Notices

Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 PM
porsche951
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think with this winter being one of most miserable (at least lingering) in recent memory I think many of us will embrace a 40+ degree day and come on out.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:59 AM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche951
I think with this winter being one of most miserable (at least lingering) in recent memory I think many of us will embrace a 40+ degree day and come on out.
Thats for sure, I couldn't take it any more, so I uncovered the Boxster and recommisioned so to speak, and took it out of the garage for a nice long drive yesterday. Of course it is not a spankin' brand new car so not quite as precious, but the roads were dry and the sun was out so why not. That new GTS has got me stirred up though as I have been wanting to move up to an S model, but I must say that after every time I drive my Boxster I ask my self why would I need a new one when I have a great car thats PAID FOR!
I guess it's the Porsche owner disease.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche951
Originally Posted by meteor10
Thats for sure, I couldn't take it any more, so I uncovered the Boxster and recommisioned so to speak, and took it out of the garage for a nice long drive yesterday. Of course it is not a spankin' brand new car so not quite as precious, but the roads were dry and the sun was out so why not. That new GTS has got me stirred up though as I have been wanting to move up to an S model, but I must say that after every time I drive my Boxster I ask my self why would I need a new one when I have a great car thats PAID FOR!
I guess it's the Porsche owner disease.
Gents,

I am certainly looking forward to starting C&Cs up again, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for warmer weather. Remember, at this time of year when the weather says a high during the day of about 45...that's between say noon and 2 pm. When we meet at about 9:30am temps are more likely in the mid 30s and on a windy day without sunshine, it can get pretty brutal out there. I also haven't heard that many people are ready to come out and brave the cold (I'm guessing many cars need their spring service/fluid changes too). So I am thinking depending on weather (remember we are supposedly getting snow this Tues/Wednesday ) will will probably start some time in April. I'll keep you guys posted.

Also, there is a PCA event at Porsche of Danvers on 4/27. Another regular from C&C and I will probably do a drive up there together (if the weather is nice). We both had a great drive up last year. If anyone else would be interest in following us up let me know. Last year they served some lunch and they gave away hats, coffee mugs, key chains and other stuff. You have to be a PCA member to attend and sign up on their sign up sheet, for the Northeast region. Membership is only like $40 ...so if you get a $30 hat, membership has just about paid for itself.

Steve, there is something to be said for enjoying what you have. Each year there will always be something faster. If you are enjoying what you have keep it. There are cars faster than my 328, but I still love driving it and this month it celebrated 25 years since it rolled off the production line.

Best regards,
Dino

Last edited by Dino944; 03-25-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:44 PM
smokestack20
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dino,

As anxious as I am to see your Cayman S and Kevin's Turbo, I fall in the category of "needing a little heat". Must have been the trips to Florida this winter that has spoiled me!

As for those two cars..... the Cayman S & the 991TTS would be the two that I'd seek out at a dealership to check out, so it'll be very cool to see them and to talk to you guys about them.

Kevin, make sure you get clearance from the tower at Logan Airport when you come down.... I hear it's that fast!!!

Ken
Old 03-24-2014, 05:58 PM
kev_song
Instructor

Ken,

Its stupid how quick it its. I put 100 miles on it this weekend. I have not idea what its like at WOT, but it has to be scary. It was scary not even pushing it too hard.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by smokestack20
Dino,

As anxious as I am to see your Cayman S and Kevin's Turbo, I fall in the category of "needing a little heat".

Ken
No worries Ken. With another snow storm on the way tomorrow (along with more salt and sand), I think it will be a while before we start meeting up for C&C again. Hopefully, waiting a few more weeks will give the weather time to start feeling more like spring, and it will give people a chance to get their cars serviced and back on the road for spring.

Originally Posted by kev_song
Ken,

Its stupid how quick it its. I put 100 miles on it this weekend. I have not idea what its like at WOT, but it has to be scary. It was scary not even pushing it too hard.
Kevin...its time to update your avatar and signature...to 991 Turbo S. Congrats again and looking forward to seeing it soon.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Guys,

I keep getting emails and posts (here and at other forums) from people asking when we are going to start meeting up again in Taunton? So, after looking at calendars to avoid being in conflict with PCA events or other car club functions (when possible), our first meet will be on Sunday, May 4th. I will post a separate thread for the 2014 season soon. For those who have been anxiously waiting to get out and meet up with other Pcar people, this Sunday there is a PCA cars & coffee in Tiverton, RI. Anyway, looking forward to catching up with everyone soon.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino944
Hi Guys,

I keep getting emails and posts (here and at other forums) from people asking when we are going to start meeting up again in Taunton? So, after looking at calendars to avoid being in conflict with PCA events or other car club functions (when possible), our first meet will be on Sunday, May 4th. I will post a separate thread for the 2014 season soon. For those who have been anxiously waiting to get out and meet up with other Pcar people, this Sunday there is a PCA cars & coffee in Tiverton, RI. Anyway, looking forward to catching up with everyone soon.

