Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ryguy993
I will be there for sure!
Excellent! See you there.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Twodan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Tell Jill she can drive and she'll be there Christmas Eve! Hope to be there but need to check out the pat's schedule.
Dan
Old 10-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by Twodan
Tell Jill she can drive and she'll be there Christmas Eve! Hope to be there but need to check out the pat's schedule.
Dan
Jill can drive anytime & anywhere she wants to on Christmas Eve....provided its in the Subie or MB : p

Looking forward to catching up soon.
Best regards,
Dino
Old 10-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming out for our last meet of the season. I know a few people had to work, and others have cars getting repaired before putting them away for the season. Still it was great to get the cars out for one final meet. I look forward to meeting up again in the Spring of 2014. We will definitely do a drive in early May 2014. The guy who helped me with our drive last year has his 996 Turbo back after an engine rebuild, and he is looking forward to helping with another drive in the Spring. I will start a new post for our Taunton Meets in spring...but if anyone wants to make sure they get notified when we start meeting again or if you want me to forward info for drive in May (once its planned), just PM me your email address if I do not already have it. I promise I won't sell your email address to any junk mail/spam sites...unless you become a wise a$$ and ask for it

We had a terrific group of attendees this year, and and I wish you and all your families a great rest of the year and a very happy holiday season. See you guys in the spring.
Best regards,
Dino
A few pix from today

Old 01-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino944
Excellent! See you there.
Dino, did you get your new car yet? Also, when is the next "Cars & Coffee in Taunton"? I'm heading back in April.
Charlie
Old 01-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by Charlie C
Dino, did you get your new car yet? Also, when is the next "Cars & Coffee in Taunton"? I'm heading back in April.
Charlie
Hi Charlie,

Happy New Year. The new car has arrived. Its actually up at Unique getting a clear bra on the full front, rocker panels and behind the rear wheels. I met with Rick today to take care of a few things, and as soon as they finish with the car it will get trucked down to my house (I don't want to drive it on our freshly salted/sanded roads). Jill and I are very excited about the car.

I haven't checked a calendar yet to schedule our first C&C meet of 2014, but if the weather cooperates I think we will start again in April. Looking forward to catching up when you return.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 01-19-2014, 12:38 AM
kev_song
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dino,

What did you finally get?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by kev_song
Dino,

What did you finally get?
Hi Kevin,

Its a new 981 Cayman S. I think I told you previously, the Porsche Roadshow event made quite an impression on us, or I should say particularly Jill. By that Monday morning following the show she was already emailing me things about new Porsches. I chose the performance options such as PASM, PTV, Sport Chrono, 20" Alloys, and 6 spd MT...and Jill worked on the color combinations (although I did have a vote in that).

Hope to catch up in the spring...so you can see the effects of your influence.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 01-20-2014, 10:10 AM
kev_song
Instructor

Sorry. I should have told you being friends with me is expensive. I can't wait to see it. I ordered a 991 TTS Cab. So I should have it for the 1st get together. Unless I chicken out and not pull the trigger it should be there.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino944
Hi Kevin,

Its a new 981 Cayman S. I think I told you previously, the Porsche Roadshow event made quite an impression on us, or I should say particularly Jill. By that Monday morning following the show she was already emailing me things about new Porsches. I chose the performance options such as PASM, PTV, Sport Chrono, 20" Alloys, and 6 spd MT...and Jill worked on the color combinations (although I did have a vote in that).

Hope to catch up in the spring...so you can see the effects of your influence.

Best regards,
Dino
I thought for sure you'd go for the drop top Boxster. You'll have to tell me your impressions of the Cayman vs. the Boxster. Some have said it's louder or boomier in the cabin.

However when I drove one at the Porsche World Roadshow, I was blown away with the handling, but of course there was no Boxster available to do a side by side comparison.

Can't wait to see it!
Wishing you and your wife the best in the new car!
Charlie
Old 01-21-2014, 02:23 AM
smokestack20
Instructor

Wow! A couple new Porsches to check out at C&C this Spring. Both very interesting cars.

I can't wait to see'em.

Ken
Old 01-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by kev_song
Sorry. I should have told you being friends with me is expensive. I can't wait to see it. I ordered a 991 TTS Cab. So I should have it for the 1st get together. Unless I chicken out and not pull the trigger it should be there.
Hi Kevin,

We got a new car with your influence....so now you have to get a new car too! Either that or you owe me a coffee Just kidding. You already have a great car so I wish you luck with whatever you decide.

Originally Posted by Charlie C
I thought for sure you'd go for the drop top Boxster. You'll have to tell me your impressions of the Cayman vs. the Boxster. Some have said it's louder or boomier in the cabin.

However when I drove one at the Porsche World Roadshow, I was blown away with the handling, but of course there was no Boxster available to do a side by side comparison.

Can't wait to see it!
Wishing you and your wife the best in the new car!
Charlie
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope I haven't offended my drop top driving brethren by going all coupe on you guys. Perhaps I can still hang with you guys since our 328 is a Targa?

We extensively test drove new Boxster S and Cayman S models back to back. It was a tough choice, but on some level I really preferred the looks and the driving experience on the Cayman S. Both are great cars. I think some really good summaries of each are in Chris Harris's video road tests of the new/current Boxster S and Cayman S.

As for the sound when inside the car its simply trading one sound for another. With the Boxster you get some wind noise, with the Cayman you get more engine and mechanical sounds, as you don't have the wind noise to compete with it. Each have a health dose of exhaust sound particularly if equipped with PSE. In the end, the new Boxster and new Cayman are both fantastic, so anyone buying either one is going to feel like a winner after enjoying some open roads in one.

Looking forward to catching up and giving you some ownership impressions once I've had a chance to put a few miles on the car.
Best regards,
Dino
Old 03-19-2014, 05:51 PM
kev_song
Instructor

Dino...its official. I finally lost my mind and signed for the TTS Cab today. When's the 1st C&C? You'll have to buy me the coffee though. I have no money left over.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hahaha...Kevin, that made my day. It's nice to hear Jill & I weren't the only people crazy enough to purchase a new Porsches as a result of you, the Roadshow, and the influence of our Taunton C&C crew. Congrats my friend. Sure, I'll be glad to buy you a coffee.

I haven't officially chosen a first C&C date. This time of year its tricky with the weather still being cold in the mornings. Some of our regulars may step outside, find its under 40 degrees and choose to go back to bed rather than brave the cold. If I get some input that people would definitely still come out even if its chilly, then maybe the end of this month or beginning of April. Trust me I'm dying to take our new Cayman out. It got delivered to our house in an enclosed trailer and just has delivery miles on it. I've kept it covered so that temptation wouldn't get the best of me while we still had lots of salt and sand on the roads.

Best regards,
Dino

Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2013