Notices

shop for MA inspection sticker

Old 10-15-2018, 04:01 PM
andbos
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shop for MA inspection sticker

I tried searching for a recommended shop for inspections stickers but did not find any so I thought I ask. where do you typically bring your car for inspection sticker?
In the past, I bring my car to my porsche indy but they do not do them anymore and many porsche dealer near me does not do them (south of Boston); the ones that do usually do them in the next door dealer (different brand). I am concerned with people taking joyrides and etc.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:11 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by andbos
I tried searching for a recommended shop for inspections stickers but did not find any so I thought I ask. where do you typically bring your car for inspection sticker?
In the past, I bring my car to my porsche indy but they do not do them anymore and many porsche dealer near me does not do them (south of Boston); the ones that do usually do them in the next door dealer (different brand). I am concerned with people taking joyrides and etc.

Thank you in advance.
There are inspection stations all over the state. I can't think of any reason to favor getting an inspection from a Porsche dealership. The current inspection procedure takes about 5 minutes. Some shops let you drive your car into the bay. I've heard that most of them require that they drive your car into the bay. You'll be standing 5 feet away, so it will be impossible for the inspection guy to take a joy ride.

Here's a link to state's inspection station search tool. Mass Vehicle Check

Old 10-16-2018, 03:27 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
There are inspection stations all over the state. I can't think of any reason to favor getting an inspection from a Porsche dealership. The current inspection procedure takes about 5 minutes. Some shops let you drive your car into the bay. I've heard that most of them require that they drive your car into the bay. You'll be standing 5 feet away, so it will be impossible for the inspection guy to take a joy ride.
This -^
Old 10-19-2018, 10:08 AM
andbos
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as a test and I just happen to have another car that needs state inspection, I tried a place close by and eventhough the shop was clean. They smoked while inspecting the car (they did not smoke before they started inspecting, otherwise I would have tried another place).. So thats another concern but I guess I just have to keep trying till I find one that works.

Last edited by andbos; 10-19-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shop for MA inspection sticker