Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Delivery of Macan EV to dealers begin (photos)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2024, 01:06 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts

I saw that… but in the meantime, my dealership did not say anything like this. However, we are not allowed to test drive its Demo Macans…
Hard to believe that Porsche is unable to deliver thousands of cars for a software issue while every reviewer said that the software was pretty nice to use.
There is something that is missing to understand the situation!
Old 09-03-2024, 01:35 PM
burnspbesq
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beye
I saw that… but in the meantime, my dealership did not say anything like this. However, we are not allowed to test drive its Demo Macans…
Hard to believe that Porsche is unable to deliver thousands of cars for a software issue while every reviewer said that the software was pretty nice to use.
There is something that is missing to understand the situation!
Rumor has it that Apple will announce significant improvements to CarPlay at its event scheduled for 9/10. If that turns out to be the case, then it makes a certain amount of sense for Porsche to update PCM to take advantage of the new functionality before delivering vehicles to customers. It’s well known that Porsche has historically not done a great job with OTA software updates.
Old 09-03-2024, 01:40 PM
skipjack
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW I think they are frantically testing the android automotive o/s before launch and will then update cars with the final release version before delivery.
They jumped to a new o/s mid development which is bound to cause complications.

Last edited by skipjack; 09-03-2024 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-03-2024, 01:41 PM
JayGT4
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboIXXI
I ordered Aventurine Green with Black/Turbonite. If I could do it over again, I’d pick the Neodyme accents and add the Turbonite seatbelts & stitching.

Also, Slate wasn’t available at the time. I would’ve likely picked that over Aventurine.
Yea Neodyme accent color goes great with grays and greens IMO.
Old 09-03-2024, 01:43 PM
beye
Instructor

Yes, but Porsche has no problem to say it’s a 2025 MY feature, sorry, your car is a 2024 MY…

it sounds like a deep issue they must tackle: IP rights, compliance, new upgraded hardware (to avoid issues like heat, over consumption, memory leak / OS stability and reliability and so on)…

I can’t believe it’s (only) software related

Last edited by beye; 09-03-2024 at 01:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TurboIXXI (09-03-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 02:59 PM
tmrqs
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by burnspbesq
Rumor has it that Apple will announce significant improvements to CarPlay at its event scheduled for 9/10. If that turns out to be the case, then it makes a certain amount of sense for Porsche to update PCM to take advantage of the new functionality before delivering vehicles to customers. It’s well known that Porsche has historically not done a great job with OTA software updates.
While anything is possible, I highly doubt that.

That type of announcement typically takes place during WWDC in June, *not* during an iPhone event. And they will also announce new watches, and rumor is betting on new iPads as well.

I know a couple people are fervently defending this theory, and using 9/20 (expected launch date of new iPhones and new iOS) to back it up, but the odds of this being true are extremely (extremely!) slim.
Awas (09-03-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 04:31 PM
Duke95
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I too think the Apple thing is bunk. You just don't hold up 10k cars for that (noting these are being held up for CARB in the US as well at this point...EPA is apparently all set). You just don't hold up for hardware AND THEN ship you hardware all over the earth in the meantime...makes no sense. I can believe there is a software issue that could generate a major recall...something like that you would want to fix if you could and hold up the whole world, on a car that is already 6-9 months late. Or the software is missing a major, major feature...the kind of thing Volvo is willing to sell cars (EX-90 without any lidar functionality yet but people can get the car anyway?, ugh) that perhaps Porsche would not. Also hard to believe it is held up just to wait for the next update to Android...reviewers like it as is already. Much more likely it is something none of us know about and Porsche is not telling...something that would either be dangerous, lead to recall, or be very expensive and/or PR nightmare to get the car out with.
tmrqs (09-03-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 04:43 PM
beye
Instructor

My bet is that it is related to hardware: they need an upgraded hardware to run Android OS without any problems and the need to reboot it frequently…

Actually, it has to be a major issue/upgrade to justify losing 0.5 - 1 billion $ of cash for months. That’s the point.
AlexCeres (09-04-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 07:56 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,047 Posts

The taycan can and has OTA update the PCM. Hard to believe the much newer Macan couldn’t for CarPlay.
Old 09-05-2024, 08:26 AM
TomekGnomek
Track Day

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sharing any pictures but dealers in Poland started receiving first cars as well - this week actually.
Old 09-05-2024, 12:01 PM
dhsmith
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why no deliveries until September 20th

Back in March when I gave my Porsche deposit for a 2024 Macan 4, I was told that my delivery was scheduled to be September 20. It seems probable to me that September 20 was, for some time, set to be the launch date --- worldwide --- for the Macan 4. That way no reviewer, regardless of location, would be at a disadvantage in getting a car to review, and the PR splash would be very large the last 10 days of September. Make sense?
Old 09-05-2024, 07:22 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,732 Likes on 949 Posts

New Official date for North America is September 30th per PCNA.
Old 09-06-2024, 12:56 PM
fubar.droid
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
New Official date for North America is September 30th per PCNA.
That's a real bummer.
Old 09-06-2024, 07:30 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,732 Likes on 949 Posts

Originally Posted by fubar.droid
That's a real bummer.
Received another update from my dealer. PCNA announced in the internal dealer news network this morning that the Macan 4 and Turbo officially received CARB Executive Orders today. That means that the Macan 4 and Turbo are officially legal to sell stateside. My understanding from my dealer is that port release should happen sooner than later as cars have been stockpiling up at ports. So the September 30th date could very well be no longer relevant.
seejaneworkit (09-07-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 12:19 AM
fubar.droid
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Received another update from my dealer. PCNA announced in the internal dealer news network this morning that the Macan 4 and Turbo officially received CARB Executive Orders today. That means that the Macan 4 and Turbo are officially legal to sell stateside. My understanding from my dealer is that port release should happen sooner than later as cars have been stockpiling up at ports. So the September 30th date could very well be no longer relevant.
Really hate that the cars have been sitting out in the sun near the damn ocean for months. They originally told me June/July delivery when I put my order in late Jan and if I knew it was going to sit in port for so long I would have held off until they got their **** together and was ready to actually sell it. Jan 25 launch was total crock. Really disappointed as this is my first Porsche and I have a poor first impression w/ them.

Last edited by fubar.droid; 09-08-2024 at 12:20 AM.
tmrqs (09-08-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Delivery of Macan EV to dealers begin (photos)