Good shop in Southcoast of Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 05:35 PM
bironology
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good shop in Southcoast of Massachusetts

Howdy folks,

I'm days away from driving home an '87 944, my first Porsche, and while this unit has recently had all the usual stuff done - timing bely, water pump, etc. - I'm like to proactively identify a local shop that I can call when the need arises. At a minimum, the timing belt will need re-tensioning within 1000 miles. I live in Dartmouth, MA, which is near New Bedford, MA, Fall River MA, and the east line of Rhode Island.

Anyone from this neck of the woods who can recommend a shop?

thanks!
Old 07-26-2018, 07:45 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Check out South Shore Autoworks: https://www.southshoreautoworks.com/

Justin, the owner, is a PCA instructor and sponsors NER PCA track events. He also seems like a really nice guy based on my experience at the track. I would be a customer if I lived down there.

P.S. The 944 is a GREAT track car, so Justin can get it DE ready
Old 07-26-2018, 08:27 PM
bironology
AutoX

Thanks but wrong coast. I’m down near New Bedford, what we call Southcoast, not South Shore. I know, confusing area names but what can ya do.

I wish I was closer to South Shore Autoworks because the place sounds awesome, but alas, it’s 30 miles from me.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:43 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

I am in the Boston area. I know the difference between the Souh Shore and Southcoast, but just sort of see it as one big area

Regardless, get out to the track
Old 07-26-2018, 08:59 PM
bironology
AutoX

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
I am in the Boston area. I know the difference between the Souh Shore and Southcoast, but just sort of see it as one big area

Regardless, get out to the track
haha true that it is. And in truth 30 miles isn’t so bad to travel for quality service.

And I would love to get to the track, not only with the 944 but also with my 340i! I’m going to need some track orientation though as I’ve never been in all my 45 years on the planet. Sad. I understand PCA has DE, I’ll be looking into that soon.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2018, 09:53 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Originally Posted by bironology

haha true that it is. And in truth 30 miles isn’t so bad to travel for quality service.

And I would love to get to the track, not only with the 944 but also with my 340i! I’m going to need some track orientation though as I’ve never been in all my 45 years on the planet. Sad. I understand PCA has DE, I’ll be looking into that soon.

Thanks!
I do basic maintenance, but lucky that Eurotech is only 15 minutes away if something is above my pay grade.

The NER PCA is a great group for beginners, and going to Palmer in September. Honestly, 45 is probably about the median age of people at the track, so you are definitely not too late.

I did a day at Thompson with COM last week; they are another group I highly recommend. I am working on a more detailed review, and should post it soon.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:13 PM
eagle1974
Track Day

I would suggest Inmotion Motorsports,located on RT6 in seekonk MA. Dave the owner is a Porsche guy with a good staff.

https://www.inmotionms.com/

Quick Reply: Good shop in Southcoast of Massachusetts