Notices

MA/NH Looking to borrow stock 996TT exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 01:48 AM
rawbar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MA/NH Looking to borrow stock 996TT exhaust

The state flagged me when I went to get an inspection on my new 996TT because unknown to me (or the previous owner) it has a modified ECU. I now have to go into a state run inspection place. I spoke with the inspector on the phone and he told me after I flash back the ECU to stock to bring it in, but he said he may require me to change my exhaust/cats back to stock. I'm hoping he doesn't make me do that (also hoping stock ECU doesn't trip a CEL or I have to convert back anyway). I can't find any local stock exhausts/cats for sale, so hoping someone might let me borrow one if they have one sitting around in their basement or garage. I will return it once I have a sticker and am happy to provide thanks by way of dinner, beer/wine/rye/single malt, etc or cash. Thanks much.

This seems to be a low trafficked sub-forum so I may cross post this to another one with more traffic in a few days if I don't have any luck here.

Cheers, Rob
Old 09-05-2017, 11:48 AM
cptlane
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM'd

Originally Posted by rawbar
The state flagged me when I went to get an inspection on my new 996TT because unknown to me (or the previous owner) it has a modified ECU. I now have to go into a state run inspection place. I spoke with the inspector on the phone and he told me after I flash back the ECU to stock to bring it in, but he said he may require me to change my exhaust/cats back to stock. I'm hoping he doesn't make me do that (also hoping stock ECU doesn't trip a CEL or I have to convert back anyway). I can't find any local stock exhausts/cats for sale, so hoping someone might let me borrow one if they have one sitting around in their basement or garage. I will return it once I have a sticker and am happy to provide thanks by way of dinner, beer/wine/rye/single malt, etc or cash. Thanks much.

This seems to be a low trafficked sub-forum so I may cross post this to another one with more traffic in a few days if I don't have any luck here.

Cheers, Rob

Quick Reply: MA/NH Looking to borrow stock 996TT exhaust