Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Cayman GT4 Silver Met, PCCB, LWB, CF, DEV, 2765 Mi $117k MSRP

For Sale

Old 05-25-2019, 06:19 PM
lastrealm3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can’t believe this car is still for sale, I made what I thought was a decent cash offer when the car was listed for $99k.

Although I was disappointed in the way the seller responded to my offer, it’s all good everything happens for a reason, I was able to find another one.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:23 PM
lastrealm3
Intermediate

Forgot to ask in my last post, but would you consider selling the wheels with the tires?
Old 05-26-2019, 12:12 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrealm3
Can’t believe this car is still for sale, I made what I thought was a decent cash offer when the car was listed for $99k.
Although I was disappointed in the way the seller responded to my offer, it’s all good everything happens for a reason, I was able to find another one.
Massive apologies, I'm 61 yrs old and although I try to keep my responses factual, that doesn't always come across, but I honestly never received an offer from you. Below is all of our communication and you never even allude to an offer.

Thank you for viewing my ad.

Sincerely,

Scott

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Hello,

Is it safe to assume the car has a clean over-rev report?
Correct
I saw that you mentioned that you could help with registering the car in AZ to not incur sales tax? I have a California driver license, how would that work? I don't mind driving in Los Angeles with an Arizona plate.

Also how far are you from Scottsdale, I have a close buddy there that I might have just give me an initial visual opinion on your car to begin with.
1) Yes I can help with the nuances, as it is a bit different in Arizona as you walk out with everything; papers & plate. You do need ID, and any valid Driver's license from any of the 50 States will work. It is odd but AZ state enjoys taking snowbird money for taxes and having an out of State Driver's License and an AZ registered car are not odd to cops. It is normal for the cops to hear "I have two homes in 2 States, this is my AZ car, but I spend most of my time out of State so have a CA drivers License".

I have used both the MVD - Motor Vehicles Dept lines and private independent registration business
short lines). In both cases you walk out with everything; all papers, plate, tag and title - nothing needs to be mailed to you

MVD offices in Scottsdale is here 7339 E Paradise Ln, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
https://www.azdot.gov/motor-vehicles...-and-locations

Desert Title and Tag - an independent for the MVD, I used them once and it was great on an Out of State car purchase, they cost $15 and took 15 mins to transfer a used car I bought,
http://deserttitle.com/

2) Very close to Scottsdale, traffic is not usually bad so could be there within 20 mins

Sincerely,
Scott

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 06-27-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:18 AM
lastrealm3
Intermediate

Apologies, I'm 61 yrs old and although I try to keep my responses factual, that doesn't always come across, but I honestly never received an offer from you. Below is all of our communication.
Spare wheels, tires may be available after car is resolved.

NOBODY CAN GIVE YOU A BETTER DEAL
3 years ago, I received 5 cars in a Vintage Ferrari exchange that had appreciated 400%, four of these were Porsches and I have zero cost into this GT4. Bill bought one of the other GT4 8 months ago and immediately flipped it for profit (good for him, saavy buyer!)
That being said I would like to sell at market.

Don't like the price and want to push the price lower?
Sure, everything is possible.
All I ask is that you base your offer on market prices, by giving me three comparables and I will consider it. Just like Real Estate, take the emotion out and get down to the facts on pricing.
I did extensive market research before listing, then dropped the price $5k MORE for a quick sale to facilitate a transaction.

WANT BELOW MARKET PRICING?
I have another Vintage Ferrari coming out of restoration in August for Monterey and will def need garage space after then. If this car doesn't sell this weekend the ad will be pulled from RL and car kept but contact me in late August and I will be absolutely desparate to sell

Thank you for viewing my ad.

Sincerely,

Scott
My offer came via email, again it’s all good. Will wait for the car to sell to follow up on the wheels.

After doing research, came to the conclusion all should accept the sales tax, not worth the risk.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:24 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I can tell you from first hand experience, Scott keeps his cars in excellent condition.
Good deal for someone!

I don't need another, do I?
I want to say Thank You again for such a fast, smooth and painless transaction on the other GT4, let me know if you need a silver one or perhaps just test drive.
I gave up on RL trying to sell this one before registering the Touring and just decided not to delay and got it done in 20 mins on Friday at Desert Title.

I am itching to drive the Tonto Basin Loop, let's grab JoeJenie and go~!
Old 05-26-2019, 12:40 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

My offer came via email, again it’s all good. Will wait for the car to sell to follow up on the wheels.

