Macan 2014-Current

Scratches 2023 Macan middle console

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 01:10 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
I have a spray bottle filled with deionized h2o with which I mist those areas followed by gentle drying with an ultra soft, clean microfiber. By doing so I’ve kept these areas scratch free for several years in my prior P cars with no apparent scratches, even small ones. When I took delivery of my 992, I noticed a scratch and insisted they replace that panel. With my latest delivery I insisted they not touch it. All this is kinda OCD but it’s also respect for really fine machines.
I left mine alone. Even though it is annoying to have a big scratch in the console, the thoughts that they have to take all the things apart to replace the part is much more worse. You never know how they do it and there is always a chance that they damage other things.
Old 08-13-2023, 01:16 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 857 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by john981
I left mine alone. Even though it is annoying to have a big scratch in the console, the thoughts that they have to take all the things apart to replace the part is much more worse. You never know how they do it and there is always a chance that they damage other things.
Certainly a reasonable concern. My replaced panel is not scratch free. It’s better than what was there but it acquired small scratches during installation. I’ve learned…no matter how much I’d love to drive a new, nicely detailed Porsche off the showroom floor, I’m happier taking the car dirty and letting my PPF/detailer guys give it a scratch free showroom look.

Quick Reply: Scratches 2023 Macan middle console