Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soul Performance Porsche 991.2 Carrera (with PSE) Trackback Turbo Back Exhaust

For Sale

Engine - Exhaust

07-03-2022, 04:15 PM | Replies: 1 | Views: 1009
  • Engine - Exhaust - Soul Performance Porsche 991.2 Carrera (with PSE) Trackback Turbo Back Exhaust - Used - 2017 to 2019 Porsche 911 - Erie, CO 80516, United States
    Sold
  • Engine - Exhaust - Soul Performance Porsche 991.2 Carrera (with PSE) Trackback Turbo Back Exhaust - Used - 2017 to 2019 Porsche 911 - Erie, CO 80516, United States
    Sold
    Sold
    Sold
Rennlist Member

• Price
    $1,900
    • Trade
  • Location Erie, CO, 80516, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Porsche 911 2017 - 2019
Description:

Regrettably, I'm selling the Soul Performance exhaust off of my Carrera T. The exhaust was bought new and has fewer than 500 miles on it. I positively love the sound, but my wife wants to start commuting in the car and the volume is more than she wants. Happy wife and all...

Here's a review from a fellow Rennlister who I drove around in the car:

Originally Posted by ngamountains
Hey, everyone. I sold my Carrera T late last month, but had prior already been talking to @zylinderkopfdichtung about visiting with him in person during an upcoming trip to CO. Despite having sold my car, I was still curious to hear his Soul “straight-piped” catted turbo back exhaust which has been discussed above. 

First off, let me say that despite making several cellphone videos/recordings (cold start, cold start idle kick down, on-road), I am not posting any of those here, as having heard the car in person, the recordings did no justice to the real-life experience, due most likely to mic/speaker limitations. 

My major impressions of the exhaust are two:

First, the cold start is pretty outrageous. With no valves left in the system on removing the PSE muffler box, this is a seriously loud system for the first ~30 seconds until the idle speed drops, so if you’re faint of heart or living in an urban setting with small lots and other than enthusiast neighbors, proceed with caution. However, once the idle speed dropped, I would say the sound was not drastically louder than what I recall from my stock T. 

Second, this system addressed what was always my biggest disappointment with my car, that being the interior sound level and quality on-road. Coupled with Vektor headers, this system gave the T an aggressive sound in-cabin, without being obnoxious or overly drone-y. Drone was present on throttle only between 2K and 3K, and was what I would consider minor. Turbo spool whistle was far more noticeable than my stock car, which I found a pleasant addition. Seat of the pants, his car with Vektor headers, Soul 200 cell cats and no muffler box (big weight savings) felt not drastically, but perceptibly quicker than what I recalled of my car. 

If I had still owned my T, I would have installed this system on my car in a second, given what I said above about my feel for the stock system, and the fact that I live in a rural area where the cold start sound level would not have been an issue. After my visit, zylinderkopfdichtung let me know his wife had since driven the car and ruled “thumbs down” Caesar-style, so he will likely be removing the system and making it available for sale. For anyone with a 991.2 who feels as I did about the in-car sound, you might consider reaching out to zylinderkopfdichtung to discuss his nearly-new system. 

A big thanks to zylinderkopfdichtung for his hospitality during my visit. He is clearly a knowledgeable enthusiast across brands, both concerning the cars themselves and with a wrench. His pursuit of the lightweight T ethos for an improved subjective driving experience with his car was well aligned with my own thinking. It was a a privilege and pleasure to visit with him!
New, the exhaust is $3745 with sport cats and 4" double-walled satin black tips. $1900 takes it, shipped anywhere in the continental USA.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1698.MOV (523.9 KB, 39 views)
Last edited by Zylinderkopfdichtung; 07-03-2022 at 04:16 PM. Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 11:13 AM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts

Great seller

Great communication and great packaging!

Would definitely buy from seller in future.

100% reliable.

The following users liked this post:
ngamountains (08-02-2022)