Macan 2014-Current

AA&CarPlay AI BOX

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 10:52 AM
sscofield
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AA&CarPlay AI BOX

Has anyone hears of this device?…if so, any thoughts?

AA&CarPlay AI BOX

MULTI-MEDIA BOX FOR CARPLAY AND ANDROID AUTO
Regular price$269.00 Sale price$199.00
Sale
QuantityDecrease quantity for AA&CarPlay AI BOXIncrease quantity for AA&CarPlay AI BOXAdd to cart
Buy now with Apple PayBuy with
More payment optionsFor vehicles featured with factory CarPlay ONLY
AA&CarPlay AI Box is a USB adapter upgrading your in-car infotainment and entertainment system. Build-in opening Android OS, that allows downloading any apps to car screen. Plug AI Box into the car's USB port enables existing wired CarPlay to wireless via Bluetooth connection. No matter if the factory car has Android auto or not,you are able to use Android auto wirelessly.
Old 07-23-2023, 10:35 PM
jmoney99
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a similar one by CUSP that I’ve been using for about 1.5 years. It basically turns the display into an android tablet and you can connect to either your phones hotspot or add a SIM card to it. Most apps on the play store work but some like Netflix need to be older versions. The one I have has 8-core 4Gb ram/ 64Gb storage and you can add up to a 500GB SD card. The wireless CarPlay is a run through an app on the unit which works well most of the time. Occasionally you get a disconnect but it reconnects pretty quickly — seems to be a common issue with wireless CarPlay from outside interference. My unit is a bit old now and still on android 9. There are newer ones that have more memory / Android 11. These also have a built in GPS so you can use map apps without your phone but would still need a data connection if you want traffic etc. I’d suggest comparing them on Amazon since you have free returns if it doesn’t work out. This is the one I’m using:
2023 Wireless Car Play AI Box Android 8 Core 4G+64G+SIM Google Play Store Auto GPS Video Adapter Split Screen WiFi YouTube,Only for OEM Wired CarPlay Cars (for Factory Wired Car Play https://a.co/d/5AojICT

You can customize with different launchers

Use Prime Video/Netflix, YouTube, Plex etc

Internet browser

Install apps from google play

Wireless carplay

Last edited by jmoney99; 07-23-2023 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:42 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 138 Posts

I have a simpler version that allows for wireless Android Auto, no external wifi signal needed. Here is my thread about it, its been working well for about 7 months so far.

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...on-2021-a.html

Quick Reply: AA&CarPlay AI BOX