Notices

Stupid is, as stupid does 😱

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 01:07 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,914 Likes on 1,540 Posts

Totally predictable, we had something similar happen 30 years ago at an Alfa club motorkhana.
Old 08-19-2023, 01:44 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,376 Likes on 2,138 Posts

The whole thing is as stupid as shoveling more money to Ukraine.

The joke is on all of us, as Cody's getting paid, and so is everyone else but us.

Why is this is in the 992 section anyways?
Old 08-19-2023, 02:03 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,208 Likes on 1,846 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
*** also not sure why this is in the 992 technical section
Originally Posted by shrimp money
Because just like Cody, this website makes money with eyeballs and clicks and this thread has gotten 400 views in 3 hrs. That's why this website is thinly moderated. Long gone are the days when John ran this place.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (08-22-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 02:55 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

The whole thing is as stupid as shoveling more money to Ukraine.
Since you wanna go there and take this political, it’s game on…I have no problem playing the game.

Hardly. If we support Ukraine, as part of the NATO alliance, and they keep Trump’s ally, Putin/Russia busy, as well as possibly giving pause to any future expansion plans Putin may have in Europe….it serves a very good purpose…Somethings are hard to put a price tags on. …ya know like supporting freedom, democracy and our other allies.

If there’s anything we’ve learned from history, it’s that unchecked, unchallenged aggression by a bully, will invite further aggression. That’s just reality, not political justification.

A further example of this, closer to home, is the last 4-6 years, where the GOP appeased Trump the bully, conman, and habitual liar…that appeasement has only served to embolden the bully. Had trump been stopped a long time ago, with just a bit more help from Republicans (Liz Cheney was about the only Republican that had the ***** to face down the bully)….by now, maybe, the country would have moved on to more important issues that don’t involve either Trump or Biden’s son. The whole thing is a joke. As a lifelong Independent, who’s voted for just as many Republicans as Dems, I welcome the return of the Republican Party…so long as Trump has nothing to do with it.

But here we are today…with the current GOP front runner having two Impeachments, and 4 indictments. Definitely NOT a good look to our reputation as the “leader of the free world”. 🤔 😱 More like 3rd world BS.

The joke is on all of us, as Cody's getting paid, and so is everyone else but us.
And thank you for clicking away and visiting. 👍

I’m getting paid? Interesting…when do I get my check? Let me check my mail and accounts and get back to ya. 😂

Just checked…nope, nothing yet.

No different than any of your posts….it’s all entertainment. If it bothers you, there are maybe a 1,000 other posts/threads you can migrate to.You chose to be here - twice - so that’s on you. And the clicks keep on coming. Thx. Nevertheless, you’re free to whine to the MODS. Maybe they will shut it down?

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 08-19-2023 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 03:44 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Since you wanna go there and take this political, it’s game on…I have no problem playing the game.

Hardly. If we support Ukraine, as part of the NATO alliance, and they keep Trump’s ally, Putin/Russia busy, as well as possibly giving pause to any future expansion plans Putin may have in Europe….it serves a very good purpose…Somethings are hard to put a price tags on. …ya know like supporting freedom, democracy and our other allies.

If there’s anything we’ve learned from history, it’s that unchecked, unchallenged aggression by a bully, will invite further aggression.
Wait you mean freedom isn’t free? And we can’t just mind our own business and expect the bullies or extremists to leave us and our allies alone?
CodyBigdog (08-19-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 03:50 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,376 Likes on 2,138 Posts

Put on a mask Cody, there might be some people in this thread that are unvaccinated.
Old 08-19-2023, 03:53 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 703 Likes on 454 Posts

Was this a bait and switch post on Rennlist?

Youtube wildness, to social media, to influencers, to political nonsense and nothing about 992 P-Cars...
Old 08-19-2023, 03:53 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by SS22
Wait you mean freedom isn’t free? And we can’t just mind our own business and expect the bullies or extremists to leave us and our allies alone?
Good point.

I’m not convinced that Putin is anymore rational than Hitler was. Different trumped up enemy (pun intended), but similar expansion objective.

Putin, and much of his inner circle, have long expressed their desire to a return to the Soviet empire. Like most bullies, Putin seeks “respect” from the western world, and what better way to get respect than through fear and intimidation?

Putin seeks a return to the world order that existed after the end of WWII.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 08-19-2023 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 03:54 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Put on a mask Cody, there might be some people in this thread that are unvaccinated.

