Notices

Raptor for a new daily

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 05:43 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

18 supercab here. 802A, no sunroof. Easier to park than the supercrews I tested. Absolutely love this truck after a year of ownership. Couldn't buy one locally however, ADM, so flew up to Nashville and made a deal under list.
^^^^Congrats on your 19, they look great in white.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:45 AM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Ever since sophomore year of college (many moons ago), I have had a pickup truck. Nissan Hard Body, Toyota Tundra, Chevy Duramax, Toyota Tundra, Toyota Tundra. I have obviously liked the Toyotas a lot. I think they are well made, very reliable, and have good resale. The Toyotas are many things but I wouldn't call them necessarily FUN to drive. Over the last year or so, I've been doing some research on fun YEAR ROUND daily drivers. I live in Montana where we have legitimate winters so most of the candidates that typically get mentioned are immediately crossed off the list. For me, if it’s going to be fun to drive, it will also need to be able to handle weather, be useful, have space for the boys/dog, and rarely tow.

One of the vehicles that kept getting mentioned in my research (including reading on this forum and FRF), and talking to other car enthusiasts, was the Raptor. I've never considered an F150 before. I’ve trended towards import vs domestic in the past so that’s on me. The more research I did on the Raptor, the more I liked it. Ultimately, I went to the local dealership and took a test drive. I ended up configuring and ordering a 19 a few months ago. I finally got my truck a few weeks ago.

19 Magnetic SCREW
Forged wheels
802A
Carbon fiber
Heated rear seats
Tailgate step
Factory bedliner
No sunroof
No decals
No tech package

Obviously I'm still in honeymoon phase so take my initial impressions with a grain of salt

1. The thing is a blast to drive. So far just street driving and some dirt roads, but what a hoot
2. I'm still in break in so I haven't flogged it, but the 3.5 TT is interesting. I can tell it is fast, it has the typical boosted feel to it. Really too soon to tell. I’ll need to spend some more time with it to form an educated opinion. I get the whole V8 vs V6TT thing, but it is all academic for me. I wanted a new vehicle, so V6 it is.
3. The engine is remarkably quiet. If this was my weekend toy, that might be a problem, but as a daily I really enjoy the quieter engine. The cabin is VERY quiet (presumably due to noise cancelling etc.), and I like it that way. No plans to change the exhaust. A tune might be fun, but I’ll probably hold off on that to eliminate any warranty issues.
4. I’ve never owned a truck with a suspension like this. I am so far thoroughly enjoying it. I can’t imagine what fun it will be driving this thing as Ford intended.
5. The interior and technology are way ahead of the Tundra. I have a new respect for what Ford does with their trucks... very nice.
6. Time will tell regarding reliability etc. I'm well aware of the stories on the forum by some members. Hopefully that is a small minority. At this point I'm not concerned, that is what warranties are for. As long as I'm not stranded on the side of the road in a January storm, I'm good.
7. This is by far one of the coolest looking vehicles on the road. Period. My kids love it too.
8. Price is what it is. It is expensive, but Ford really has no competitors in this segment (at least none that I seriously considered).

Anyway, these are my initial thoughts. So far, I've changed out the antenna, did PPF + ceramic, window tint front windows, Husky mats. I'd like to install some lights in the near future. The next step will probably need to be a driver mod. I would like to do the Assault course when I can get some time.

The following users liked this post:
toddjude (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 02:17 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Debating on this truck or a 2020 Tundra + Supercharger.

IMO Tundra is best looking pickup truck by far.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Traded in my Raptor w/ 30K on it for a Rebel and got a fat check. Got tired of the eco boost V6 and wanted a V8 again:

Old 08-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Sleepy996
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

No better daily but looking forward to the 2020 with V8.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:27 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleepy996
No better daily but looking forward to the 2020 with V8.

No significant changes for 2020. Order guide is already out. No V8 which is why I picked up a discounted new ‘19 a few weeks ago.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:37 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Imo the big year is going to be 2021 with both the Raptor and the Ram TRX having V8's. The latter being the hellcat engine.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Sleepy996
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry looking forward to 2021 Raptor V8 or when or if it ever comes out...
Old 08-06-2019, 07:19 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

The rumors suggesting a V8 return to the Raptor in 2021 also suggest a starting price of $70k. If true, that pushes an optioned truck into $90k range. Granted, no one knows what direction Ford will take with it. They certainly move enough units with the EcoBoost, but they've had the segment to themselves for years.

Solid truck either way, but my preference would be for a naturally aspirated engine versus turbo. But if it is some kind of end of run build with the V8 it'll be outrageous in price with ADMs.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:22 PM
Rac10000
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

I just ordered a 2020 last week. I'm looking forward to my first truck! Fingers crossed it's an enjoyable ownership experience. I'm a little worried about overall build quality and the dealership service quality. We'll see I guess ...

Here's the spec ...
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew - Agate Black
802A Luxury
Raptor Interior Color Blue Accent Package
17" Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock Capable Wheel
Tailgate Step
Foldable Pickup Box Bed Extender
Bedliner – Tough Bed® spray-in
Twin Panel Moonroof
Second-Row Heated Seats
The following users liked this post:
iammacey (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 03:17 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Rac10000
I just ordered a 2020 last week. I'm looking forward to my first truck! Fingers crossed it's an enjoyable ownership experience. I'm a little worried about overall build quality and the dealership service quality. We'll see I guess ...

Here's the spec ...
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew - Agate Black
802A Luxury
Raptor Interior Color Blue Accent Package
17" Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock Capable Wheel
Tailgate Step
Foldable Pickup Box Bed Extender
Bedliner – Tough Bed® spray-in
Twin Panel Moonroof
Second-Row Heated Seats
They are great trucks. Love love love mine. 2018 fully loaded.

Old 06-10-2020, 01:37 PM
Rac10000
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Good news! ... My truck was built and is on the way to the dealership!

About a month ago I decided to change the color to Lead Foot Gray. I was originally going to do a full XPEL Stealth wrap on the Agate Black but I changed my mind just in time ... I just kept looking at so many pictures on FRF! The rest of the build stayed the same though. Really looking forward to it!
Old 06-10-2020, 01:54 PM
toddjude
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! You will enjoy it.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:54 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

Yep, have about 15k on my ‘19 in about 11 months and I’m really enjoying it now. Coming from a long line of good GM trucks, several with the awesome 6.2L, this was my first Ford. I’ve grown to really like it. I’ve had zero issues besides some oil consumption burning a few quarts in the first 6,000 miles. Dealership did a full synthetic oil change for free and told me to keep an eye on the consumption. Happy to report it’s burned less than a quart in the next 9,000 miles which I can totally live with..due for another oil change soon with around 10k change intervals. I drive it pretty hard too.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:48 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I've had a '19 Raptor for my DD for one year now. Added some ADD bumpers, Rigid light bars, Velocity AP valvetronic exhaust, Cobb CAI and intercooler, and a custom tune. I would do it all over again, and I rarely say that after a year or two.

Quick Reply: Raptor for a new daily