Notices

Anyone considering or already have Tesla?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2023 | 01:26 AM
ash_schwin
Rennlist Member

My wife had a Tesla Model 3 between Oct. 2020 - Aug. 2021. It was the long range model and was plenty quick and the new tech / screen was cool. But then it got annoying as the screen would freeze up, there were software bugs that were irritating. Service times to get the issues resolved would take 2+ weeks. It was a fun car to drive at first, but the excitement wore off very quick and overall the car just sucked the soul out of me when I drove it. Just my personal opinion, lot of my "non-car friends" love their Model 3 / Y etc.
Old 02-14-2023 | 05:49 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

picked her up yesterday from Tesla, 2020 Model 3 Performance, and haven't stopped smiling....this is a high tech go-kart.

0-60 is insane and the AWD to help control it...fun, fun car.....

only had it one day, but I can see why people love these cars

The following users liked this post:
thebishman (02-16-2023)
Old 10-17-2024 | 10:17 PM
SoCal-NSX
Burning Brakes

Update after 20 months and 25k miles

Best daily driver I've ever owned- 25,000 flawless miles - $0 in maintenance - just recently replaced the tires is only money spent @ $850

The insane torque and acceleration never get old...low CG combined with the AWD and tight steering rack make it a very capable car.

With the insane gas prices in California it sure is nice to have home charging and plenty enough solar panels on my roof and free charging at work ...it's basically free gas.

Have taken a couple of road trips....only time I've had to use super chargers- isn't as bad as people make it out to be as long as you just plan right and just grab a bite to eat or coffee....takes about 20 minutes tops to fill up

We even take it to the Rams games(season tickets) for tailgating -when you fold down the back seats there is plenty of staorge for ice chest, tables, bbq, chairs, etc.

Highly recomended for anybody who has a garage and home charging capability - don't think I'd be as high on the car if I didn't have home charging that is for sure.

Being able to have the climate in the car either cooled or heated depending on what you want before you hop in by hitting a few buttons on an app from your phone is a nice feature along with the auto-pilot and/or adaptive cruise control depending how comfortable you are with auto pilot is great.

Warning- it will make all of your other ICE vehicles feel slow- unless they are sub 3 sec 0-60

I thought my Cayman was broken the first time I drove it after driving the M3P for a couple of weeks straight when I first got it...literally thought something was wrong with it

Last edited by SoCal-NSX; 10-17-2024 at 10:28 PM.
Old Yesterday | 11:55 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Glad you like it - I got a Model S Plaid earlier this year and it is a grin machine. I’m obsessed with it - and I don’t miss oil changes etc at all. Charge at home, rip around whenever, know I can embarrass pretty much any car out there from a stop - silly fun. Yours looks great, but then again I am super partial to white with dark wheels.

Quick Reply: Anyone considering or already have Tesla?