I’m vaccinated, so no worries…but thanks for your concern. 🥱

The unvaccinated will only help to provide further support for Darwin’s theory of natural selection.
Old 08-19-2023, 03:55 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, Gen X, Y, Z or whatever letter/category you belong to. . 😂 😂

OK. Sure, there’s a whole industry built around people doing dangerous chit. But most that do dangerous chit for a living know their chit. My son’s best friend from college was a Parkour master, jumping off, or between building, etc. He turned that skill into his profession…now a stunt man in Hollywood.

Clearly, this guy doesn’t…or maybe, it’s all fake/staged? If he didn’t expect this outcome, and it’s genuine, then his stupidity just adds to the authenticity. Otherwise, just another fake.

Why is it “too bad that some don;t like it? “ I didn’t say I didn’t like it? I think it’s a funny as Hell…but also, stupid. People doing stupid chit can also be funny. His car, his money…why would i care if he wants to destroy his car, other than it might “influence” others to try something similar, and lead to tragic results?

Oh, and as to your question - posted as something “exiting and different”…instead of the same old threads…slow news day…whatever gets you going.
calm down boomer, it’s just the interwebz… but thank you for supporting Cody by watching his video
Old 08-19-2023, 03:59 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

I’m vaccinated, so no worries…but thanks for your concern. 🥱

The unvaccinated will only help to provide further support for Darwin’s theory of natural selection.
Good point.

I’m not convinced that Putin is anymore rational than Hitler. Putin, and much of his inner circle, have long expressed their desire to a return to the Soviet empire. Like most bullies, Putin seeks “respect” from the western world, and what better way to get respect than through fear and intimidation? Putin seeks a return to the world order that existed after the end of WWII.

If there’s anything we’ve learned from history, it’s that unchecked, unchallenged aggression by a bully, will invite further aggression. That’s just reality, not political justification.

A further example of this, closer to home, is the last 4-6 years, where the GOP appeased Trump the bully, conman, and habitual liar…that appeasement has only served to embolden the bully. Had trump been stopped a long time ago, with just a bit more help from Republicans (Liz Cheney was about the only Republican that had the ***** to face down the bully)….by now, maybe, the country would have moved on to more important issues that don’t involve either Trump or Biden’s son. The whole thing is a joke. As a lifelong Independent, who’s voted for just as many Republicans as Dems, I welcome the return of the Republican Party…so long as Trump has nothing to do with it.

But here we are today…with the current GOP front runner having two Impeachments, and 4 indictments. Definitely NOT a good look to our reputation as the “leader of the free world”. 🤔 😱 More like 3rd world BS.

And thank you for clicking away and visiting. 👍

I’m getting paid? Interesting…when do I get my check? Let me check my mail and accounts and get back to ya. 😂

Just checked…nope, nothing yet.

No different than any of your posts….it’s all entertainment. If it bothers you, there are maybe a 1,000 other posts/threads you can migrate to.You chose to be here - twice - so that’s on you. And the clicks keep on coming. Thx. Nevertheless, you’re free to whine to the MODS. Maybe they will shut it down?
why is a Porsche technical forum being polluted with this kind of garbage… I hear the cesspool of lonely retirees in the Politics forum is calling your name
DodoBrd (08-19-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 03:59 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

…. thank you for supporting Cody by watching his video
👍

Keep those clicks coming….
Old 08-19-2023, 04:01 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

why is a Porsche technical forum being polluted with this kind of garbage… I hear the cesspool of lonely retirees in the Politics forum is calling your name
Already asked, and answered.

But a better question for Mr Gen X, Y or Z would be….why are you here? Do you enjoy “garbage”? It would appear that you do.

But on behalf of my next big purchase, i want to thank you for stopping by. 👍 Oh, and forgot to thank for explaining how the Internet, and specifically YouTube, works. Man, I had no idea…until your (“garbage”) post.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 08-19-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2023, 04:09 PM
RRich
Racer

Received 288 Likes on 132 Posts

The YouTuber will make bank on this. In LA every other TV commercial is an ambulance chasing attorney. I’m sure one of them will be happy to sue Ferrari for not warning against driving in a corn field.
CodyBigdog (08-19-2023)
Old 08-19-2023, 04:15 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 700 Likes on 330 Posts

I do this all the time on Forza. No fires yet.

OP getting a cut of views?

Quick Reply: Stupid is, as stupid does 😱