Notices

2013 Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter82
690HP , wow that's got to be one of the highest HP's I've heard of from that generation GT500 !

Was that the 500HP engine stock ?

Yes, same one. All I did was switch out the supercharger for the Ford Racing TVS 2.3 - much more efficient...that and a dyno tune and 650-725 hp is very easy, engine is built for it. Cost a whopping 2,000 dollars for the blower upgrade. Talk about bang for buck huh.

The TVS 2.3 is now standard on the 2013 Shelby.

BTW I sealed the deal on that Boss 302 yesterday. Laguna Seca in black. Dealership is nice enough to hold it for a month on the showroom floor until I get back (currently working overseas). Can't wait.

You should check out www.SVTperformance.com a lot of really cool Boss 302's and Shelby's on there. Someone there just raced his Boss against some real nice vintage Porsche 911's - here is the video...
Old 09-16-2012, 02:09 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great !

You'll really enjoy the Mustang !
Old 02-12-2013, 07:37 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Now I am a P car guy.I have a 996 GT3 cup.But here is me in my 302LS at Watkins Glen .It is an awesome car!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice! Love WGI!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

TexasRider just got a GGRREEEEEENNNNNN one
Old 06-29-2013, 01:19 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

What do you think - could it use some more GRREEEEEN on it ? Only Danica could love this LOL LOL.

It has a bit more booty on it than a Cayman , but it has some OOOMPH in the front too. And room for girls to make an ice cream run in it . Or pork chops , or dog food !!

Does this spoiler make my butt look big ?

Last edited by TexasRider; 06-29-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

2:12 with a bit of traffic. Right? Pretty nice.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Para82
Race Car

Looking good Texas Rider, how do you like it?

Roketman - very nice! enjoyed watching that clip on WG.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:47 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Looks like you have really good choices in your garage.

While the Boss it isnt a Porsche, it has a lot going for it.

The first is this is a FUN car. For what I use a car for. I use a truck everyday so the car is just a sometime and go with my buddies ride. I will just say again it is FUN.

The other part is I wanted a back seat for girls to go to get ice cream or whatever. And I like the power of the BOSS -- and all of that torque. I am not so sure how long these V8s are going to be with us was another reason I snagged it. I remember the bad old years. It makes some good sounds out of there too !

I also wanted less "stuff" on my car. It worked there too. Add all of that to the dealer making me a great deal on the price, I had to go for it. The dealer is very close to me and they treat us very well there as for service etc - and I know a lot of the guys there.

And it is a full circle for me as I had a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 in the 1970s.

I would like a Cayman S but a lot of the above didnt work.

One thing I like about the Boss already is ricers in Hondas etc dont want to race it every red light. In the Porsche every red light brings 4 or 5 of them. Trucks , Volkswagens, you name it . Every one of them has to try to get their licks in against a Porsche. Not that I run them ever, it is just irritating .

In the Boss , on the way home from the dealer with it new, one pulled right up and said " You want to run it ..? I smiled and said " Nah .. it is brand new." He said " How much you got ?" I said " About 700 Hp .. ( I lied) " They smiled, nodded, and drove away slow. Good kids. LOL LOL. Even the police just smiled and nodded. Good so far.

And not that I would do it, and not now certainly, but for the$10- $15,000 I would pay over for a Cayman S vs the Cayman (plus warranties etc ) if you wanted you could make this Boss a warhorse with a Tremec , a Mc clutch, and a Griggs suspension, or even a supercharger. It would go up to the limit with that and some sticky tires on it.

But as I said, it is just fun . That is why it is here.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:55 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

I really like the new Cayman, but I think when I get some more garage space I am going to be scratching for a air cooled 911 from the 1980s . More like a RS - with less stuff the better. And in my new F350 Super Duty get all the STUFF.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by TexasRider
Looks like you have really good choices in your garage.

While the Boss it isnt a Porsche, it has a lot going for it.

The first is this is a FUN car. For what I use a car for. I use a truck everyday so the car is just a sometime and go with my buddies ride. I will just say again it is FUN.

The other part is I wanted a back seat for girls to go to get ice cream or whatever. And I like the power of the BOSS -- and all of that torque. I am not so sure how long these V8s are going to be with us was another reason I snagged it. I remember the bad old years. It makes some good sounds out of there too !

I also wanted less "stuff" on my car. It worked there too. Add all of that to the dealer making me a great deal on the price, I had to go for it. The dealer is very close to me and they treat us very well there as for service etc - and I know a lot of the guys there.

And it is a full circle for me as I had a 1970 Mustang Mach 1 in the 1970s.

I would like a Cayman S but a lot of the above didnt work.

One thing I like about the Boss already is ricers in Hondas etc dont want to race it every red light. In the Porsche every red light brings 4 or 5 of them. Trucks , Volkswagens, you name it . Every one of them has to try to get their licks in against a Porsche. Not that I run them ever, it is just irritating .

In the Boss , on the way home from the dealer with it new, one pulled right up and said " You want to run it ..? I smiled and said " Nah .. it is brand new." He said " How much you got ?" I said " About 700 Hp .. ( I lied) " They smiled, nodded, and drove away slow. Good kids. LOL LOL. Even the police just smiled and nodded. Good so far.

And not that I would do it, and not now certainly, but for the$10- $15,000 I would pay over for a Cayman S vs the Cayman (plus warranties etc ) if you wanted you could make this Boss a warhorse with a Tremec , a Mc clutch, and a Griggs suspension, or even a supercharger. It would go up to the limit with that and some sticky tires on it.

But as I said, it is just fun . That is why it is here.

Thanks.
Very nice. I love the BOSS and along with it the pedigree and heritage it brings and just a 2 year run - this is one to hold on too. Make sure to get the Red Key if you haven't yet.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:52 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Thanks . I do have the Red Key installed .

Essentially I am going to have the Boss Laguna Seca package but in Got To Have It Green and with back seats in it. The LS spliiters, scoops, wheels, springs, etc are going on to my GHIG Boss.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

^What does the red key do? I have seen the key but not sure what it does...
Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

It sets the parameters, according to Ford up to 300 of them, to a race state of tune that Ford Racing developed. The car recognizes the Red Key and switches to the higher tune mode .

In the little bit I ran mine with the red key in it , I saw quickly that it is a track setting, and not for highway or parking lots . It is sensitive and it wants to go with the pedal down more. I expected that -- but I had to try it out a little bit .
Old 07-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Thank you...So the throttle sensitivity goes up, and probably engine responses faster to throttle input, but the peak power/tq remains the same?

I must say that I really like the looks of the current generation Mustang specially the Boss. I have an affinity for these cars as I got my car education thanks to many mustangs!

Quick Reply: 2013 Boss 302