Notices

I think this may be goodbye... I have Mono.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 12:38 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts
Default I think this may be goodbye... I have Mono.

Today I found out I have a serious case of Mono, it's not deadly, but it's an all-consuming strain, highly contagious, possibly life changing... definitely puts all things in perspective... all the rest as they say just falls by the wayside in comparison.

Just like many life-changing events you hear about, I found out by accident, and it wasn't even a doctor who noticed I had this. I was in Phoenix working with my scientists on a prototype for our machine, and they noticed something was different about me. I couldn't focus on the job at hand, i was distractable, distraught even, sweaty and clammy. They kept telling me to sit down and gave me water to drink but i knew what was wrong, or at least, how it had started. This morning I was relatively symptom-free, no more than an unusual fever which I had attributed to an errant forum post about a new car or something. Then just as i was trying to prepare for the important work day ahead, CJ called me. I know that's when i started feeling worse. He suggested I head over to the dealer to see something interesting he had waiting for me. I asked him what it was, he sent me a picture.. and right then, i could feel this overwhelming sense of weakness come over me, I was like 0-100 in like 5 seconds.. one second i was fine.. the next minute my mind was racing, spinning, I couldn't control it.

Anyway, i left my colleagues in the lab early, even on a sunday, I hate ducking out of work early. But I knew the cure for my ailment was maybe like 10 miles away over in Scottsdale. I grabbed the rental car while chugging water bottles in an attempt to pre-hydrate. I get there and the source of my problems was sitting there waiting for me.. all warmed up, mexico blue.. 2018 version with 5 stage traction control.

As Christopher Walken says: "Gentlemen, i have a FEVER.. and the only cure.. is more COW..... (BAC Mono) "

Now, my life has changed. like, nothing else matters. I may be done with Porsches.. everything feels like an obese pig with a sky-high COG. Whats the point of discussing anything which isn't her any longer. Nothing will ever feel as fast, as immediate in turn-in, as violent in acceleration, as immensely capable as to take a lifetime of skill to learn to cure my disease. I have a disease, it's called MONO.. BAC MONO, and yes, I may have to quarantine myself lest i infect anyone else.

I made a video.. I hope that the mere act of watching it doesn't affect anyone like it did me. But if it does, and if you feel ill also, you can come hang out with me, I'll put my arm around your shoulder and we can be sick together.

peace,

Alessandro

Last edited by CAlexio; 03-26-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:55 AM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ah, so you're the lucky fellow who snatched that up! Congrats! Looks like a blast!
Old 05-27-2018, 12:41 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

I fear you may be sick for a VERY long time Am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous
Old 06-03-2018, 10:14 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

i didn't think they were US road legal...
Old 12-01-2021, 09:15 PM
Dave.cassalia
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How has the Mono been?

I’m thinking of buying one, curious your experience with the mono (reliable? Crazy maintenance?)?

thanks.

Quick Reply: I think this may be goodbye... I have Mono.