Sponsored by:

'92 Carrera C2, 964, Super Clean, Freeway Miles, Well-Maintained

For Sale

Old 04-13-2021, 12:20 AM
blyguy
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruff Riders
will buy asap. always wanted a 964. have the cash this evening.
lol you and a lot of other people. I replied 20 min after he posted and somehow can’t buy the car either. It’s still a 240k mile car... good luck to everyone
Old 04-13-2021, 12:23 AM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,472 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by blyguy
lol you and a lot of other people. I replied 20 min after he posted and somehow can’t buy the car either. It’s still a 240k mile car... good luck to everyone
As stated in my post, those smart enough are offering him above asking to secure the car. Money talks at this point.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:35 AM
blyguy
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
As stated in my post, those smart enough are offering him above asking to secure the car. Money talks at this point.
just remember he is going to just use whatever offers he receives to get every one else to bid against themselves. The $39k price is lower than market price, but putting an ‘above asking price offer’ sight unseen is just setting yourself up to get outbid. That’s my opinion at least.

it’s his car and he wants maximum return, he’s in a good bargaining position.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:33 AM
Fish2556
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent Message. Will buy for over asking. Thanks
Old 04-13-2021, 07:51 AM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Welcome to the craziness that is the 964 market these last few months...
it’s been several years now. Eager to see how this goes tho. My 91 C4 was similar price but years ago. GLWS.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:38 PM
BOMONSTER

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sale update: Car is sold pending a bank transfer today. There will always be differing opinions on a car's worth. I had many PMs offering to buy the car but I also had cash offers from $43K - 47K sight unseen. It's not how I would buy a car but I understand it in a hot market - especially from those long time member buyers who intend to immediately drop $25K into a classic Porsche and end up at the same price as a new Lexus. Which would you rather have? They already know. Selling my car was a learning experience. I have some regrets not driving it again but happy it was appreciated by real enthusiasts. It's like buying a home these days in hot markets - expect higher than asking price offers right out of the gate.
The following users liked this post:
jcsomerv (04-13-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 05:02 PM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Flitmob
what's that mean
“Big F’ing Deal”?
I am not sure about this though.
GLWS but doesn’t look like you need it !
Old 04-14-2021, 07:54 PM
hlee96
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 125 Posts

@BOMONSTER Congratulations! Seller was legit and he was forthcoming regarding what it needs and what I should expect. I asked and he replied without any hesitation regarding what catch-up maintenance it needs and what $ it would cost to bring it up to date. Happy for him, and just a little bummed that I am not ready to drop that kind of money (sale price + maintenance cost) for a >240k miles car. However, if I was, this is as close as I would.
BOMONSTER (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 10:40 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by hlee96
@BOMONSTER Congratulations! Seller was legit and he was forthcoming regarding what it needs and what I should expect. I asked and he replied without any hesitation regarding what catch-up maintenance it needs and what $ it would cost to bring it up to date. Happy for him, and just a little bummed that I am not ready to drop that kind of money (sale price + maintenance cost) for a >240k miles car. However, if I was, this is as close as I would.
so you passed?
crazy
hlee96 (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 12:27 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

sure nice to see an honest decent person here selling a car.

good deal for the buyer
Old 04-15-2021, 09:31 AM
hlee96
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by HDA
so you passed?
crazy
Regrettably yes, since I have a completely restored '91 NSX, '89 928 GT (with sports seats/clubsports wheels) and several other rare 928s that I still haven't driven yet, along with others that need attentions/spaces. My wife is not too keen on spending another 6 figures to build a garage to store these cars when our kids are all basically under 10.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:33 PM
Ethan Huang
5th Gear

Very interested buyer . Please dm me
Originally Posted by hlee96
Regrettably yes, since I have a completely restored '91 NSX, '89 928 GT (with sports seats/clubsports wheels) and several other rare 928s that I still haven't driven yet, along with others that need attentions/spaces. My wife is not too keen on spending another 6 figures to build a garage to store these cars when our kids are all basically under 10.
Old 04-15-2021, 06:34 PM
Ethan Huang
5th Gear

