Notices
The Rennlist Marketplace Porsche Vehicles & Parts For Sale
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 1990 Carrera 4 Black Manual Coupe

For Sale

1990 Porsche 911

03-21-2020, 10:47 PM | Replies: 3 | Views: 3102
  • 1990 Porsche 911 - Porsche 911 1990 Carrera 4 Black Manual Coupe - Used - VIN WP0AB2961LS452016 - 150,691 Miles - 6 cyl - AWD - Manual - Coupe - Black - Los Angeles, CA 90068, United States
    Sold
Rennlist Member

• Price
    $45,000
    • OBO
  • Location Los Angeles, CA, 90068, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN WP0AB2961LS452016
  • Mileage 150,691
  • Engine 6 cyl
  • Drive Type AWD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Coupe
  • Exterior Color Black
Description:

This is priced to move quick and reflect the fact that we're currently under lockdown in CA so it's doubtful a PPI will be available. You'll have to gamble but hopefully this price is worth the gamble and you will have enough trust that I'm disclosing everything I'm aware of. This was my pride and joy and it pains me to sell it, but right now cash is king and I'm not in a financial position to have this type of toy with everything going on. I could be wrong and I hope I am, so you get to take advantage of it.

To start, review my engine out reseal thread as it painstakingly detailed my journey in December. Engine resealed, clutch/FW replaced, tons of deferred maintenance taken care of. This was built for me without the intent to sell. So, no AC and the interior is not done. It's pretty close to fully sorted except for some cosmetic things. I'll start with the bad:

• Two rust spots under the windshield
  • Front bumper has a lot of paint chips, definitely needs a respray
  • Rear bumper has spidering in the paint
  • Rust bubble was peeled away on passenger size, about the size of a quarter. POR15 on it, kinda sorta not noticeable unless looking for it.
  • Some respray spots in the front
  • The paint is very thin on rear fender, primer beginning to show through
  • Rear fenders have rock chips
  • Roof has some faint cracks in the paint, visible in full sun but harder to see in a cloudy day
  • There was rust under the battery in the frunk, treated with POR15 after grinding down on top side. Found some surface rust on the bottom side and peeled the rubber away to treat with POR15
  • Front diff has a slight leak
  • Interior carpet job didn't come out very good. Should be redone. Don't do the fabric I did, much too difficult to get in place.
  • I burned a hole in the carpet which is under the cell phone holder.
  • I was going to fabricate covers for the hand brake and rear hole thingamajig, but haven't had time. Shifter is alcatara covered.
  • Unknown leak down numbers except for an old leak down
  • A/C is ripped out, cruise control is removed, cat is currently removed (still have it), heat doesn't work
  • Still a slight leak from the IMS which really pisses me off. That seal was replaced but I dunno, it didn't work. The replacement seal was slightly different in shape.
  • I'm a dumbass and drilled holes into the floorboard that I didn't need for the track floorboards. I treated the bare metal with POR15 and sealed with RTV.
  • I attempted to solder the relay for the heat but didn't do a great job. It needs to be redone since it didn't solve the problem. This is the level of detail I'm trying to ensure I'm providing because I'm 99% sure a PPI wouldn't even catch that.
  • Headliner around sunroof is pulling back a bit on the drivers side.
  • This is more neutral, but to delete the center console, the rear wing and pdas toggles are disconnected and under the dash. If needed, you can plug them in. It's on the to do list for mounting on the dash.
The good:
  • Most normal people see it and think it looks like it's in fantastic condition. I was taking pictures of it today and one of my neighbors did a walk around and was really impressed in the condition. That's a normal person. My assessment above should be representative of what us on Rennlist.
  • The engine pulls very strong, feels great. The mechanics I've taken it to have said I shouldn't need a rebuild for awhile given how it's currently running. Take that FWIW.
  • All work was done in line with what we'd expect on Rennlist. OEM parts where it makes sense and non-OEM where there's not a difference. I did all this work without regard to being able to resell it. I'm going to take a bath on this. I wasn't intending on selling it so I was meticulously going through everything and doing it right.
  • I have an extremely detailed spreadsheet which lays out everything I did and the costs. Parts costs are on a separate tab. I may have missed some parts costs so I may be looking at losing more than I think.
  • I have the title in hand, no liens
  • Title is clear
  • Carfax is clear/clean no accidents

Highlights of work done within last several months:
  • Bilstein HD coil overs
  • SS braided brake lines
  • New battery
  • OEM Cup rear wheels, aftermarket fronts
  • Potenza RE71 tires
  • Recaro Leather seats
  • Rennlist member floor boards
  • Momo steering wheel
  • New hydraulic pump
  • New spark plugs, coils, cables
  • Injectors cleaned
  • New clutch, LWFW, upgraded to brass release fork
  • New longitudinal slave cylinder
  • Replaced all fuel lines
  • Power steering lines replaced in engine bay
  • Rennline billet valve covers
  • Valve adjustment
  • Single pulley mod
I have almost all of the OEM parts including seats (driver has a tear in the bolster and is consistent with 150K miles, passenger is pretty good, charcoal grey) and stuff I've removed. Only thing I've managed to sell is steering wheel and rear deck.

Talk to me on the phone. You'll get a feel for what type of person I am. I need to ensure financial security for my family with everything going on so I'm feel it's worth selling this at a stupid low price in order to do it.

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Engine out thread and details of service that I did (starting with a detailed recap):
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post16338859

Hi Res Detailed Photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zcF6Hx5wWmd82pUSA

My Phone Number:

Name: Ryan H.

Last edited by RyanH.; 03-24-2020 at 08:37 PM. Reply
Old 03-24-2020, 08:37 PM
RyanH.
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 160 Posts

Price change
Old 03-25-2020, 03:28 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Something a little off here, aside from the hood fitment and body panels that is.

this car was listed on eBay by notorious car flippers just a few days ago and says sold, I guess it didn’t really sell, but are you a flipper?
Old 03-25-2020, 03:29 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Also was the car in an accident? What’s with the fitment on the hood?