Notices

Jeep Gladiator - the 2020 Jeep Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 10:53 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Jeep Gladiator - the 2020 Jeep Truck

The plan for 2019 is to trade the Macan for something with a bed. Mostly I want the ability to load up the Honda Groms without needing a trailer and I was planning on a Raptor. The 2019 refresh introduces some nice upgrades and it is one of the trucks I like. Then I picked up on the rumors of the Jeep truck and watched the reveal today. Any Jeep lovers or haters have thoughts?

I like that it is mid-size. The bikes will fit. The doors come off. Top comes off. And it comes in a manual, which is awesome. For trails, the size will be way better than the Raptor. Curious about pricing, which hasn't been announced.

Jeep Gladiator
Old 12-05-2018, 12:30 AM
LandCruiser
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FCA has had serious QC issues with the current JL frame welds, people are reporting trackbars coming off. And just about all of them have hideous porous frame welds that are rusting on brand new vehicles. I'd probably wait at least a year or two until they can get their crap together... that's assuming FCA won't go bankrupt again.

I'd wait for the NA V8 Raptor to come out and not even get close to a Jeep dealer.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:04 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by LandCruiser
FCA has had serious QC issues with the current JL frame welds, people are reporting trackbars coming off. And just about all of them have hideous porous frame welds that are rusting on brand new vehicles. I'd probably wait at least a year or two until they can get their crap together... that's assuming FCA won't go bankrupt again.

I'd wait for the NA V8 Raptor to come out and not even get close to a Jeep dealer.
I have followed the issue with the frame welds and I've never been a big fan of FCA quality... So valid points.

Interesting that you mention a V8 Raptor. I've heard those rumors but nothing indicates that's going to happen. They went from the 6.2 to the EcoBoost and got more power, more torque, and sold more Raptors. I looked at a Roush F150, but part of my love of the Raptor is exterior styling. So that may well be the path forward. Even with the EcoBoost.

The Gladiator is just an interesting concept. But long term ownership of an FCA product, not so much.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Jeep Gladiator - the 2020 Jeep Truck