Notices

OT: Am I paranoid???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:34 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default OT: Am I paranoid???

I wasn't happy with my sales experience when I bough a CPO S550 in February and I wrote some pretty scathing comments about my interactions with the GM. My salesman told me that my comments sent shock waves through the dealership. In the 2.5 months that I've owned the car, I've had to take it back for several warranty issues.

Incident #1:
My CD's were stuck in the changer. It took them a couple of days to even look at the car. Once they got to it, they said they had to replace the COMMAND unit and send the defective changer back to Germany per MB policy. I question whether or not they really replaced the COMMAND unit because the second page of radio presets were still stored in memory when I picked up the car. Everything else was deleted. Was it possible that they really didn't replace the COMMAND unit but just wanted it to appear that they did (and did a sloppy job of deleting the memory) to justify keeping my car for a week in an attempt to inconvenience me??? They also told me that it would take 6 months to return the CD's that were stuck in the changer. Another attempt to inconvenience me?

Incident #2:
Since they installed the new COMMAND unit, the digital clock on the screen and the analog clock on the dashboard have been malfunctioning. Although I scheduled an appointment in advance, they didn't get to my car for a couple of days. After they finally got to it, they called to tell me that they lost my key and asked if I could bring the second key to the dealership. After several more days, they still haven't been able to solve the issue and said they had to open a repair ticket with MB. By this time, they "found" the lost key but the bottom line is that it's been over a week and they still haven't fixed the clock yet. I have a C-Class loaner but I can't help but wonder if this is another attempt to inconvenience me.

I can't believe that fixing a clock is this difficult. Am I paranoid or are they intentionally inconveniencing me in retaliation for my scathing customer satisfaction survey comments???

Last edited by LiveNupe; 05-08-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:04 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

You could possibly be paranoid.
But that service department and dealership definitely suck. It's possible this is as good as it gets with this group.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM
WestlakeHorn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I would take my complaints up the chain of command at MBUSA. If they are messing with you, they will concede quickly.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
I wasn't happy with my sales experience when I bough a CPO S550 in February and I wrote some pretty scathing comments about my interactions with the GM. My salesman told me that my comments sent shock waves through the dealership. In the 2.5 months that I've owned the car, I've had to take it back for several warranty issues.

Incident #1:
My CD's were stuck in the changer. It took them a couple of days to even look at the car. Once they got to it, they said they had to replace the COMMAND unit and send the defective changer back to Germany per MB policy. I question whether or not they really replaced the COMMAND unit because the second page of radio presets were still stored in memory when I picked up the car. Everything else was deleted. Was it possible that they really didn't replace the COMMAND unit but just wanted it to appear that they did (and did a sloppy job of deleting the memory) to justify keeping my car for a week in an attempt to inconvenience me??? They also told me that it would take 6 months to return the CD's that were stuck in the changer. Another attempt to inconvenience me?

Incident #2:
Since they installed the new COMMAND unit, the digital clock on the screen and the analog clock on the dashboard have been malfunctioning. Although I scheduled an appointment in advance, they didn't get to my car for a couple of days. After they finally got to it, they called to tell me that they lost my key and asked if I could bring the second key to the dealership. After several more days, they still haven't been able to solve the issue and said they had to open a repair ticket with MB. By this time, they "found" the lost key but the bottom line is that it's been over a week and they still haven't fixed the clock yet. I have a C-Class loaner but I can't help but wonder if this is another attempt to inconvenience me.

I can't believe that fixing a clock is this difficult. Am I paranoid or are they intentionally inconveniencing me in retaliation for my scathing customer satisfaction survey comments???
On #1, I had CDs stuck twice on my Cayman and they had to replace PCM each time. The CD was mailed back from Germany one of the two times after a long wait (not at all the other time) so it's plausible it really takes that long. Just not likely, unfortunately.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:33 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WestlakeHorn
I think I would take my complaints up the chain of command at MBUSA. If they are messing with you, they will concede quickly.
This sounds like the step to take.

/Not excluding that you might be paranoid.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:08 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

There is no way they ever admit to purposely messing with you, and it would be hard to prove otherwise. I would just change dealerships and start fresh.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default you left your car overnight ?

My expectation with any dealer is that It is delivered that morning and fixed that day. 2 days on the outside. After 2 days i would be calling them twice a day. Never return to this stealership even if their incompetence is accidental it still cost you time. Also contact MBUSA as stated above and ask for a 1k credit to compensate you for your time and gas to drive to another dealer.

Quick Reply: OT: Am I paranoid???