OT: My Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 01:17 PM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Lusso

Could be a good move for the family.

Got a chance to test drive GTC4 Lusso recently. Salesman in front seat; and my 6’ tall teenage son sitting comfortably in the back seat. A funny thing happened on the test drive. We ran into three Hellcats entering the freeway in front of us. The Lusso put them all down at 167mph passing in a open left lane. The car felt like we were sitting in an Italian cafe; with a exotic v12 behind us of course. Fantastic automobile.

You can tell your friends when they ask why, “I just felt it is time to grow up a little”

GL!
Old 03-10-2018, 01:20 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

I saw a few GT4 Lussos at Cars on 5th last month...they are beautiful and nicer aesthetically vs the FF, IMO...interior is spectacular...but a lightly used FF can be had for "cheap" nowadays....I am also torn between my 458 and a getting a V12 FF or Lusso as I have GT4 and GT3 for summer DD and track....
Old 03-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 9 Posts

There’s a used Lusso on FerrariChat that seems like a pretty good deal: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...-miles.566611/

The deals will will continue to get better. If I were you I’d get a used one from your dealer and make a Pista allocation part of the deal. They will be building those cars for at least 2 years and you have the option to pass or defer. Never know what position you’ll be in a year or two and it’s always nice to have options.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:26 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
No Ferrari experience here. What I will say is that the 458 seems to be epic!! I don't think going the direction of a 4 seater fun car is a good approach. None of them will ever replace the 2 seater fun car. You will still lust for the real thing. Also Lusso is not practical for an easy strap a toddler in the back effort everyday.

I had similar thoughts and have a 2 year old and a newborn soon. I got an A6 TDI and I wish I got a SUV for more daily practicality with car seats etc. Toddler seats are huge!! So instead I am keeping and buying fun 2 seater cars and will trade my A6 for SUV. My time will be more limited than currently soon and will enjoy the 2 seat fun when I can and have true daily practicality.
I agree but have the RS for 2 seat fun.....and honestly that gives me more than enough....

The Lusso would be a weekend "fun" car I can enjoy with the kids....definitely strapping them in would be a little bit of a chore but worth it IMO.....And as suggested above I'll look at an FF but like the visuals of a Lusso much more......the FF's are very reasonably priced though.....
Old 03-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Not sure and not a lot of interest in it to be honest....would rather have a Speciale.....regardless would look for a 1 year old car as they seem to depreciate about 20% year 1......
Funny. I was stuck on the various Lusso threads on fchat last night for more than an hour!
Old 03-10-2018, 01:33 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,117 Likes on 730 Posts

I agree but have the RS for 2 seat fun.....and honestly that gives me more than enough....

The Lusso would be a weekend "fun" car I can enjoy with the kids....definitely strapping them in would be a little bit of a chore but worth it IMO.....And as suggested above I'll look at an FF but like the visuals of a Lusso much more......the FF's are very reasonably priced though.....
Cool! Didn't realize the RS was the peak for you in terms of fun. I had assumed the 458 offered you another world of experiences.

In this case you have my blessing

from outside looking in I preferred the looks of the FF but the Lusso vids I've watched make it sound amazing too.

I'm waiting for booster seat age to take out my daughter which will work with what I currently have for fun cars. She loves cars so far!

If GT3 or RS comes in it'll be many years till either will be able to ride.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Chris Harris just posted a review of the Lusso. He liked it a lot more than the FF.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:37 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

This is a good deal...comes from with warranty. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6986/overview/
Old 03-10-2018, 01:38 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Chris Harris just posted a review of the Lusso. He liked it a lot more than the FF.
Yes have watched a bunch of reviews already.....they seem very positive in performance, fun, and practicality....

And SToronto, the 458 is definitely another experience vs the RS.....not necessarily better, just different......there's nothing quite like a mid engine NA V8.....

Thanks rich, that looks nice and well priced.....I'm definitely going to look at FF's
Old 03-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

This car is insanely tempting.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...ptions.570095/

Old 03-10-2018, 01:42 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,117 Likes on 730 Posts

And SToronto, the 458 is definitely another experience vs the RS.....not necessarily better, just different......there's nothing quite like a mid engine NA V8.....
Then I would ask....

what is that experience worth?
Will you miss that?
Can it be replaced with something else later? Will the Lusso/FF be able to live up?
Old 03-10-2018, 01:50 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I could never do a car with a red interior.....way too loud for me...

Originally Posted by SToronto
Then I would ask....
what is that experience worth?
Will you miss that?
Can it be replaced with something else later? Will the Lusso/FF be able to live up?
I will miss but lived it for 6 years dating back to my Scud.....I don't know if the Lusso will live up to the V8 but at least I'll use it a lot more.....that in it of itself is likely worth it....
Old 03-10-2018, 02:10 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

sheeesh - you bummed me out with the sheer thought of ditching your gorgeous 458

good luck pal!
Old 03-10-2018, 02:22 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Having something fun for the kids is a great idea, something I can relate to being in the backseat of my father's old 911s when I was a kid

I actually like the looks of the FF more than the Lusso and you'd take much less of a hit upfront and over the next handful years I'd wager.. Tough to see the 458 go, one of my favorite Ferraris of all time actually

4 seater sports car is a tough segment outside of the 911, unless you are open to sedans like E63/M5/Panamera etc..
Old 03-11-2018, 10:06 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

^^^Agreed. Anything that allows you to include the kids is worth the money IMHO. My next purchase will be a Simcraft Apex 4 so that the kids can safely develop the bug in a Mom approved manner!!

Quick Reply: OT: My Dilemma