After doing research, came to the conclusion all should accept the sales tax, not worth the risk.
Thanks Ibrahim,
Found your email. I appreciate your offer of $93k, I had asked for 3 comparables at $24k under MSRP (or close) . Apologies
Sincerely,
Scott

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 05-26-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:45 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

This GT4 has had the critical Porsche WG38 Comm upgrade completed, you are READY TO GO .

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 06-27-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:58 PM
lastrealm3
Intermediate

Thanks Ibrahim,
Found your email. I appreciate your offer of $93k, I had asked for 3 comparables at $24k under MSRP (or close) . Apologies
Sincerely,
Scott
You’re right I should have offered more, as of today this car is the best deal on the market @ $99k, that’s why I’m surprised it hasn’t sold yet.

Best of luck, hoping I don’t have the same experience when I’m ready to let go of mine!

For those who haven’t spoken to Scott over the phone, he’s very knowledgeable and honest, I personally wouldn’t hesitate to buy the car without seeing it in person.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:47 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 376 Posts

I have not surveyed the GT4 market lately, but this one has to be the most car for the money, hands down. Don't wait for the new one--buy this one now and enjoy! Super-great value.
The following users liked this post:
Trey03 (09-25-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 02:37 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

And it qualifies for a new transmission? ! Nice machine . I like the Yellow touch. And, my favorite color...Silver- ugh. want it
Old 05-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
... Don't wait for the new one--buy this one now and enjoy! Super-great value.
Yeah, but this is my drama circle value thread now....

Seriously though, That is the reality of Porsche, the next model is always going to have significant improvements.

The gamble will be where the Porsche folks market the options/price point.
- If Porsche learn in the same approach as the GT2 RS and Speedster with huge corporate ADM not deferring demand then the next GT4 will be priced high and make this 2016 GT4 look like a bargain
- If Porsche keep the next GT4 pricing too close to the 2016 GT4 then those 2016 cars should sink quickly in value as buyer go for the new and shun the old

I'm guessing door #2
Originally Posted by Gofishracing
And it qualifies for a new transmission? !
Unbelieveably so...
I had anticipated a day or less to perform the scheduled annual servicing, brake fluid flush and DME readout. Keep in mind I blundered and listed the car here, AT and EBay before doing servicing so was pretty wary on the duration it would take (peak Spring GT4 sales time is almost over). Big mistake on my part,
then the SA Michael let me know that Porsche is doing a blanket replacement of transmissions.

I raised my eyebrow, wah?
The Passion play began

He responded, "oh yeah, it is a $17,000.00 replacement...."
- My hope is on alert
"But, Porsche will cover it"
- My hopes raised
He responded,"Oh wait, that is your other GT4, the White one, let me double check on the Silver one"
- My hopes on dashed
MIchael responded "Uh oh, yep, Got it, both GT4s due"
- My hopes raised
He continued "but we're backlogged in GT4 transmissions and Corporate might have a shortage"
- My hopes dashed
And again "But you're a good customer and I can swap inventory with Tim DeMoore's allocation because he is racing across Europe now and won't be back for a month"
- I give up .... LOL, they got it done quickly, I was most appreciative

Ironical on a low mileage, buttery smooth transmission that had never been mis-shifted in 2794 miles but liability lawyers rule and Porsche is really stepping up. I drove it 20 miles home and was focused on listening and suspecting any imperfection but it shifts smoother than butter (pure hyperbole) and engages all gears impeccably.
This GT4 is fresh but it sounds like every GT4 produced will get new transmissions

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 05-26-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:09 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Your car a perfect example . Get the replacement transmission. Sell it for your original price .... I love silver cars .
Old 05-28-2019, 03:22 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

From what I've noticed, there are a lot of tire kickers on Rennlist and the majority of people already own a Porsche, you should have better luck on Autotrader and CarGurus.com but also consider BAT with a reserve set in the low 90's
Old 05-28-2019, 11:24 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
From what I've noticed, there are a lot of tire kickers on Rennlist and the majority of people already own a Porsche, you should have better luck on Autotrader and CarGurus.com but also consider BAT with a reserve set in the low 90's
Thank you, much appreciated

My idea was to address the sale of this car just like Real Estate, to catch those early, serious buyers with your best, lowest, no haggle price that is so irresistible that they'll want to test drive it. If you miss that first wave of buyers then you're left with a far more casual group of buyers. My opening price was $3k below my market estimate and beat every other GT4 for value below MSRP .
Thank you to everyone for looking, much appreciated.

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 06-14-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:01 AM
Cougarav8r
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 34 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Porsch...frcectupt=true

No affiliation.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cougarav8r:
Agent_Orange (06-26-2019), Tsweidle (09-30-2019)