First Production Spy Photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 03:35 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by JMartinni
Yeah. Odd marketing decision.
Anything to keep the hype built up until launch, I suppose?
Old 05-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
It’s still a mule. Until we see the final product, it’s impossible to draw any real styling conclusions.

Exactly. I live in hope that when all the disguise and camouflage is removed, the finished article will still look a lot like the original concept version.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:00 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

Taking it a step further....I think the Concept Mission E is the best looking 4 seater ever designed...to the brand its the equivalent of what the countach did for Lamborghini, Corvette did for GM, Mustang did for Ford. All changing the Brand perception and direction. Instead we will get a nice car that has no historic relevance. I will likely let me spot at the dealer go when the time comes if there is no change in the direction. Really saddens me...
Old 05-25-2018, 01:16 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

I think size and proportions of mule and concept are almost identical, it's these changes to the front arches/bonnet (the biggest and perhaps worst looking change, really), the different bumper and front air intake, different side skirts and different wing (plus all the camo like the closed lights and possibly fake B pillar) that make it appear less sporty. Losing the suicide doors and addition of mirrors was inevitable. Maybe the mule has a higher roofline but it's very hard to make out.

It's pretty much guaranteed that the final car will not look as bad as the mules (we've seen what the covered details may end up looking like with the Cross Tourismo concept). And we might well see variants of the Mission E taking the role of lets say the Turbo or GT with more pronounced aero and lower ride height that's closer to the concept. Have to wait and see.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

I agree it’s still a mule, but those two pictures above prove once again that the devil’s in the details, as the lines are not identical and that makes all the difference in the world. It could still turn out looking good but it’s not going to look anywhere near as good as the concept car.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:48 PM
bdoviack
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

This is the Mission E that we want that was driven at the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles recently. Let's see how close it compares to the mule we've seen being driven around.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:25 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

if they can build it to look like the concept car they will not be able to keep up with the demand
Old 05-28-2018, 11:16 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by ZenicaPA
THIS!

I have a deposit down for one but that decision was based on the concept design, not this revisited Panamera. If the final vehicle looks like this, I'll be glad I kept my Tesla order intact.
Really? You’d rather have a poorly built car from a company hemorrhaging cash than one from a company that makes the worlds best and most versatile sports cars, and has been doing so for 70 years?

I used to to really want a Tesla. When the model S had its refresh I borrowed one for a weekend and thought it was amazing. But I couldn’t get over what you got for the price. Now I see them failing to meet production goals, hemmoraging cash, and the cars seem to be getting less well put together, not more.

No, even if the Missin E looks like a full electric Panamera (it won’t), I still can’t wait to drive this car. EV’s are very attractive to me. And an EV made by Porsche? Going to rock.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:50 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Looking at this teaser video - the car has mirrors unlike the concept, but seems to retain the large wheel arches and rear wing shape of the concept unlike the prototype mules.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:23 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

promising indeed....
Old 06-12-2018, 01:10 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Looking at this teaser video - the car has mirrors unlike the concept, but seems to retain the large wheel arches and rear wing shape of the concept unlike the prototype mules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q_o4Pl-AuY
Or......that is the 2015 design study with some mirrors....we knew they were coming.
You are right....definitely not a mule.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:56 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default OK - Now I'm excited again with the look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q_o4Pl-AuY

This silhouette looks pretty damn sexy, and so does the rear shot. If it looks this good from these angles, then I'm OK with loosing the suicide doors.

Maybe there's hope.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:00 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

For me as long as the shape of the concept is intact, the suicide doors don't matter. I am ready to buy one if the teaser is what its going to look like. It will kill tesla. If its mule, tesla has nothing to worry about.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:05 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

It’s all quite odd. The Adam Levine video was released 3 weeks ago. Including suicide doors. Then the Webber version looks very average. Based on that Levine video, if they come out with the Webber version, people are going to feel completely deceived.

A fellow Renn member has seen the sports wagon off road version. He said it looked epic. So there is hope.

I'm going with the great version. Hope I’m not wrong.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:34 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Levine was driving the 2015.

Quick Reply: First Production Spy Photos