Notices

newport concours 9/26

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

The judgest stated the car was driven 8 miles over the past 2 years, can't be true if he was driving it back home. I spoke with the owner for a whlie after the awards were handed out, nice guy and helpfull. He had the coolest front cover I had ever seen. It was made of Lexan and painted body color on the inside to match the car. It covered the entire front clip. Unfortunately the place went out of business and it sounds like they're NLA.

He did deserve to win our class, his car was by far the best prepped in our group with few exceptions. I am a bit surprised that he won best of show, there were some really nice 356's and 911's there.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

A few shots from the day....
Attached Images              
Old 09-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
The judgest stated the car was driven 8 miles over the past 2 years, can't be true if he was driving it back home. I spoke with the owner for a whlie after the awards were handed out, nice guy and helpfull. He had the coolest front cover I had ever seen. It was made of Lexan and painted body color on the inside to match the car. It covered the entire front clip. Unfortunately the place went out of business and it sounds like they're NLA.

He did deserve to win our class, his car was by far the best prepped in our group with few exceptions. I am a bit surprised that he won best of show, there were some really nice 356's and 911's there.
I think the Judge may have been off about the mileage. I spoke with the owner, and I think he said he drives it about 40 miles per year. The owner is a nice guy, I met him 2 years ago at the Porsche show at Larz Anderson Museum of transportation.

The front cover/bra was fantastic. I had one for my 944 and my Father had one for his 1987 911 Turbo. As the owner stated the company making those lexan bras went out of business many years ago. Mine was damaged when a car road over the bumper and cracked it and that was back in 1992 or 93. Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories informed me that they were down to their last one for a 944 Turbo and that the company was gone. The lexan bras were sold through BHMA back in the late 80s and early 90s and were available for 911s, 944 N/A and Turbo, Corvette, and 300ZX.

His 944 is probably the nicest one I've seen in years and was definitely one of the best prepped cars at the show. Only a few modifications had been made such as powder coating part of the engine and having the name "Porsche" on the engine painted red.

Great turn out and great show.
Best regards,
Dino
Old 10-01-2009, 05:12 PM
porsche 928 RI
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you give him a nice fly by......? lol
Old 10-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Ispeed
Drifting

Originally Posted by porsche 928 RI
did you give him a nice fly by......? lol
Him and everybody else... The 928 sat in the back of the bus when it was new, but she takes a back seat no more.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:48 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default thanks for sharing the pics

Great pics, thanks for sharing..... what great weather and turn out. Any idea if this was a one time deal or will they have more events here in Newport based on success of the event? Nice pic of the modded seal grey 997 with the RUF wheels, wonder who that guy was Great to meet some of you as well, hope to see more events held at the Elms; not sure there could have been a more perfect set up. Mix of sun and shade, great flow, nice mix of cars from moodded to none etc...

A few shots from the day....
Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Great pics, thanks for sharing..... what great weather and turn out. Any idea if this was a one time deal or will they have more events here in Newport based on success of the event? Nice pic of the modded seal grey 997 with the RUF wheels, wonder who that guy was Great to meet some of you as well, hope to see more events held at the Elms; not sure there could have been a more perfect set up. Mix of sun and shade, great flow, nice mix of cars from moodded to none etc...
Didn't realize that was you. Hard to resist taking a shot of a sweet 911 as it rolls by.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Ispeed
Drifting

pic of my 928 at Newport, I am very biased...
Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2009, 06:07 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default thanks...

thanks,

what a great day, hope they do it again!

Didn't realize that was you. Hard to resist taking a shot of a sweet 911 as it rolls by.

Quick Reply: newport concours 9/26