Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Production Spy Photos

Old 11-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the launch date? Full production vehicle at 2018 or 19 Geneva?
Old 11-27-2017, 11:16 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rooflines quite different

OK - I'm not great at photoshop, but the rooflines on the Prototype vs the mule are quite different. I took the Panamera roofline, and copied it to the other cars.
The prototype has a much longer, raked front window, and bigger wheels. The Mule has basically the same roofline as the Panamera, except the car is a smaller picture - but the contour is the same.

These are what make prototype cars look "sexy"
Old 11-29-2017, 10:45 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

Very interesting. Aside from seeing the windshield rake is different, I think it is hard to draw much more specific conclusions, especially with scale issues.

It would be interesting to know exactly how these prototype tubs are actually made. On the one hand, they are not just Panamera tubs, but on the other hand, I don't think production tooling would be in place yet.

These renderings appeared in Autocar,,,

Old 11-30-2017, 04:03 PM
unclewill
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicole
It is a completely different car than the Pano, or any other Porsche currently in production. If anybody tells you otherwise, they are BSing.
Ironically, the chassis on the concept is nearly identical to a Tesla P100d. I think we will see a big battery box with Panamera suspension units bolted on each end and electronics to match. Since the Panamera and Mission E will likely be nearly the same curb weight, I expect similar handling with acceleration to match the Tesla. I'm thinking a Panamera with a 911 nose on it.
When I put my deposit down (#28 in SLC!), the sales rep Daniel Eastman told me we'll possibly order Aug? next year. We'll see...
This will be the most advanced car Porsche has ever built and I fully expect it to be mind blowing!
Old 11-30-2017, 06:54 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 874 Likes on 531 Posts

Still sorry to see the suicide doors go... (in a nod to the original Tucker)
Old 12-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 149 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by unclewill
Ironically, the chassis on the concept is nearly identical to a Tesla P100d. I think we will see a big battery box with Panamera suspension units bolted on each end and electronics to match. Since the Panamera and Mission E will likely be nearly the same curb weight, I expect similar handling with acceleration to match the Tesla. I'm thinking a Panamera with a 911 nose on it.
When I put my deposit down (#28 in SLC!), the sales rep Daniel Eastman told me we'll possibly order Aug? next year. We'll see...
This will be the most advanced car Porsche has ever built and I fully expect it to be mind blowing!
Remember that an ICE powered car has very different packaging requirements than an EV, which may possibly result in compromises and cost differences on either side.

I cannot tell you one way or the other, but I’m saying it’s hard to speculate on which components can be similar, given the enormous differences between the two vehicle architectures.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:52 AM
unclewill
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicole
Remember that an ICE powered car has very different packaging requirements than an EV, which may possibly result in compromises and cost differences on either side.

I cannot tell you one way or the other, but I'm saying it's hard to speculate on which components can be similar, given the enormous differences between the two vehicle architectures.
When I get mine, first crack out of the box the wheels are coming off and it's going on the rack for a full inspection. I expect to see lots of familiar bits all over the car given the parts bin Porsche has, but, you are right, we will have to wait to see what parts cross on the ole microfiche...
Old 12-22-2017, 04:51 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 259 Posts

If it looks like the autocar rendering I will buy it, if it looks like the mule, I will not.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:35 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

if it looks anything like the autocar rendering, I am totally all in!
Old 12-28-2017, 03:15 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

So....on the mules and not the pretty renderings.....the roof line is definately different......the front window rake is definately different....and very imprtant, the whole front end is flatened down, losing the low bonett and high fender arches.....the back end is different in a side-view profile......rear view is different with significantly toned down shoulders over the rears......and, of course, many have mentioned the possible B pillar and the loss of the rear suicides.

All these things are dissapointing to to me. I, like many, was taken by the original study and with all the press that Porsche provided.
Going from design-study-to-production is hard....but can be done if you try hard enough.......918 and BMW i8 have been mentioned.

I have money down, but will pull it if this continues to look like a car and not a Porsche.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:25 PM
thklinge
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't worry, Porsche has a long history of making concepts, changing a little detail here and there, then putting it into production. The finished Misson E will look like the concept, including the suicide doors, no worries.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:50 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by thklinge
Don't worry, Porsche has a long history of making concepts, changing a little detail here and there, then putting it into production. The finished Misson E will look like the concept, including the suicide doors, no worries.
Haha!

Old 12-29-2017, 04:29 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default There's hope yet? New shots/review

from automobile - A car reviewer took it out for a spin with along with a GT2 on a track. The car retains suicide doors (but says on test model), sloped roof

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/dr...che-mission-e/

Pictures look dead on the original concept car.from automobile - A car reviewer took it out for a spin with along with a GT2 on a track. The car retains suicide doors (but says on test model), sloped roof

Pictures look dead on the original concept car.

Last edited by orthofrancis; 12-29-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:52 AM
thklinge
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
from automobile - A car reviewer took it out for a spin with along with a GT2 on a track. The car retains suicide doors (but says on test model), sloped roof

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/dr...che-mission-e/

Pictures look dead on the original concept car.from automobile - A car reviewer took it out for a spin with along with a GT2 on a track. The car retains suicide doors (but says on test model), sloped roof

Pictures look dead on the original concept car.

It IS the concept car so that's not a surprise. The same car was shown at Porsche Center Son, in Norway back in October and it drove into the showroom with its own electrical engine so it has been driveable for a long time.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:09 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by orthofrancis
The car retains suicide doors...
The article also states:

"Step into the future: While its suicide doors are concept only, the luxe leather, wood, and metal accents will make it to the production version of the Mission E."

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Production Spy Photos