Notices

Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 08:44 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 411 Posts
Default Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Curious to hear anyone's thoughts or experiences with the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (or it's big brother, CT5-V).

Car and Driver says great things about it: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
Old 11-01-2021, 03:30 PM
gearFX
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm also curious about the CT5-V Blackwing.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:55 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gearFX
I'm also curious about the CT5-V Blackwing.
Crickets here.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:18 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

Okay, I got my CT5-V Blackwing (six-speed) several months ago now back in mid-August. I had one of the first reservation cars and luckily got mine built on the second production week and delivered a few weeks later.

Anyway, the car is everything the reviews say it is. It's fun, visceral, wiggly under throttle, rotates incredibly well, amazing carbon ceramic brakes, handling is sublime, 668hp LT4 is incredible. Then, on the other side, it's comfy, smooth, quiet, just glides down the road in quiet exhaust and comfort magnetic suspension mode. It's a total package and very involving. At an approximate $100k price (depending on seats/CF packages), it's an absolute bargain. I love the car.

Last edited by Quikag; 12-16-2021 at 02:21 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Quikag:
HelpMeHelpU (12-19-2021), iammacey (12-16-2021), kamlung (01-10-2022), techi14 (03-18-2024), thebishman (12-17-2021), tigerhonaker (10-05-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-16-2021, 03:17 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Quikag
Okay, I got my CT5-V Blackwing (six-speed) several months ago now back in mid-August. I had one of the first reservation cars and luckily got mine built on the second production week and delivered a few weeks later.

Anyway, the car is everything the reviews say it is. It's fun, visceral, wiggly under throttle, rotates incredibly well, amazing carbon ceramic brakes, handling is sublime, 668hp LT4 is incredible. Then, on the other side, it's comfy, smooth, quiet, just glides down the road in quiet exhaust and comfort magnetic suspension mode. It's a total package and very involving. At an approximate $100k price (depending on seats/CF packages), it's an absolute bargain. I love the car.

Glad to hear this and congratulations. Appreciate you sharing your impressions.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:40 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 491 Likes on 199 Posts

Looks great! I have an order for a shadow gray 6-speed with sky cool seats and bronze wheels. No CC brakes though. A buddy that got the orange paint, which I wasn't sure about until I saw it. Looks really good in person. The BW sounds incredible too - not sure what they did with the exhaust but it sounds different than a Camaro or Corvette to me. Also considering the infrared color. My order does not have a build date yet, although my dealer says they are confident they can get an allocation. How is the "fun" factor? Does it feel heavy or large?

I have a thread on here debating the CT5 BW, RS6, and 911 C2S as daily drivers. The BW seems to check the most boxes and is priced relatively well. It may come down to which car actually gets built and ready for delivery first. I have a spring build date for the RS6. We'll see if GM steps up BW production this spring.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:26 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 6sigma
Looks great! I have an order for a shadow gray 6-speed with sky cool seats and bronze wheels. No CC brakes though. A buddy that got the orange paint, which I wasn't sure about until I saw it. Looks really good in person. The BW sounds incredible too - not sure what they did with the exhaust but it sounds different than a Camaro or Corvette to me. Also considering the infrared color. My order does not have a build date yet, although my dealer says they are confident they can get an allocation. How is the "fun" factor? Does it feel heavy or large?

I have a thread on here debating the CT5 BW, RS6, and 911 C2S as daily drivers. The BW seems to check the most boxes and is priced relatively well. It may come down to which car actually gets built and ready for delivery first. I have a spring build date for the RS6. We'll see if GM steps up BW production this spring.
C&D likes the Caddy over the Audi and BMW: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...wing-compared/ That is very impressive, especially since the big and important scores come from the Chassis and Experience sections, which to me are most important. I don't understand why these cars are not getting more attention, especially given the price.

My dealer let me know my CT4-V BW now has a production date for next month. I selected the Electric Blue with the light seats, red belts and calipers, no SR, and MT of course. Total MSRP is around $68k, as I avoided the CF packages. I am eager to compare it to my BMW M2C, which I have come to love.
The following 2 users liked this post by HelpMeHelpU:
kamlung (01-10-2022), Quikag (12-20-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 11:39 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sigma

It feels very tossable and small/lighter than it is especially when booking it and throwing the car. It'll rotate very easy, very neutral with super mild understeer that can be fixed with a wiggle of the big toe on the happy pedal. But, again, just cruising it feels big, comfy, smooth, plenty of rear seat room in the CT5 and drives like a new Caddy.

