Notices

Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

No worries Steve. I look forward to catching up with you again soon.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 05-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming out today. As usual, its always good seeing some of our regulars (Dan & Frank), and it was great meeting some new people (Ken, Alex, and Bob). Hope you guys had a great morning will join us again soon. I think our next C&C will be the first Sunday in June. Ken, I'll be sure to bring the 328 when I know you will be there.

Here are a few pix from today.
See you guys soon.
Best regards,
Dino

Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM
smokestack20
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dino,

Good to get together with people of common interest.

Nice pics! The cars.... I like'em all! Interesting that all the Porsches were "soft top".

I'll try and get my two buddys w/ boxsters to come out at the next meet. (of course that would leave our town Porsche-less )

I'll be watching for the next posted date.

Later Ken
ps Dan, I like the 991 a lot.... Unfortunately that will likely cost me $$$$ in the future!
Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Twodan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dino, Bob & I enjoyed the people, weather & cars. Looks like Jill and the 981 were a match. Standard shift lessons look to be in her future. maybe Sue could teach her some Sunday after a C&C. the girls could tool around while we sipped a brew or two. See you June 2nd.
Dan
Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by smokestack20
Dino,

Good to get together with people of common interest.

I'll try and get my two buddys w/ boxsters to come out at the next meet. (of course that would leave our town Porsche-less )

I'll be watching for the next posted date.
Later Ken
Ken great meeting. The Yellow on Blue was a very unexpected and cool color combo. Definitely feel free to leave your town Porsche-less for the morning and bring your Boxster Buddies with you. Driving to any destination is always more fun in a bunch of Porsches. The next C&C date is going to be June 2nd.
Dino

Originally Posted by Twodan
Dino, Bob & I enjoyed the people, weather & cars. Looks like Jill and the 981 were a match. Standard shift lessons look to be in her future. maybe Sue could teach her some Sunday after a C&C. the girls could tool around while we sipped a brew or two. See you June 2nd.
Dan
Hi Dan, yes Jill did like the 981S a lot. It would be great if Sue could give Jill a few driving lessons...it will certainly help preserve our marriage See you on June 2nd.
Dino
Old 05-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next C&C will be Sunday, June 2nd. Looking forward to catching up. Jill can't be there that day, but I'll let you guys know the next time she will be there in case others want to bring wives/girlfriends etc to the next one.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 05-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Twodan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dino, just spotted two Mass members on the forum tonight as I was crusing the headings. I informed the two of our get together this Sunday. Possibly two new attendees......see ya Sunday.
Dan
Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Excellent Dan! You can never have too many Porsche owners at C&C !!!
Thanks for spreading the word and I look forward to seeing you Sunday.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 05-31-2013, 01:06 AM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Dino
I know I am a newbie to the C&C, and I hope I am not out of line here but do you guys ever meet in a more scenic spot, like on the coast some where? Anyway just a thought. I am in a quandary as to whether I am going to attend the AutoX in Hartford or join you guys at C&C. I have to be back in town for my daughters engagement party at around 2 so the Auto X may not work out.
Cheers-Steve
Old 05-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by meteor10
Hey Dino
I know I am a newbie to the C&C, and I hope I am not out of line here but do you guys ever meet in a more scenic spot, like on the coast some where?
Cheers-Steve
Hi Steve,

Last year we did a group drive down a bunch of scenic back roads of RI into CT, and had lunch at the Vanilla Bean Cafe, which was a lot of fun. Hopefully, once everyone has their cars sorted for the season we can maybe do another drive or two this summer and fall.

As for our current meeting point, it was chosen as its seemed to be a midway point for the several of regular attendees coming from MA and RI, and there is plenty of parking. Also since we all know the area is ok, it takes no planning.

I'm always open to suggestions, whether its from a newbie or one of our "usual suspects." Choosing a more scenic destination on occasion, requires a little planning. We need to make sure that the destination has enough parking for several good cars, no bad inclines/speed bumps to damage spoilers, and that the main route for the drive there or back isn't going to be plagued with tourist traffic and/or construction. (previously, I attended a C&C someone set up at a location that was the size of a postage stamp, access in an out of the lot as bad and parking was terrible. So someone would have to scout out a location). We also have to be certain this is enough interest in going to a scenic C&C destination. If you (or anyone else) have some suggestions please PM me.

I would think it might make sense to do it as a day's activity with a separate post for the Scenic C&C, maybe with a drive to the destination, and with a sign up sheet so that we know people are interested in going to destination Z.

Also, if it makes for a more entertaining drive to our current location, I'm open to meeting any of our RI or MA attendees that live south of Taunton prior to C&C and driving to the Taunton location as a group. Sometimes driving as a bunch of Porsche (or other cool cars) can add to the fun.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 05-31-2013, 05:16 PM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Dino
All very good points you've raised about C&C locations. I can see after some more careful thought your reasons for your current meeting place. I would love to do some scouting for a scenic C&C in the future, but I have been wanting to try an Auto X and this Sunday may work out for me to try one, still somewhat up in the air. If I don't go I'll be in Taunton for sure.
Steve
Old 05-31-2013, 05:27 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Steve,

A scenic location is always a nice idea. It takes a bit of planning, but can be a lot of fun and well worth the effort. Scout out some locations, shoot me a PM with some ideas, and we can try to put something together for a future C&C event.

No worries about Sunday, whatever you decide have fun.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 06-02-2013, 12:03 AM
ryguy993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dino,
I will see all of you guys tomorrow for sure. It will be good to see everyone since last year!

Regards,
Ryan
Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Sounds great Ryan. Looking forward to catching up and seeing your beautiful 993C4S!

Best regards,
Dino
Old 06-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hey Guys,

Thanks for coming out today. The weather was absolutely perfect and I hope everyone had a great drive to and from today's meet. Ryan, glad you were able to join us again, the C4S sounds great with the new exhaust! Great catching up with the everyone, Dan, Adam, Alex, Ryan, Rob and Ken x 2. I think next time we should all wear name tags that say Ken...just to make the name thing easier on newbies!

Our next C&C will be on June 30th. We have a few weeks off for Father's Day/German Car Day, and British Car Day at Larz Anderson. Besides this will give Yellow 997S Ken time to work on his E-Type so he can bring it to a future C&C (no pressure, it doesn't have to be ready for the next C&C as we know you will be battling with the Evil Mr. Lucas).

Below are a just a few quick pix from today...another Ferrari showed up as many of you had to head out. Hopefully, he will make it a bit earlier next time.

Best regards,
Dino

Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2013