Challenger Hellcat Redeye

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Challenger Hellcat Redeye

I'm thinking about getting one.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a forum for Dodge/SRT/Mopar cars on the same level as Rennlist?
Old 09-06-2018, 12:13 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

No help with the forums, but please post pic when you get it - sexy cars!!
Old 01-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus
I'm thinking about getting one.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a forum for Dodge/SRT/Mopar cars on the same level as Rennlist?

did you buy the Redeye, tell me your opinion .
thanks
Old 01-06-2020, 05:17 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My apologies for not posting sooner... The year got away from me and I intended to get 'professional' photos taken of the the car last fall and unfortunately I could not allow the time to do so. So, more to come later hopefully.

What can I say about the car... Impressive! Build quality & paint quality were much better than I expected. If you choose to go with the Widebody option (highly recommended) you will need to add (at minimum) PPF to the fenders, doors and rear fender flares as the tires will pick up rocks and ruin your paint relatively quickly.

I would definitely recommend you drive one first, even if its just the normal 717 hp "Hellcat" model if you are used to smaller, lighter cars. It handles great for a car of its size & weight but it is no GT3 canyon carver, but the brakes are up to the task for something that weighs around 4,500 lbs. I specked mine to be as light weight as possible; rear-seat delete, cloth seats, no frills and I have weighed it twice now and it weighs 4,440 lbs with a full tank of gas & all fluids topped off. Engine & transmission seem utterly bullitproof and up there with the best powerplants I've ever experienced. Ahh yes...the power. Like I said, as far a performance is concerned its no track weapon, but it was never designed to be anything other than a good all around muscle car/coupe/daily driver - a straight line machine - and in all contexts it is absolutely incredible. Some of the trash talk on the internet is true, it's hard to get off the line at the track or on the street unless you have drag radials even with the Widebody's 305's on the back. BUT, once it has gotten over its own mass and you are rolling from 30-40 mph, the way it gains speed has to be experienced to be believed. If you want to be a complete hooligan, you can drop the hammer from a roll at 50+ and just do 200ft long burnouts all day long. It is liter bike fast on a roll. Truly an epic car for the money.

I chose it because I wanted an 'old school' heavyweight, brutal musclecar and I couldn't be happier with it. It has some features that you still can't find on even the most exotic of exotics and its like icing on the cake.

Ask me more if you'd like!

PS. Yes, I did remove the yellow splitter guard a week after I brought it home...

The following users liked this post:
Quikag (01-10-2020)
Old 02-12-2020, 03:37 PM
D1ESEL
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Great spec. I love the green!

Quick Reply: Challenger Hellcat Redeye