Notices

GT3 to performante

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 01:08 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default GT3 to performante

Someone offered me close to MSRP for my GT3. I loved the car and drove it for 4700 very happy miles but the wife gave me the green light to step up to this. The Huracan Performante has exceeded my expectations. NA V10, mid engine with AWD. Planning a track day soon. If anyone is interested: I have listed in MARKETPLACE on this forum three sets of lightly used floor mats from my GT3. OEM, Carbon fiber and custom.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:13 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

so what are your impressions? You said a step up? How and where? Please provide more details.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:46 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
so what are your impressions? You said a step up? How and where? Please provide more details.
Huge acceleration and grip beyond anything I have ever driven. The sound from the NA V10 is incredible. Transmission is lightning quick. Have not tracked her yet but have access to some very nice back country roads nice twists, turns and straightaways. When driven in strata (street mode) it is very comfortable and compliant and when changed to sport or track modes the car completely changes its personality. The fit and finish are superb. Lamborghini, after being purchased by VW/Audi now has the best of both worlds, the design and flare of the Italians and the fit, finish and engineering of the Germans. It is very evident in the way the car is put together and everything is so nicely integrated. Very different that Lambos from the past.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:11 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by SANDIEGO
Huge acceleration and grip beyond anything I have ever driven. The sound from the NA V10 is incredible. Transmission is lightning quick. Have not tracked her yet but have access to some very nice back country roads nice twists, turns and straightaways. When driven in strata (street mode) it is very comfortable and compliant and when changed to sport or track modes the car completely changes its personality. The fit and finish are superb. Lamborghini, after being purchased by VW/Audi now has the best of both worlds, the design and flare of the Italians and the fit, finish and engineering of the Germans. It is very evident in the way the car is put together and everything is so nicely integrated. Very different that Lambos from the past.
Just messaged you. Hope to see you around San Diego. Congratulations. Beautiful car
Old 04-01-2019, 02:21 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Good to hear! Always was interested in the Perf. So much want. Love the styling, sound.. everything. Congrats!

Last edited by HEAT'N'COOL; 04-01-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:48 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Huge congrats!....gorgeous car
Old 04-01-2019, 02:52 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Lambo's are not in my future, but if one was it would look just like that. I'm sure the sound at anger is something to behold....
Old 04-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Nice wheels my driving buddy has a Performante, and it’s the one car he will not sell. Sounds amazing, and your point grip is insane. He’s owned all MAC’s 675LT, and down, Ferrari 488’s, and this one and his GT3 he swears by. Nice rig.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:57 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

That thing looks awesome. Are those the ones with the new dual clutch transmissions? In any case, congrats! You only live once. Might as well get your money’s worth.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:05 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Originally Posted by robmypro
That thing looks awesome. Are those the ones with the new dual clutch transmissions? In any case, congrats! You only live once. Might as well get your money’s worth.
yes dual clutch.

I lost the battle to keep both the GT3 and the Lambo. I wish I could have. I really miss the GT3 and was the best of the six 911s I have owned over the years. However, we currently have five cars and a garage that holds three. In addition, to the Lambo I currently have a BMW M5, M4 (2018) X5 (2016) and my son's Subaru WRX STI. Sounds like its time for a garage lift. I am waiting to see what what the 992 GT3 looks like in a couple of years. Also the mid engine corvette should be out soon and higher performance version with 700 plus HP could be very interesting and give the Lambo a run for the money. Nice things to ponder.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:15 PM
robmypro
Race Director

yes dual clutch.

I lost the battle to keep both the GT3 and the Lambo. I wish I could have. I really miss the GT3 and was the best of the six 911s I have owned over the years. However, we currently have five cars and a garage that holds three. In addition, to the Lambo I currently have a BMW M5, M4 (2018) X5 (2016) and my son's Subaru WRX STI. Sounds like its time for a garage lift. I am waiting to see what what the 992 GT3 looks like in a couple of years. Also the mid engine corvette should be out soon and higher performance version with 700 plus HP could be very interesting and give the Lambo a run for the money. Nice things to ponder.
Once Lambo went to the dual clutch and became part of VW and Audi, there is no really good reason not to get one. Heard nothing but good thngs about the Performante! Yeah, you need to get some lifts!
Old 04-01-2019, 03:18 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Got any interior pics?
Old 04-01-2019, 03:34 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

yes dual clutch.

I really hope you're not seriously considering that trade! The Lambo is a Lambo, and a Corvette, mid-engined or not.. is not.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:42 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

^ the lambo is an audi. corrected that for you.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:50 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by zmon
^ the lambo is an audi. corrected that for you.
Yeah and the 911 is a VW, what's your point?

Quick Reply: GT3 to performante