Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New version of Mission E Cross Turismo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 03:21 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New version of Mission E Cross Turismo?

Oh God what a horrible name, and now the sleek car got American fat, and looks like the concept car got raped by a Macan.and this is it's bastard offspring. Now it's trying to be a cross over/shooting brake thing?

What the hell is going on with the front wheel arch/door.

Please give us something sexy again. I went from a sold "buy" to now after seeing it a solid "fly away" - that's some awkward looking stuff - sorry.

EDIT - OK I didn't know this was a separate car line (SUV crossover) from the original Mission E car.I should have guessed by the name, but that info wasn't around at the time of the post. Still not a fan of Porsche making SUV's, but if that lets them make 918's and GT2's, so be it...

http://bgr.com/2018/03/06/geneva-aut...best-new-cars/

Last edited by orthofrancis; 03-08-2018 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:28 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 259 Posts

Musk just breathed a sigh of relief...

I have a deposit on one so hopefully there is a standard sedan in the pipeline because this is horrible. Why centerlock, is this expected to have track duties?
Old 03-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Cloudplay
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Musk just breathed a sigh of relief...

I have a deposit on one so hopefully there is a standard sedan in the pipeline because this is horrible. Why centerlock, is this expected to have track duties?
I'm sure they didn't build the fastback prototypes for fun. Looks like there will be a fastback and "sport turismo'' (aka wagon) versions of the Mission E - just like for the Panamera. Between this and the prototypes, it is pretty easy to picture the final design. I think it will look good, but closer to a slightly shrunk Panamera than to the original Mission E concept. I'm sure I won't get in line for the "Allroad" version.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:37 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I like this and would consider buying it!
Old 03-06-2018, 03:46 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I beleive this is a mission E concept geared for the outdoor enthusiast. Kinda like the audi allroad wagon deal.

As somebody who lives in the mountians, it appeals to my lifestyle as it would be more practical in the snowbelt compared to the Mission E sedan concept.

I would consider both concepts during my purchase.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:06 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
Oh God what a horrible name, and now the sleek car got American fat, and looks like the concept car got raped by a Macan.and this is it's bastard offspring. Now it's trying to be a cross over/shooting brake thing?
I take it you're not a big fan of the new Panamera either? The overall body shape looks very similar to the Sport Turismo.

Also of note, sharing the same/similar platform and technology doesn't make it the same car. This new concept does not replace the existing Mission E.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Cloudplay
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JMartinni
Also of note, sharing the same/similar platform and technology doesn't make it the same car. This new concept does not replace the existing Mission E.
The concept IS the Mission E, just with a "sport turismo" wagon rear, raised suspension and some black plastic (and some concept elements in the interior, one presumes). Most of the body (front end, doors, A and B pillar) is identical to the Mission E prototypes minus the camo. One assumes that the Mission E will be sold as hatchback, sport turismo and cross turismo.

Last edited by Cloudplay; 03-06-2018 at 04:58 PM. Reason: some addition
Old 03-06-2018, 07:09 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloudplay
The concept IS the Mission E, just with a "sport turismo" wagon rear, raised suspension and some black plastic (and some concept elements in the interior, one presumes). Most of the body (front end, doors, A and B pillar) is identical to the Mission E prototypes minus the camo. One assumes that the Mission E will be sold as hatchback, sport turismo and cross turismo.
It was more a reply to the opening post suggesting that the Mission E is going to look exactly like that. I had the impression that this "Cross Turismo" is a concept of a new separate model in the Mission E line-up based on a common tech platform, not just a trim or variant of the exact same car.

But you know, as much as I don't like the thought (and shook my head reading post here complaining about the mules) I'm really starting to think that this assumption is correct. This "close to series production" concept looks a lot like the alleged Mission E mules just with wagon body. And both look a lot like the new Panamera and a lot less like the old Mission E concept. Not just detail changes, but size and proportions.

So unless there will be a third model or another variant (top-trim wide-body 'Turbo', if you will) with the proportions of the concept I have to admit the 2015 Mission E concept as it wowed people back then is no more. It might well go down in history as just another neat concept design idea that's not going to make it into production, which is something I've always hated with passion. If that's the case there isn't going to be a low-slung four-seater sports car (Despite the car’s low H-point and sloping roofline, the position of its two comfortable rear seats is surprisingly relaxed thanks to the so-called foot garage, a deep recess in the floorpan that splits the battery tray. “The production version is in essence a C-segment sedan with an almost D-size interior,” explains project leader Stefan Weckbach. “Visually, the car combines 911 overtones with fresh proportions and very good space utilization even though the Mission E is notably more compact than the Panamera.) people have been hyped up to believe and expect it to be.

I don't even dislike this new "Cross Turismo" concept, I also prefer it over the Sport Turismo (which I thought as a wagon already looked better compared to the standard Panamera, that I don't dislike either). And I assume the car has good chances to be a success regardless - it certainly needs to be for Porsche. For someone who's been a big fan of the original Mission E concept this reveal and it's implications have been quite the set-back though. We'll see how things develop...

Last edited by JMartinni; 03-06-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:25 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I love the tires. I have had it with low profile tires when driving in my area daily. Roads are filled with potholes and suffered tire/rim damage numerous times. I dunno why I pay so much personal property and state tax when the roads are filled with patches and potholes. Finally a car with light off road wheels. Now only if I could put this in a 911 and I will be set.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:38 PM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 4,950 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Delete my former comments ! (No, NO, NOOOOO! Gag me with a backhoe!).

I should have known better than to just snap out a quick reply based on not liking the lights in the bonnet.

Watched the video and have to totally reverse my opinion!

This thing is one functional sport wagon. Where is the Doooh Homer Simpson emoticon?

Last edited by 928 GT R; 03-08-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:29 AM
Epicben
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

I bet this thread will beat the 718 thread for most angry senior citizen posts in a single thread award on rennlist.

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...18-owners.html

i would buy it if it had two rear facing seats like the EClass!!
Attached Files
File Type: html
Old 03-07-2018, 10:53 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I think this Cross Turismo looks awesome on the road:

Old 03-08-2018, 12:19 AM
leaf345
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 82 Posts

Porsche's website has sections on both the Mission E and the Mission E Cross Turismo. So they're making two cars now? The Cross Turismo isnt the production version of the original E concept?

https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/
Old 03-08-2018, 01:26 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leaf345
Porsche's website has sections on both the Mission E and the Mission E Cross Turismo. So they're making two cars now? The Cross Turismo isnt the production version of the original E concept?

https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/
The Porsche executives at the Geneva Car Show, in their video, say that they want input about putting the Cross Turismo into production, but that they are leaning that way.
I understand the Mission E "sedan" to be a different production variation, and I think I've heard they will put the sedan into production, probably a year or two before the Cross Tursimo.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:46 AM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cometguy
I think this Cross Turismo looks awesome on the road:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa5F1cWLnRg
very cool video. Cool all around car. Audi Allroad was always a cool concept.

Quick Reply: New version of Mission E Cross Turismo?