Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:59 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino944
See you Sunday Afshin.

Chris, we'll catch up with you next time have a great trip.

Ryan, wishing you luck with the sensors and hope to see you there.

Mike, get your Dad to bring out the SLC one of these days.
Well, I am going to have the 944 on the lift Saturday to see what is up with the tranny...hopefully just a top up and I will be good. I am planning on meeting up but I may have to bring a different car...but I really don't know what that will be at this point, obviously not the XKE...
Old 07-22-2011, 07:35 AM
nskd3
Instructor

I am planing to be there, solo, but there. I think I can find the location better this time around also.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Ryan / Mike, I hope you're both able to get your cars running in time.

Ryan, ask your FIL to bring his new cab.

80 and Sunny for Sunday, can't beat that!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:31 PM
darthnefas
Intermediate

Woah! Someone trying to a CnC behind my house and not invite me!
...Well, apparantly it's been working.

I would like to attend Sunday before work I go to work.

The 944 is getting its inspection and won't be out for Sunday probably but I can bring the other toy.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nskd3
I am planing to be there, solo, but there. I think I can find the location better this time around also.
Glad you can make it, Neal. This week, Jill can't go, so I think most of us are flying solo. Don't forget this is a timed event and we will be keeping track of how long it takes you to get there!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by darthnefas
Woah! Someone trying to a CnC behind my house and not invite me!
...Well, apparantly it's been working.

I would like to attend Sunday before work I go to work.

The 944 is getting its inspection and won't be out for Sunday probably but I can bring the other toy.
Hey Allen,

Haven't seen you probably since Tutto, I think last year. I hope all is well and look forward to seeing you.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 07-22-2011, 01:00 PM
darthnefas
Intermediate

Haven't seen you probably since Tutto, I think last year. I hope all is well
Funny enough, I think you're right! Not to hijack the thread, but things are great. Lily turned 6 yesterday (grows up too fast) and the house is still full of balloons! I hope everything is going well with you as well!

Now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread which is already in progress.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday.

What time do the first peeps start showing up because it's literally a 2 minute drive for me.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:32 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

A new guy! Awesome!

Push your mechanic!!!!! We need a 44 in the event that mine is absent, hell, we just need another 44 in general...looking forward to seeing everyone, maybe I will get to sneak out with dad's XK Coupe if the 44 isn't ready. I don't know if I want to take the SLC all the way up there.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Funny enough, I think you're right! Not to hijack the thread, but things are great. Lily turned 6 yesterday (grows up too fast) and the house is still full of balloons! I hope everything is going well with you as well!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday.

What time do the first peeps start showing up because it's literally a 2 minute drive for me.
Glad to hear all is well. Things are good with us. Unfortunately, Jill can't make it there this week, but she has 8/7 off for Tutto!

It starts at around 9:30, and people generally start arriving between 9:45 & 10-ish depending on where they are coming from.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by ninefourfour89
maybe I will get to sneak out with dad's XK Coupe if the 44 isn't ready. I don't know if I want to take the SLC all the way up there.
So you bring the XK and have your Dad drive the SLC
Old 07-22-2011, 02:25 PM
darthnefas
Intermediate

A new guy! Awesome! Push your mechanic!!!!! We need a 44 in the event that mine is absent, hell, we just need another 44 in general...looking forward to seeing everyone,
Actually I'm an old guy, just rusty on the forums. It's tough keeping up with all of them so I gave up. lol

I wish I could push him, but he's short handed this week and I don't want him to do it wrong because I got a couple of electrical upkeep I want sorted.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:13 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Unhappy

So you bring the XK and have your Dad drive the SLC
Ha! Could end up being the XJ if things don't go smooth! I lost the driver's side mirror glass on the 944 as I pulled out of the driveway leaving for work this morning. So hot it fell right off the mount pad and I heard it shatter. I was sick and it was very hard to see when driving as I currently have the Gumball Rally Franco mod...the first rule of Italian driving - what's behind you doesn't matter (no rear view mirror, gives a great view and the flag side mirrors catch a wide enough view around me) so one more mirror gone is rough. Also, one of the sunvisor clips melted off the other day and it was only 70 degrees out...now one visor is hanging down. All these things going wrong, even if they are small...it is killing me. :-(

Actually I'm an old guy, just rusty on the forums. It's tough keeping up with all of them so I gave up. lol

I wish I could push him, but he's short handed this week and I don't want him to do it wrong because I got a couple of electrical upkeep I want sorted.
Actually I meant you were a new guy to our group meet - look forward to saying hello! I'm only kidding on the rush of course, you sound like you have plenty of other acceptable cars to bring, and I am sure Dino told you DD's are always welcome.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:51 PM
darthnefas
Intermediate

Actually I meant you were a new guy to our group meet
Oh yea! That's very true!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:29 PM
darthnefas
Intermediate

A friend of mine started a meet up North at the Starbucks on Route 9 just off 495.

What do you guys think about changing this week to that area for Sunday at 9 a.m.? Meet up with a few new people and we could get a cycle of Starbucks to get in on.

What do you think?
Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Hi Allen,
Thanks for the idea, but no thank you. Taunton seems to have worked out pretty well as a 1/2 way point for those of us in RI and Southern MA. There already seem to be plenty of gatherings in Boston & it's surrounding areas. Southboro, Walpole and Burlington start to become a real trek and the further away the destination becomes the less frequently it becomes convenient for us to have regular gatherings.

Thanks and looking forward to catching up with you either tomorrow or at Tutto.
Best regards,
Dino

Quick Reply: Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA