Fair Mechanic Recs: Lower Fairfield County/ Westchester

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 06:37 AM
hrennry
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fair Mechanic Recs: Lower Fairfield County/ Westchester

Hi All,

Hoping someone can point me in the direction of a pretty good, affordable mechanic specifically in lower Fairfield County and neighboring Westchester towns. I posted this earlier in a non-New England specific forum earlier and most recommendations were 30 mins upstate but supposedly worth the trip (see below).

I recently purchased a 1984 Targa 3.2 and live in the Lower Fairfield County, CT/ Westchester, NY area. I'm on a tight budget and given the socioeconomics and amount of enthusiasts in the area, it's going to be tough to find a mechanic who is willing to work with a younger owner on a tight budget - just want to keep this thing driving.

Ideal proximity:
Morton Competition - Stamford, CT
Rennsport - Bedford Hills, NY
Keanes Autoworks - Bedford, NY/Ridgefield, CT

Other Recommendations Received:
Dan Jacobs Hairy Dog Garage - Southbury, CT
Spencer ***'s Speedsport Tuning - Danbury, CT
Butzi Gear - Milford, CT
Mtech - New Rochelle, NY

Old 08-08-2018, 09:30 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

What is wrong with the car? A 30-minute drive is too far? Are you trying to get a shop to give you a big discount?

Learn to DIY if you are on a tight budget and mainly looking for maintenance (e.g. oil, brakes, etc.). There are likely tutorials online for your specific car and ask questions in the model-specific forum on RL.

Are you a PCA member? I have met a few PCA members who have completely rebuilt air-cooled engines, and you probably have similar people in your area willing to help someone eager to learn.

Do not take this the wrong way, but expensive, old cars and tight budgets do not generally go well together...

Quick Reply: Fair Mechanic Recs: Lower Fairfield County/ Westchester