Notices

Tesla is disruptive

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 11:57 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ Thanks for that graph.. yup "disruptive" is right....the 2018 Lexus LS 500 and 500h just arrived and will be sold later this month...

I love the Novitec package for the Model S.. we teamed up with the wheel for it, the forged NV2.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:55 AM
Elton27
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can advise this list of cars, this is my personal selection of impressive supercars.
Tesla Model S P100D
Hennessey Venom GT
Bugatti Chiron
Koenigsegg CCR
Saleen S7
Pagani Huayra BC
Apollo Arrow
Lamborghini Veneno
McLaren P1
Ferrari LaFerrari
Porsche 918 Spyder

I have decided everything for a long time and as an eco-movement activist I prefer electric cars, but this does not mean that I do not like comfort and fast driving. My weakness is a car massager , and I would like to know what bells and whistles you apply for yourself. Plasma, tablet, subwoofer or?
Old 02-28-2018, 07:58 PM
RRDnA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Elton27
I have decided everything for a long time and as an eco-movement activist I prefer electric cars, but this does not mean that I do not like comfort and fast driving. My weakness is a car massager , and I would like to know what bells and whistles you apply for yourself. Plasma, tablet, subwoofer or?
As an eco activist why would you drive a 2.2 tonne EV when you could drive a Chevy Bolt which weighs in at 1.6 tonne. A light car is much more energy efficient. You need less in the way of batteries, less metal, less plastic, a lower number of solar panels, lower number of power walls etc and even if you had to charge off the grid, you would use less fossil fuel generated electricity to top off.

If you are serious buy a bolt.

Your list of performance cars is impressive - you should add the Focus ST to that list. Why? because the P85D was a massive 0.2 seconds faster than the Focus ST at VIR (in a test conducted by Car and Driver). The P100D is a one trick pony as a "performance car", why because its not a performance car.

Originally Posted by urbanscribe
On that point here are a snapshot before the year end numbers come in.

You jest - the Tesla Model S in terms of fit and finish is worse than something like Mazda 6. The Mazda 6 really does have better panel gap at 1/4 the price. There is no comparison between any Tesla I have personally sat in and a S class MB for example.

Last quarter Tesla made yet another monumental loss $3B and yet again failed to meet guidance.

Last edited by RRDnA; 02-28-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:01 AM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had some time with the new Model 3 and it was pretty damn good. Nice weighty steering feel. Looks so much better with a drop/larger wheels....

​​​​​​
Old 03-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeF_Vossen

In Europe I believe the Model S is the only selling car in its class and it has put a hurt on most everything in the USA not Panamera or S-class...
FTFY. As an EV, it has zero competition in its class, so comparing it on sales volume to ICE sedans is meaningless. Five years from now, when there are 10-15 competitive EV sedans out there, if Tesla is still #1, that will be impressive.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by RRDnA
You jest - the Tesla Model S in terms of fit and finish is worse than something like Mazda 6. The Mazda 6 really does have better panel gap at 1/4 the price. There is no comparison between any Tesla I have personally sat in and a S class MB for example.

Last quarter Tesla made yet another monumental loss $3B and yet again failed to meet guidance.
GTFO here with your facts! How dare you bring reality into the discussion!

Seriously, I recently had the chance to inspect a bunch of Model 3s in person. The car was actually better looking in person than in pictures, though the wheel spacing and drop were goofy. But the panel gaps were awful and that slapped on ipad screen really looks terrible. They really should integrate that better.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:57 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Penn4S
How did it sound?

Just kidding.
HAHAHAHAHA! I was talking to someone yesterday who owns a Tesla MS and he said he was worried the brand was going to go the way of the dodo. I mentioned that one risk was this "cult of one" and wouldn't that be true irony should the founder be run over by one of his cars because he didn't hear it coming...
Old 05-21-2018, 07:21 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 213 Posts

I am short Tesla and will cover when Musk becomes an honest person.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:51 PM
zxt
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an X p90d and it accelerates almost as fast as my .2 tts. handles really well especially for an suv, it handles better than my gle63. at first i didn't want one because i thought it would be boring to get an electric car but after driving the X i was sold, now that i daily one i don't think i could ever drive another car as a daily driver. used to have an s class for daily driving but from now on it would be a tesla for daily driving and a gas powered super car for the weekend.

Quick Reply: Tesla is disruptive