail

Enhanced Security Package - $395

Dest and delivery - $825
2015 Ford Mustang Pricing - Jalopnik

Very interesting that the Ecoboost model is only roughly $1500 more than the V6.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

There are rumors that the new Mustang is going to gain 200-300 lbs.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:41 AM
kosmo
Race Director

i think some weight gain is to be expected given the IRS.

Quick Reply: New Mustang: ZZZZzzzzzz