Very interested buyer in CA please dm me
Originally Posted by BOMONSTER
1992 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Model 964. Freeway commuter, High mileage vehicle in stock trim with excellent body/paint. Midnight Blue with dark Blue leather interior. 5-speed manual trans. I bought it from Santa Monica dealer Steve Taub as a 40K-mile trade-in ’95 and have all service records since. Service history has been routine Mobil One oil/lube changes, 15K and 60K tuneups, and standard replacements like clutch, brakes, switches, battery, CV boots, gaskets, belts, struts, etc. There was a piston/liner/valve guides replacement at 157K miles after one cylinder dropped compression and started to “oval” out. Distributor has been vented as per factory recommendation. This car has been super reliable with no major issues and I’m selling because I’ve driven only 300 miles since 2019. Consequently, the engine underside and oil lines under the rear fenders now seep oil. Underbody engine cover has been removed after a number of clips broke.

Car runs well, although it was recommended to do a fuel injector service when it was last serviced with new battery in ’19. AC will hold a charge for 1+ year. It is currently not charged. My 20-year daily commute was off-hours freeway driving. I avoid long stints of stop-and-go traffic. Clutch and trans feels good although in long stretches of slow stop-and-go, downshifts in lower gears become “sticky/ notchy.” Gas mileage is an impressive 24 mpg – even on trips of 80+ mph driving. I only use Union 76 or Chevron 92 premium.

Dark blue leather interior is original and is in surprising good shape but dash above gauges is cracking. Trip meter has stopped working recently. Car passed smog for April ’20 registration. The highlight of this vehicle is the rust-free body shape and paint condition. There are two small dime size “garage dents” on right fender and door corner which can be removed by paintless dent pro. Car was painted by Bata Mataja’s Bad Company – a well-respected car prep/concours-level restoration company. It’s the original factory Midnight Blue but paint quality is still much deeper than factory finish. It was painted because I tagged the back of a truck bumper hitch and put a crease across the hood logo area. Bata is a friend and painted the whole car, replacing hood, taillight lenses and powder coating the original 16” alloy wheels. The paint work was done is ’05 and still looks new except for easy road rash on hood, front bumper and corners of rear bumpers. There is a clear paint protection film put on leading edges and is starting to peel away around blinker edges.

Sunroof opens but linkage not connected to wind flap and tricky to get closed. Car is always garaged on a trickle charger.

Stock 16” wheels means good tires are readily available and inexpensive to buy. Current tires are OK but should be replaced. Rear Pirellis have 50% wear and front Continentals need to be changed to Pirellis. The Continentals are Z-rated but not as secure as the Pirellis. They were given to me for no charge and in looking back, wasn’t worth it. HA!

It’s my favorite car of all time but I am selling for two reasons – First: I work from home and don’t drive it much. Second: My trusted mechanic retired and closed shop. I tried other shops in my area and was disappointed in their customer service. I am hoping for the “one” buyer who will be happy to drive it as is with a few upgrades or wants to do a major restoration on a solid car.

I priced it at $39K between Hagerty’s estimated value of $48K “Good” condition and $27K “Fair” condition. The car is in overall “Good” condition with “Excellent” body and paint and my pricing reflects the high mileage. If I were to keep it, I would want to fix the oil seepage, replace the fuel injectors and add fresh tires to feel confident about taking it on long journeys. For the right buyer who can give it some TLC with upgrades, this is a good investment to own a classic Porsche 911.

Message me by replying through this forum for additional questions. Yes I have the pink slip. Thanks for looking.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:29 PM
Aaron Van Wagner
3rd Gear

Default Available to See

Do you have any availability to show this car? I live in Glendale, so I'm not far away. My name is Aaron and my number is 818 416 0056
Old 04-18-2021, 06:01 PM
Culina
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

long gone!