Notices

I bought a Kia!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 81 Posts
Default I bought a Kia!

....Never thought Id say those words. But dang Kia Stinger is such a cool car. And I love driving off brand quirky sleepers. Probably started with my love of 914's and Hillman Imps out of High School.. With dealer discounts out the door with fully loaded GT2 RWD for about $47K with .09% financing for 60 months. Has a 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and 100K power train warranty. Car accelerates far faster than the V6 twin Turbo 365 factory claimed hp would suggest. Makes huge torque. 378 ft lbs at 1300 rpm. quick shifting 8 speed takes advantage of that torque. Runs 1/4 mile in high twelves stock. Amazing for a nearly 4000 lb highway cruiser! Makes every stop light encounter with American muscle car rather amusing as it jumps off line effortlessly with no wheel spin or drama. Even has launch control. LOL! The big brembo brakes haul it down to stop very quickly too.

Comfortable interior with tons of features. I use this as a daily driver. But having logged over 1000 miles on car have to hand it to Kia engineers they have built a great car. It does carry some of its econo car roots with it in some places. Some cheap plastics. Occasional rattle in interior. Suspension is just a little under sprung and dampened so it does wallow a bit but still a very jun car to drive. Especially acceleration in such a big car.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:54 PM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats! I'm still rather torn on these, I don't like the looks of the front end and (even though I know the stigma isn't as true as it once was) it's still a Kia. I must admit, the performance numbers and reviews I've heard from owners are quite impressive.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:31 AM
Grantsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by fastcars914
Congrats! I'm still rather torn on these, I don't like the looks of the front end and (even though I know the stigma isn't as true as it once was) it's still a Kia. I must admit, the performance numbers and reviews I've heard from owners are quite impressive.
funny felt same way until I drove it and saw it in person. Biggest sellers for me was Kia quality and length of warranty as I use it for commuting. And features on this car are endless. It also fun to tell people I bought a Kia . Then see their reactions to the car when they see it. Car isn’t perfect but it’s a huge step forward for Kia. It clearly has benefited from German guys who went to Kia from Audi and BMW.

thing I love about it is it’s quirky like some Italian cars. Low roof line is totally impractical. Not an easy car to get in and out of. They didn’t compromise on some of design elements to make it fit typical sedan buyers tastes.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:18 PM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

^Interesting, evidently it has. I think the part about the front that I don't like is where the grill looks like it has rabbit teeth in the middle where the grill gets closer together in the middle.

Quick Reply: I bought a Kia!