Best regards,
Dino
Thanks Dino, it's now on my calendar! If you haven't already signed up for it, I think there's still time to get on the Ramble for April 25-27.
http://www.porschenet.com/events/201...spring-ramble/
Old 04-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Charlie,

Welcome back to Massachusetts! Thanks for mentioning the ramble. Unfortunately, it starts on a Friday and I have to be in the office that day. We hope to do a group drive or 2 this season (I am waiting to hear back from someone who might help with the planning), so keep an eye out for that. Anyway, thanks for thinking of me and I look forward to catching up with you soon.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 04-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Hi Charlie,

Welcome back to Massachusetts! Thanks for mentioning the ramble. Unfortunately, it starts on a Friday and I have to be in the office that day. We hope to do a group drive or 2 this season (I am waiting to hear back from someone who might help with the planning), so keep an eye out for that. Anyway, thanks for thinking of me and I look forward to catching up with you soon.

Best regards,
Dino
Dino,
The actual Ramble starts early on Saturday morning. Since we start off in Cooperstown, NY, everyone arrives sometime (even late) on Friday so they "wake up" in Cooperstown.
Charlie
Old 04-03-2014, 09:08 PM
kev_song
Instructor

Hi Guys, I keep getting emails and posts (here and at other forums) from people asking when we are going to start meeting up again in Taunton? So, after looking at calendars to avoid being in conflict with PCA events or other car club functions (when possible), our first meet will be on Sunday, May 4th. I will post a separate thread for the 2014 season soon. For those who have been anxiously waiting to get out and meet up with other Pcar people, this Sunday there is a PCA cars & coffee in Tiverton, RI. Anyway, looking forward to catching up with everyone soon. Best regards, Dino
Looking forward to it Dino. May 4th seems a long way off 😭
Old 04-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by Charlie C
Dino,
The actual Ramble starts early on Saturday morning. Since we start off in Cooperstown, NY, everyone arrives sometime (even late) on Friday so they "wake up" in Cooperstown.
Charlie
Good to know. However, not knowing that I ended up making some other plans for the weekend. Maybe the next time.

Originally Posted by kev_song
Looking forward to it Dino. May 4th seems a long way off 😭
Hi Kevin,

it seems like a long way off, but it sort of isn't. April has several of conflicts...the 13th doesn't work for me, the 20th is Easter (so some people may have plans with family), and the 27th has 2 PCA events the Ramble and a light lunch/new comers event at Porsche Davners (so one of the Taunton C&C guys and I might drive up there if the weather is nice). So May 4th seemed like the a reasonable start date, plus hopefully the weather will be warmer, which is good for attendance and tire grip. I also had some interest from a few Fcar owners and I know they still need a few weeks to get their spring service completed (myself included).

Not to mention, it gives me time to get the Cayman's odometer off of the number 13. If the weather stays nice this weekend, its going for its maiden voyage

Best regards,
Dino
Old 04-04-2014, 06:19 PM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

[

Not to mention, it gives me time to get the Cayman's odometer off of the number 13. If the weather stays nice this weekend, its going for its maiden voyage

Best regards,
Dino[/QUOTE]

Dino
Sunday looks like a good day to fire up the Cayman, at this point anyway the weather looks warm and sunny.

PS how do you get a partial quote to appear in the highlighted grey box
Steve
Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Steve, just move the cursor into the gray box and delete what you don't need.

Yes, I anticipate getting the Cayman out to stretch her legs this weekend. Thanks.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 04-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Guys,

Stay tuned in, I anticipate posting info about a drive that will probably be the weekend of the May 18th or the 24th. I'll start a separate thread once a few more details get resolved. We will be going from Southern RI , using some nice winding back roads to go to the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret CT for lunch.

Best regards,
Dino

Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2013