Notices

Mercedes AMG GT Coupé 4door

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 12:20 AM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

They all seem so ridiculous to me. Rather have something like the new A5/S5 4 door lift back thing and just save a boat load of cash in the process
Old 03-08-2018, 12:28 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

I can't stand Mercedes these days. Lost all styling direction so they just rip off everyone else (sad, for the oldest carmaker in the world). They're so on Porsche's nutts. First, the GT coupe looks like a front engined 911-meets-Jaguar ripoff, now this AMG GT sedan looks like an odd-proportioned, hideously haphazard Panamera with giant tacky "Stars" stuck onto it.

That front grille in particular looks like some gaudy third party EBay fare. I wonder if its star will "glow" too.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:29 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I'll see that M8 and raise you one...

The Fisker is the best design IMO for a 4 door by far. It's a shame it did not happen really.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:35 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,770 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
The Fisker is the best design IMO for a 4 door by far. It's a shame it spends more time on a flat-bed than on the road.
FIFY
Old 03-08-2018, 12:41 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Haha, very true. We are talking designs here, you know
BTW what makes it look so good partially at least is extremely long wheelbase because of which the turning radius for the Fisker was similar to a Limo
Old 03-08-2018, 01:16 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,770 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Originally Posted by gearboxtrouble
The M6 Gran Coupe is gorgeous and the M8 might be the best looking 4dr I've ever seen.

Don't about ever.

But the M8 Grand Coupe is stunning.

Lets hope the production model doesn't stray far from this concept, or at all.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:22 PM
fastcars914
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jnolan
The GT R is an AMG designed car, and from their public statements it is obvious they set a goal of beating the GT3 with this car. It’s a pretty impressive achievement and when you get under the skin of the car a lot of really interesting observations come to light, starting with the engine placement. The long front clip of the car gives away the fact that this is a front-mid engine configuration with the mass of the V-8 well behind the front axle.

The CLS is an E class platform with a different body, but like the rest of the E class, it is an executive-class car that is not suitable for the track despite outfitting it with a lot of really cool bits-and-bobbles.

When I bought my GTS last year I seriously considered the AMG GT R, but I already have an E63S and wanted something different. Also helping my decision was the screaming deal I got on a well appointed GTS.
I didn't know either of those things, thanks for mentioning them (not sarcasm)! I personally quite like the looks of the GT R, but I'm not sure how driver focused it is when compared to other sports cars.

Originally Posted by gearboxtrouble
So, so, so ugly. Its so overdesigned compared to the BMW M8 Gran Coupe (I know stupid name) revealed at the same autoshow. I've never been a fan of Mercedes' design language. It works ok on the larger sedans like the E class and the S class but everything else seems to be cursed by odd proportions and weird rear ends. BMW does these kinds of cars so much better. The M6 Gran Coupe is gorgeous and the M8 might be the best looking 4dr I've ever seen.

I'm a big fan of the previous generation of MBZ's (the generation just before the most recent redesign). Some of my favourites were the CLS 63, S-Class, and SL-Class. Unfortunately the redesigns of all of those models has just killed their appeal to me. The new CLS looks horrid, the S-Class has lost some of its luxury/wealth look and now looks more pedestrian, and the SL simply is disproportional. I've never been a big fan of the BMW designs in general, but I do like the M4's and M6 Coupé's. The new M8 is just jaw dropping! I can't wait to see what the Coupé version looks like!
Old 03-13-2018, 05:22 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I quite like the new 4 door GT in pics, have to see it in person...

Quick Reply: Mercedes AMG GT Coupé 4door