If you like shifting and like RWD with probably one of the best chassis on the market period (Alpha 2) with a honking supercharged V8 that has and will continue to be super reliable and fun, then the Blackwing is your ticket. If you don't care about shifting yourself, the 10-speed works very well, but then it doesn't have the X factor as much and other cars like the E63, M5, RS6/7, Panamera GTS/Turbo, etc. are all in the same ballpark except price is higher on all of them. Is it worth it? Up to you.
Old 10-04-2023, 12:31 PM
hotrodgrrrl
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resurrection of Blackwing Convo?

I am absolutely beside myself trying to decide if I should sell my 2013 Panamera Turbo in favor of a Blackwing (either one). Anyone here have experience with both cars? I don't have the luxury of owning both simultaneously to decide which I like better, and am afraid I might suffer from seller's remorse if I part with the Turbo. But I haven't heard anything but positive reviews on the CT4- or 5-V Blackwing. (Don't worry Porschephiles-I'll keep my GT4 either way )
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (10-05-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 04:25 PM
ash_schwin
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 179 Posts

Also bumping this thread as the CT4-V Blackwing is high on my list of next car choices along with the G80 M3 since I need a sedan and craving 6MT transmission. Would love to hear other members / owners thoughts on the cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by ash_schwin:
HelpMeHelpU (10-05-2023), hotrodgrrrl (10-06-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 10:18 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ash_schwin
Also bumping this thread as the CT4-V Blackwing is high on my list of next car choices along with the G80 M3 since I need a sedan and craving 6MT transmission. Would love to hear other members / owners thoughts on the cars.

I came very close to buying one...but I just couldn't get over "Cadillac." I have an M2C and while the CT4-V BW might be a "better" car on paper and on the road, I couldn't convince myself it was that much better to overcome the way I feel when I look at and think about "Cadillac" compared with how I feel when I look at and think about the BMW M2C.

Again, these BWs--both the 4 and the 5--are likely incredibly awesome cars. I just wish I felt better about buying and owning a "Cadillac."
The following 2 users liked this post by HelpMeHelpU:
ash_schwin (10-06-2023), hotrodgrrrl (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 12:23 PM
ash_schwin
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
I came very close to buying one...but I just couldn't get over "Cadillac." I have an M2C and while the CT4-V BW might be a "better" car on paper and on the road, I couldn't convince myself it was that much better to overcome the way I feel when I look at and think about "Cadillac" compared with how I feel when I look at and think about the BMW M2C.

Again, these BWs--both the 4 and the 5--are likely incredibly awesome cars. I just wish I felt better about buying and owning a "Cadillac."
Thank you.....exactly my reservations as well. I will say that Cadillac / GM seem to have much higher quality of products recently than 10-15 years ago. Obviously nothing like a Porsche, but the cost difference between a new G80 M3 and CT4 BW is about $15K assuming no ADM's from either dealer. I may have to test drive both.
hotrodgrrrl (10-06-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 12:35 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Received 517 Likes on 253 Posts

I had the ct4v. Essentially old version of what you’re getting. Exhaust note is very underwhelming. Interior was a let down. Everything else about the car was fantastic.
hotrodgrrrl (10-06-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 08:18 PM
Danus ex
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I drove a new CT4-V Blackwing and had a different experience than C&D and others reviews. While the chassis and suspension are superb, I found the engine characterless, the manual transmission OK (but its gear lever rattled a lot), the pedal box/driving position truck-like, the steering unremarkable, interior quality meh, and the backseat room surprisingly poor. I honestly preferred the Elantra N I drove on a lark the week before.

Additionally, the G80 M3 was harsher than the CT4-V. Compared to a Porsche, it's manual feels rubbery and I think it uses a clutch delay valve. I love BMW's I6s though.

After 26 years as a die hard MT driver, I bought an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio to complement my Cayman GTS and do not miss the manual.
The following 3 users liked this post by Danus ex:
chassis (12-02-2023), hotrodgrrrl (11-22-2023), thebishman (11-24-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 12:03 PM
hotrodgrrrl
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure no one is tracking my personal vehicle choices, lol, but I decided to list my Panamera Turbo on Bring a Trailer. It sold, but the high bidder never actually paid me for the car. Its been a bit of a horror story, actually, but I figure it's the universe's way of telling me to keep the Porsche. So I am. For now . I'll put the Blackwing on hold. For now.

Quick Reply: Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing