Notices

Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2017

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 10:53 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by M.Delaney
I just stumbled on this thread as I desperately try to pack in as many C&C's before the end of the Summer.
Would love to join you all. What time does this get going down there at Moose Cafe?
We start at 9:30. Looking forward to meeting you.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 08-18-2017, 01:32 PM
M.Delaney
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino944
We start at 9:30. Looking forward to meeting you.

Best regards,
Dino
Perfect. Thanks for the info. I'll see you all there. My name is Wade and I drive an '86 3.2 Carrera.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:01 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by M.Delaney
Perfect. Thanks for the info. I'll see you all there. My name is Wade and I drive an '86 3.2 Carrera.
Hi Wade,

I love 911s from the 1980s! Actually, all of our attendees are big fans of air cooled 911s. Looking forward to seeing your Carrera and meeting you on Sunday!

Best regards,
Dino
Old 08-18-2017, 03:46 PM
M.Delaney
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Wade,

I love 911s from the 1980s! Actually, all of our attendees are big fans of air cooled 911s. Looking forward to seeing your Carrera and meeting you on Sunday!

Best regards,
Dino
Great to hear there a bunch of Air-Cooled P-cars fans in the group. Looking forward to it. I've been checking out the pics from past events. Holy smokes. What a great mix.

For anyone one interested I have an Instagram feed that is stocked with pics I have taken at C&C events, lawn events and races. Just search for the profile 86_flatsix onInstagram.

See you Sunday!
Old 08-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Thank you for joining us on Sunday. We had great weather and a great turn out! Plenty of our regulars were there, Dan, Hans & Barbara, Noah, Dwayne, Will & Sarah, Ray, Ed, Bill, Gilles, Mike S, Steve (986), Lee, Shamous & Liam, Patrick, Bob, Ron & Stephanie, and Nick & Brittney.

Tim and Dave joined us again and we also had some new attendees, Wade, Billy & Beth, Chris, and a few others I didn't get a chance to meet (several S2000 owners, Vette owners and M3 owner).

I look forward to catching up with you guys again soon. Our next meet meet will be September 3rd.

Best regards,
Dino

below are a few photos from Sunday.

First TVR I've seen in a long time. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet the owner.
Congrats to Ron & Stephanie for n their beautiful new silver Carrera Cabriolet!

Dave needed help getting his Carrera started, but with a few helpers he got it going. Hopefully, he made it home without any other issues.
Classic 80's Carrera with a whale tail
Old 08-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Archer911
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much for organizing this meet Dino. You car was exemplary and there were so many cool cars and drivers there.

So funny you got a shot of us pushing Dave's 911 and yes he did make it home OK.

Looking forward to the next meet.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by Archer911
Thanks so much for organizing this meet Dino. You car was exemplary and there were so many cool cars and drivers there.

So funny you got a shot of us pushing Dave's 911 and yes he did make it home OK.

Looking forward to the next meet.
Hey Tim,

Always nice catching up with you. I'm glad you guys had a good time, and thank you for the kind words about my car. Hopefully, seeing a few of the engine details on mine will be helpful to you going forward and sorting your car.

Actually, one of the guys helping you push Dave's car asked me to take a photo of you guys giving Dave a push start, as he thought it would be an amusing photo. I'm glad Dave made it home without any other issues.

Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Dino
Old 08-29-2017, 12:50 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, September 3rd, at the Moose Cafe in Tiverton, RI. The weather forecast is a bit iffy, but I will keep an eye on it. If we need to cancel, it will be posted here by 7:30 on Sunday morning.

See you guys there.
Best regards,
Dino
Old 08-29-2017, 05:12 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Tim,

Always nice catching up with you. I'm glad you guys had a good time, and thank you for the kind words about my car. Hopefully, seeing a few of the engine details on mine will be helpful to you going forward and sorting your car.

Actually, one of the guys helping you push Dave's car asked me to take a photo of you guys giving Dave a push start, as he thought it would be an amusing photo. I'm glad Dave made it home without any other issues.

Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Dino
Did somebody delete starter and battery for weight reasons?

Love that cafe. Nice to be there again this Sunday.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by squid42
Did somebody delete starter and battery for weight reasons?

Love that cafe. Nice to be there again this Sunday.

Welcome back Martin,

I think that car had the rare factory option - "Intermittent starter."

See you Sunday.
Best regards,
Dino
Old 09-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, today's meet is cancelled due to the weather. I will let you know the date of our next meet soon. Hope you all have a nice Labor Day weekend.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 09-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Our next meet will be September 24th. I will post a reminder and details the week before the meet.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 09-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Hey Guys,

Just a quick reminder that our next meet is this Sunday, September 24th at the Moose Cafe in Tiverton. See you guys there.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 09-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Our next meet will be on October 15th. On October 15th the Newport Car Museum (actually located at 1847 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI) will be having a German Car Day. See the link below. If you have not been there, its a really nice museum, with I believe 40-50 cars, driving simulators, some videos running in the background regarding some of the cars on display. If you drive a German car there, you will get a $3 dollar discount on admission (regular admission price I believe is $18 per person). It seems they will also have a specific area for German cars to park. If you haven't been before their parking lot is gigantic (and you can certainly drive there in a non German car and attend). The museum itself is open from 10am to 6 PM, so stay as long as you like.

https://newportcarmuseum.org/event/german-car-day/

If anyone is interested, we could either meet at the old Taunton location and drive there, or at the Moose Cafe in Tiverton and then drive there. Its only about a 30-40 minute drive from Taunton and maybe a 15-20 minute drive from the Moose Cafe. Just wondered if some people might like to have a brief drive together and/or park together. If anyone wants to meet up first and drive there in a group please PM or email me and I will let you know what time and where we will meet for the drive. If I do not hear from you I will presume you will just meet us at the museum. This may be the final event of the season depending on weather. Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
Dino

Below are a few photos from our last meet.

Last edited by Dino944; 09-30-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Our next C&C will be this Sunday, October 15th, and it will be a bit different than our previous meets. As I mentioned in a previous post/email, this is Sunday is German Car Day at the Newport Car Museum (which is located at 1847 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI). So for our Cars & Coffee meet we will go to German Car Day at the Newport Car Museum. For those who emailed that they want want to meet up and drive there together, we will be meeting at 8:45 AM at our old Taunton Starbucks location (65 Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA) and then departing at 9:00 AM, so that we can arrive and get the cars parked a little before German Car Day starts. Feel free to meet up at the Museum if the drive isn't convenient for you. German car day is from 10 AM to 12 PM, and there will be a parking area for German cars, but the Museum is open all day from 10AM to 6 PM. If you bring a German car you get a $3 reduction in the price of admission to the Museum (its normally $18). If you wear lederhosen, admission is free.

This may be one of our last meets of the season, so if you are free Sunday morning please come out and join us before many of the toys get put away for the winter.

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sunday.
Best regards,
Dino

Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2017