Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

I like what i see.

I would use it for my daily driver.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:34 AM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

I love the look of the ME and will be a customer. I like the Tesla and have driven at least 4 (it seems each time a friend buys one, they want me to drive it!). What I don't like about the Tesla is it seems a bit cheap and plain on the inside. I think they should have made the interior a bit more expensive and added $10k to the price. When you pay over $100 for a car, you expect more like a Mercedes/BMW interior, of which the Tesla looks and feels more like a $40k economy car. Other than that, the performance and style of the exterior is very good on the Tesla. They did a fantastic job on their new SUV exterior.

The $86k price tag of the Mission E is both good and bad. Another reason I don't care for the Tesla is that they are like a Prius (every where you look, they are everywhere!). A mission E will likely have the same result at that price point. The Mission E design looks like a $200k car in my view, which to me would be more attractive at that price point, as it would likely have the maximum custom interior, features, electronics, etc., and be more exclusive.

The most exciting part of the ME is not their fist model, but what's to come after!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:36 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^Could not agree more with the above in regards to Tesla build quality.. Really feel that it has a ford econobox interior..
The ME will replace my current DD.. I am just hoping it has lift option for winter driving.. lol
Old 09-20-2017, 10:43 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 1,757 Posts

I'm just happy we're about to have choices and progress in the BEV space…Tesla's have been my DD for about 4 years now and while I'm not suffering I would appreciate some choice in the market place - the competition will be good for everyone in this space.

having Porsche push this market segment forward is going to be exciting.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

I put a $500 refundable deposit down for one at MSRP or less with my local dealer! 8th in line. Hopefully all the claims are close to what they have been putting out. Dealer says they expect to see them in 2019 and believe that the 85k MSRP will be close to accurate. They expect more details in late 2018.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:45 PM
wogamax
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
get the Tesla, and then swap to a Mission E once the fast charging story becomes more clear…
A lot has to be proven before we know the market Porsche is looking to develop. First, it has to arrive. A speculative reference I respect said the car will use heavier Li Po, and charge faster (or sustain higher C-rates) than the lithium batteries in most other EVs (accept Ioniq). That indicates a desire for less charging downtime, on fewer KWh. Dunno, but within the versions may be a performance car (low-weight, short-range, fast charging, better regen and more cooling) and a luxury car (high-weight, more battery $$, higher-range, less cooling).

Maybe Porsche proves otherwise, but I don't think we're at the point where inertia and heat let you have more than one design goal.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 534 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by wogamax
A lot has to be proven before we know the market Porsche is looking to develop. First, it has to arrive. A speculative reference I respect said the car will use heavier Li Po, and charge faster (or sustain higher C-rates) than the lithium batteries in most other EVs (accept Ioniq). That indicates a desire for less charging downtime, on fewer KWh. Dunno, but within the versions may be a performance car (low-weight, short-range, fast charging, better regen and more cooling) and a luxury car (high-weight, more battery $$, higher-range, less cooling).

Maybe Porsche proves otherwise, but I don't think we're at the point where inertia and heat let you have more than one design goal.
In many ways, the more important aspect is charging stations. Who's building those?
Old 10-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 149 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
In many ways, the more important aspect is charging stations. Who's building those?
+ a gazillion

Who, where, when, at what cost of energy?

Tesla has already swooped-up a lot of good locations, and they are building more at a rapid pace. They are convenient to use, and the connectors are not as ridiculously clumsy as some of the other systems.

I wonder why other manufacturers don't show more interest in the Tesla Supercharger network. Could be that Tesla is asking too much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Prototype Photos