Sponsored by:

2003 C4S

For Sale

Old 01-09-2022, 06:15 PM
user 8298308
Banned

Received 688 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX_Native

Makes sense that a site that has a subscription model would want to ban their users for no reason,

Come on.
Agreed.

I suspect it's a volume threshold.

Edit: Yeah, OP here sure was selling a lot of personal vehicles. Looks like they'd even cross into the dealer category in most states based on the numbers.

drola may have been bitten by that, or by the promotion of a YT channel. That doesn't seem to go over well here, like it or not.

Last edited by user 8298308; 01-09-2022 at 06:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
911us (01-09-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 12:50 AM
drola
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronjb_ME

drola may have been bitten by that, or by the promotion of a YT channel. That doesn't seem to go over well here, like it or not.
no, my issue was long before any youtube videos. they put a target on me and told me if I didn't pay a monthly fee I could never post another for sale ad ever again.
internet brands bought rennlist. they are in it to make money. if they see someone using their forum to profit, they want a cut. plain and simple. i learned this the hard way. why do you think I have two usernames? one to post on threads and another as a vendor for which I pay a monthly fee.
yet, I see plenty of people posting many for sale ads and they don't pay any monthly fee. once you are a target, they cut you off. simple as that. because they can.
there is no misinterpretation. they want money. period.
this is just my experience. YMMV

Last edited by drola; 01-10-2022 at 12:55 AM.
911us (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 07:12 AM
user 8298308
Banned

Received 688 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by drola
no, my issue was long before any youtube videos. they put a target on me and told me if I didn't pay a monthly fee I could never post another for sale ad ever again.
internet brands bought rennlist. they are in it to make money. if they see someone using their forum to profit, they want a cut. plain and simple. i learned this the hard way. why do you think I have two usernames? one to post on threads and another as a vendor for which I pay a monthly fee.
yet, I see plenty of people posting many for sale ads and they don't pay any monthly fee. once you are a target, they cut you off. simple as that. because they can.
It looks like you do some great work with Porsche vehicles. That said, at one point in 2017 it appears that you had more than a handful of cars for sale at the same time, along with a half dozen or more parts listings concurrently. When you move that kind of metal, I don't know that you can be shocked when you're asked to pony up for a vendor fee. Even most states and municipalities would require one to get a dealer license with that volume.

Good luck with the red GT3 sale. That's a superb car. And that salvage GT3 you saved is something else.
911us (01-10-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 09:59 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 743 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by drola

I can assure you that we do not have the time. nor the interest to scan the community looking for anyone who may be operating commercially. We rely on the community itself, along with the volunteer community team to direct us when they believe people are operating outside of the rules. Full stop. If you believe there are people who are operating commercially without being a site sponsor, by all means use the triangle report post button and bring these folks to the attention of the community team, otherwise they may never know.

edit. posting YT videos is also not something which represents an issue for the current community team, provided it's not someone posting the same channel across multiple forums frequently.

cheers,
robb