Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Why do people say no sunroof? CA cars all out here have a sunroof in the builds
Old 03-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Why do people say no sunroof? CA cars all out here have a sunroof in the builds
Some problems have been reported.... plus, to me, I prefer the rigidity of a fixed roof and no worries about leaks/rattles and it's also lighter. This beast is already a heavy **** anyway.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/...of-leak-52053/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9U...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Todeshandler
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I live in Los Angeles and ordered mine from a dealer in Texas for sticker and did a courtesy delivery to my local deal for $350. Agreed no sunroof is a must as is 802a and tech package. As for brakes both Brembo (what I have) and Alcon have 4 wheels brake packages. I went with the ADD/FullRace upgraded radiator, intercooler and trans cooler. Overheating is the next weak link after the suspension for towing. Deaver rear leaf springs are an absolute must no matter what you intend to use the Raptor for. Rides better, tows better and gets rid of axle wrap/wheel hop not to mention gives you more travel and performance offroad when coupled with a rear hydro bump stop stepup.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:39 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todeshandler
I live in Los Angeles and ordered mine from a dealer in Texas for sticker and did a courtesy delivery to my local deal for $350. Agreed no sunroof is a must as is 802a and tech package. As for brakes both Brembo (what I have) and Alcon have 4 wheels brake packages. I went with the ADD/FullRace upgraded radiator, intercooler and trans cooler. Overheating is the next weak link after the suspension for towing. Deaver rear leaf springs are an absolute must no matter what you intend to use the Raptor for. Rides better, tows better and gets rid of axle wrap/wheel hop not to mention gives you more travel and performance offroad when coupled with a rear hydro bump stop stepup.
Mind PM'ing me your dealer contact?
Old 03-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Birel22
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered mine for MSRP from Covert Ford in Austin.... Ask for Wendell Tanner. I believe he has a couple builds available if you want to get one exactly the way you want. Tell him Grant sent you.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:59 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Birel22
I ordered mine for MSRP from Covert Ford in Austin.... Ask for Wendell Tanner. I believe he has a couple builds available if you want to get one exactly the way you want. Tell him Grant sent you.
Good to hear, they wanted +10k last year. It's a Ford truck after all, they'll build however many will sell.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:37 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,347 Likes on 792 Posts

Got ours for MSRP too.

Jessica Iuppa
Genesee Valley Ford
1675 Interstate Drive
Avon, NY 14414
(585) 226-2600
(585) 226-0535
www.geneseevalley.com

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 03-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

^Oooh, nice! I haven't seen a Race Red Raptor in person yet. Btw I also got mine at sticker but I had to go out of state.... south FL dealers asks over sticker for any high demand Ford Performance vehicles.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:46 PM
cashed
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default raptor

Best truck I've ever owned. Opt'd for the sunroof, and I haven't had any problems.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:57 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Good luck on the new raptor purchase.

I can't comment on the new one but my '13 6.2l Crew cab is the best pickup I have ever owned. I drove the new Raptor and it is a more capable vehicle in many ways but I have decided I like my 13 so much I will drive it until it blows up. 62k miles and not a thing to concern myself with other than the backup camera going bad. I have front parking sensors which do help in tight spaces I don't see why the surround cameras are needed. I have them in my Macan and find them more of a distraction. Also my replacement camera was wholesale $850 just for the camera and not covered under warranty. I can only imagine having to replace all of them.

As far as towing, i've had no complaints. The front travel will dive a bit under extreme braking but when towing you need to drive like your on the track looking far ahead. Even under Oh **** braking no problems and no fade. I towed my turbo with a rather heavy rented enclosed trailer last year down to Werks at Amelia. All in trailer was at around 6300+ pounds and was one of the best towing experiences I have ever had. Far better than my previous Chevy and Dodge pickups and better than my 04 Cayenne TT. It didn't even notice it was back there.

The thing I like the best other than being able to drive over whatever I need to is the ride quality. It reminds me of my fathers 60's and 70's Cadillac's. A little floaty but handles small and large ruts and bumps the same unlike my other pickups which got tossed around.

They do take some time getting used to the width. Kind of like a dually that is as wide up front as the rear. Once you get the feel it is easy and best yet when your towing you know if the front makes it so will everything else.

Since 13 there have been a lot of great trucks introduced or changes made. I haven't driven any other than the 18 raptor but you should have a blast with it and most likely will find yourself off roading even if yo never had interest before.

When at Amelia last year my friend had a 2500 and there was literally no parking he had to take the one spot allotted us and could never have jumped the curb. The raptor barely noticed it was there. No doubt the new one should be a piece of cake.

BTW some damn fine looking trucks everyone.

PSS: One thing I found is that the Raptor community is it is not much different than the 911's of years ago. Everyone flashes or waves when they see you in theirs.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:01 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

This has turned into an epic post - everyone has raptors!
Old 03-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I love the raptor but I think it’s too big to make sense. I’d want to take it on trails if I got one, but a smaller Wrangler would probably be a lot better at getting around obstacles. If you’re not taking it off road, it just seems like a less efficient truck (admittedly one that looks super cool).
Old 03-05-2018, 05:07 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I love the raptor but I think it’s too big to make sense. I’d want to take it on trails if I got one, but a smaller Wrangler would probably be a lot better at getting around obstacles. If you’re not taking it off road, it just seems like a less efficient truck (admittedly one that looks super cool).
It is a bit wide and i have scratches on my fender flairs from off road use but it is a truck after all.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:12 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

For off roading the Toyota Tacoma is one of the best options. It's a very light and nimble truck and almost 2 feet shorter in length than any full size pickups
Old 03-05-2018, 05:23 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Raptor tow limit is 8,000

Originally Posted by A418t81
I have an 18. Absolutely fantastic truck. I bought it just to have it around as my truck, but liked it so much it became my DD and I sold the M3 I had for those duties. With a little suspension work, it can tow just like a regular F150 3.5 which is 10K+ lbs.

Engine makes great power stock. Literally runs circles around the old 6.2. Mine is now flashed and gained 75 whp and 80 wtq over stock. The way this thing accelerates to 90-100 is hysterical for something so huge.
Ford quoted tow limit on the Raptors is 8,000 pounds.

With towing it's nice to be able to pull a decent load with room to spare, but stability and braking is the more important part.

Toyota Taco is a great light truck, but I think the weight limit for towing has been bumped up to 6400 pounds on the 2018 models.

Quick Reply: OT: Anyone here have a Raptor?