Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

Interesting thread.
I too am sniffing around the Evora GTs.

Craig
Old 06-19-2022, 12:22 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Any new comments for this car? I’m selling my rsa in the next few months and seriously considering one of these. Possibly a 718 GT4 but probably not for an extra $45k-ish. I know I need to drive them both and plan on doing that when I’m closer to pulling the trigger.

also, if a gt4 I want a pdk for the track but sounds like an auto Evora - well it gets mixed reviews for sure. I have fibromyalgia and need something less physical to drive than my MS-Dos antique (that I still love).

Kevin, I have a Primaluna evo 300 (from Ken) w KT-150s and Radiotechniques up front that I’m very happy with. Also bought a Hana Red from Kat (who is awesome as is the Red).
Old 06-20-2022, 04:40 PM
unclemat
Pro

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

I recently test drove an auto Evora GT and was very impressed. Overall with car but particularly surprised by the auto. It's not PDK, but shifts very quick and well behaved. I can totally see this being a fun combo and if one has a physical condition precluding a manual, it is a no brainer.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:59 PM
Upscale Audio
Banned

Received 1,098 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by forklift

Kevin, I have a Primaluna evo 300 (from Ken) w KT-150s and Radiotechniques up front that I’m very happy with. Also bought a Hana Red from Kat (who is awesome as is the Red).
Cool man. Good for you. The PrimaLuna EVO 300 will compete with the most expensive vacuum tube separates. And that Hana is a bad-*** cartridge. Kat just got one as a gift from the manufacturer. They knew how much she loves it so thought she should have one. Thank you.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:32 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,504 Likes on 834 Posts
Post Shmee150 from England just posted this video of the Emira V6 W/Manual ...

Guys,

Thought you might like to see what Shmee150 had to say.
This was only 4-Hours ago ...............

Bought the Right Car?! LOTUS EMIRA V6 FIRST DRIVE

Terry
Old 06-29-2022, 04:27 AM
Yc911Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 875 Likes on 461 Posts

evora gt is good but unless you have to have a mr 2+2 I'd say cayman is still the go to choice
Old 09-09-2022, 11:07 PM
SunnyWest67
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
evora gt is good but unless you have to have a mr 2+2 I'd say cayman is still the go to choice
I think the rawness of the Evora platform is very, very appealing. That is why I love the older Porsches, especially with their hydraulic steering. Difficult to get that feel in a new Porsche anymore, but with Lotus it certainly oozes it.
Old 09-17-2022, 12:03 PM
MXA121
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 70 Posts

Love the Lotus Evora GT! It's much more of an event to be in compared to a Cayman and I have no idea how they made a Camry V6 sound so damn good! If it's more of an everyday car, nothing beats a Porsche, but if you need excitement the Lotus aces the test.

Last edited by MXA121; 09-17-2022 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2022, 05:41 PM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 79 Posts

I am a Porsche guy and have enjoyed owning a 987 Spyder, 996 Turbo S, 981 Spyder and Macan GTS. I purchased a new 21 Evora GT while waiting for my 781 Spyder allocation. I loved the looks of the car and it definitely got more attention than any Porsche I have owned whether that’s a plus or minus is a personal choice. It is an amazing car to drive. The steering is superb and it corners like it’s on rails. The exhaust note came close to my 981 Spyder. It’s quick but not fast. Driving it is difficult if you have large feet. I wear a size 11.5 shoe and had to drive in bare feet due to the closeness of the pedals.
I sold it after 6 months but not because of performance or drivability issues. I had quality issues from day one. The day I picked it up from the dealer I drove off the lot and adjusted the AC vent. The little piece you use to adjust it pulled off in my hand. Ruined my day. I was driving from Atlanta to Charleston so I wasn’t about to delay my five hour drive over that. When I arrived home I parked the car under some fluorescent lights in a parking lot and noticed several burn marks in the clear coat. The exterior color was a matte grey so it was very obvious at night under lights. The A pillars were very loose when you grabbed them as well as the door cards when you closed the door. I eventually brought the car back to the Atlanta dealer for service. Due to lack of parts it sat there for several weeks. All of the issues were eventually repaired but knowing how difficult it would be to get parts and the fact that the dealer was 5 hours away made me question my purchase. My car could’ve been an
anomaly as far as the quality issues but it really turned me off continued ownership. If I hadn’t experienced those issues I definitely would’ve kept the car.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:31 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,504 Likes on 834 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Jay9722
I am a Porsche guy and have enjoyed owning a 987 Spyder, 996 Turbo S, 981 Spyder and Macan GTS. I purchased a new 21 Evora GT while waiting for my 781 Spyder allocation. I loved the looks of the car and it definitely got more attention than any Porsche I have owned whether that’s a plus or minus is a personal choice. It is an amazing car to drive. The steering is superb and it corners like it’s on rails. The exhaust note came close to my 981 Spyder. It’s quick but not fast. Driving it is difficult if you have large feet. I wear a size 11.5 shoe and had to drive in bare feet due to the closeness of the pedals.
I sold it after 6 months but not because of performance or drivability issues. I had quality issues from day one. The day I picked it up from the dealer I drove off the lot and adjusted the AC vent. The little piece you use to adjust it pulled off in my hand. Ruined my day. I was driving from Atlanta to Charleston so I wasn’t about to delay my five hour drive over that. When I arrived home I parked the car under some fluorescent lights in a parking lot and noticed several burn marks in the clear coat. The exterior color was a matte grey so it was very obvious at night under lights. The A pillars were very loose when you grabbed them as well as the door cards when you closed the door. I eventually brought the car back to the Atlanta dealer for service. Due to lack of parts it sat there for several weeks. All of the issues were eventually repaired but knowing how difficult it would be to get parts and the fact that the dealer was 5 hours away made me question my purchase. My car could’ve been an
anomaly as far as the quality issues but it really turned me off continued ownership. If I hadn’t experienced those issues I definitely would’ve kept the car.
Jay9722,

That's ^^^ some of the reasons I gave up on trying to purchase a Ferrari 458.
There is no Dealer where I live and to have to have it loaded on a flat-bed to take to an Authorized Ferrari dealer for an average fellow just wasn't going to be feasible IMO.

I then did the Much-much more sensible thing and ordered the 2021 GT4 and the Porsche Dealer is like 6-miles from where I live.
Love the GT4 but if I was actually wealthy to be honest I'd go for the Ferrari 458 with the last true N/A V-8 !!!

Terry

Quick Reply: Lotus Evora GT